MX23RW : Tuesday, March 5 13:07:13| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
FC Utrecht
Eredivisie | Gameweek 14
Dec 3, 2023 at 3.45pm UK
Stadion Galgenwaard
AZ Alkmaar
Utrecht
1 - 1
AZ
Jensen (49')
FT(HT: 0-1)
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Eredivisie clash between FC Utrecht and AZ Alkmaar, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sparta 1-2 Utrecht
Sunday, November 26 at 3.45pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: AZ 1-0 Zrinjski Mostar
Thursday, November 30 at 5.45pm in Europa Conference League

We said: FC Utrecht 1-2 AZ Alkmaar

Goals have been a real feature of this fixture, and we expect this weekend's clash to be no different. That said, we are also backing the away side to carry the day in the end. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a AZ Alkmaar win with a probability of 37.79%. A win for FC Utrecht had a probability of 37.12% and a draw had a probability of 25.1%.

The most likely scoreline for an AZ Alkmaar win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.41%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.36%) and 0-2 (5.96%). The likeliest FC Utrecht win was 2-1 (8.32%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.79%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.8% likelihood.

Result
FC UtrechtDrawAZ Alkmaar
37.12% (0.427 0.43) 25.09% (0.097000000000001 0.1) 37.79% (-0.523 -0.52)
Both teams to score 57.44% (-0.334 -0.33)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.92% (-0.44 -0.44)46.08% (0.44 0.44)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.62% (-0.417 -0.42)68.38% (0.41800000000001 0.42)
FC Utrecht Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.61% (0.033000000000001 0.03)24.39% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.19% (0.042999999999999 0.04)58.81% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
AZ Alkmaar Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.97% (-0.473 -0.47)24.03% (0.474 0.47)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.7% (-0.68 -0.68)58.3% (0.682 0.68)
Score Analysis
    FC Utrecht 37.12%
    AZ Alkmaar 37.79%
    Draw 25.09%
FC UtrechtDrawAZ Alkmaar
2-1 @ 8.32% (0.055000000000001 0.06)
1-0 @ 8.27% (0.161 0.16)
2-0 @ 5.83% (0.118 0.12)
3-1 @ 3.91% (0.029 0.03)
3-2 @ 2.79% (-0.018 -0.02)
3-0 @ 2.74% (0.058 0.06)
4-1 @ 1.38% (0.012 0.01)
4-2 @ 0.98% (-0.005 -0.01)
4-0 @ 0.97% (0.022 0.02)
Other @ 1.92%
Total : 37.12%
1-1 @ 11.79% (0.069999999999999 0.07)
2-2 @ 5.93% (-0.044 -0.04)
0-0 @ 5.86% (0.108 0.11)
3-3 @ 1.33% (-0.028 -0.03)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 25.09%
1-2 @ 8.41% (-0.069000000000001 -0.07)
0-1 @ 8.36% (0.040000000000001 0.04)
0-2 @ 5.96% (-0.054 -0.05)
1-3 @ 4% (-0.089 -0.09)
0-3 @ 2.83% (-0.066 -0.07)
2-3 @ 2.82% (-0.06 -0.06)
1-4 @ 1.42% (-0.052 -0.05)
0-4 @ 1.01% (-0.038 -0.04)
2-4 @ 1.01% (-0.036 -0.04)
Other @ 1.98%
Total : 37.79%

How you voted: Utrecht vs AZ

FC Utrecht
11.8%
Draw
17.6%
AZ Alkmaar
70.6%
17
Head to Head
Feb 7, 2023 5.45pm
Round of 16
AZ
1-2
Utrecht
Karlsson (86')
Viergever (58'), Maeda (93')
Jan 28, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 19
AZ
5-5
Utrecht
Dekker (20'), Pavlidis (31', 34', 78'), De Wit (70')
Douvikas (12', 16', 65'), Viergever (41'), Van de Streek (80')
Oct 9, 2022 1.30pm
Gameweek 9
Utrecht
1-2
AZ
Sylla (90+2')
Van Brederode (31'), Sugawara (68')
May 11, 2022 7pm
Gameweek 30
Utrecht
2-2
AZ
Van de Streek (37'), Douvikas (90+4')
van Overeem (57')
Pavlidis (12', 15')
de Wit (69')
Oct 17, 2021 11.15am
Gameweek 8
AZ
5-1
Utrecht
Pavlidis (6'), Karlsson (12'), De Wit (40', 56'), Gudmundsson (86' pen.)
Maduro (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV24213079136666
2Feyenoord24175260194156
3FC Twente24155447232450
4AZ AlkmaarAZ24127545232243
5Ajax24116753431039
6Go Ahead Eagles2410773832637
7NECNijmegen249964839936
8FC UtrechtUtrecht248882932-332
9Heerenveen2494114044-431
10Sparta RotterdamSparta2486103034-430
11Fortuna SittardSittard2486102841-1330
12Almere CityAlmere City2477102441-1728
13PEC Zwolle2476113243-1127
14Heracles2465133155-2423
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior2449113852-1421
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk2453162041-2118
17Vitesse2444161949-3016
18FC VolendamVolendam2434172562-3713

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!