MX23RW : Tuesday, May 21 13:11:21| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
Excelsior
Eredivisie | Gameweek 19
Jan 27, 2024 at 8pm UK
Van Donge & De Roo Stadion
FC Utrecht

Excelsior
1 - 1
Utrecht

Horemans (65')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Toornstra (63')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Eredivisie clash between SBV Excelsior and FC Utrecht, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Utrecht 1-1 PSV
Sunday, January 21 at 11.15am in Eredivisie

We said: SBV Excelsior 1-1 FC Utrecht

Utrecht have endured a torrid campaign in front of goal, but we are backing them to find the back of the net here en route to a share of the spoils come the sound of the final whistle. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a FC Utrecht win with a probability of 47.87%. A win for SBV Excelsior had a probability of 27.53% and a draw had a probability of 24.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a FC Utrecht win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.95%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.43%) and 0-2 (8.06%). The likeliest SBV Excelsior win was 1-0 (7.18%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.63%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-1 draw for this match.

Result
SBV ExcelsiorDrawFC Utrecht
27.53% (0.457 0.46) 24.6% (0.166 0.17) 47.87% (-0.622 -0.62)
Both teams to score 55.33% (-0.177 -0.18)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.84% (-0.403 -0.4)47.16% (0.404 0.4)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.61% (-0.377 -0.38)69.4% (0.377 0.38)
SBV Excelsior Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.96% (0.137 0.14)31.05% (-0.136 -0.14)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.64% (0.16 0.16)67.36% (-0.158 -0.16)
FC Utrecht Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.23% (-0.417 -0.42)19.77% (0.418 0.42)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.19% (-0.679 -0.68)51.81% (0.681 0.68)
Score Analysis
    SBV Excelsior 27.53%
    FC Utrecht 47.87%
    Draw 24.6%
SBV ExcelsiorDrawFC Utrecht
1-0 @ 7.18% (0.147 0.15)
2-1 @ 6.81% (0.077 0.08)
2-0 @ 4.2% (0.101 0.1)
3-1 @ 2.65% (0.04 0.04)
3-2 @ 2.15% (0.004 0)
3-0 @ 1.64% (0.045 0.04)
Other @ 2.91%
Total : 27.53%
1-1 @ 11.63% (0.090000000000002 0.09)
0-0 @ 6.14% (0.104 0.1)
2-2 @ 5.52% (-0.0089999999999995 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.16% (-0.013 -0.01)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 24.6%
0-1 @ 9.95% (0.038 0.04)
1-2 @ 9.43% (-0.051 -0.05)
0-2 @ 8.06% (-0.074 -0.07)
1-3 @ 5.1% (-0.095999999999999 -0.1)
0-3 @ 4.36% (-0.098000000000001 -0.1)
2-3 @ 2.98% (-0.045 -0.04)
1-4 @ 2.07% (-0.066 -0.07)
0-4 @ 1.77% (-0.064 -0.06)
2-4 @ 1.21% (-0.034 -0.03)
Other @ 2.95%
Total : 47.87%

How you voted: Excelsior vs Utrecht

SBV Excelsior
27.8%
Draw
44.4%
FC Utrecht
27.8%
18
Head to Head
Nov 12, 2023 7pm
Gameweek 12
Utrecht
2-2
Excelsior
Bozdogan (70'), Sagnan (90+3')
Sagnan (90+4')
Driouech (53'), Lamprou (62')
Baas (83')
Jan 25, 2023 8pm
Oct 2, 2022 1.30pm
Feb 23, 2019 5.30pm
Gameweek 23
Utrecht
0-0
Excelsior
Klaiber (9')
Koolwijk (21'), Fortes (60'), Messaoud (95')
Nov 30, 2018 7pm
Gameweek 14
Excelsior
3-3
Utrecht
Omarsson (6'), Koolwijk (8'), Bruins (26' pen.)
Matthys (81')
Kerk (55'), Venema (61'), Gustafson (65' pen.)
Tannane (23'), van der Maarel (25'), Klaiber (26'), Janssen (59')
Klaiber (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPSV EindhovenPSV342941111219091
2Feyenoord34266292266684
3FC Twente34216769363369
4AZ AlkmaarAZ34198770393165
5Ajax341511874611356
6NECNijmegen341411968511753
7FC UtrechtUtrecht341311104947250
8Sparta RotterdamSparta34147135148349
9Go Ahead Eagles341210124746146
10Fortuna SittardSittard34911143756-1938
11Heerenveen34107175370-1737
12PEC Zwolle3499164567-2236
13Almere CityAlmere City34713143359-2634
14Heracles3496194174-3333
15RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk3478193856-1829
16SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior34611175073-2329
RFC VolendamVolendam3447233488-5419
RVitesse3466223074-446


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!