MX23RW : Friday, February 23 07:40:55| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
FC Twente logo
Eredivisie | Gameweek 15
Dec 8, 2023 at 7pm UK
De Grolsch Veste
Excelsior
FC Twente
4 - 2
Excelsior
Ugalde (45'), van Wolfswinkel (59' pen., 80'), Taha (85')
Smal (67'), Propper (77')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Parrott (9'), Nieuwpoort (13')
Naujoks (24'), Dijkhuizen (25'), Driouech (26'), Horemans (57'), Nieuwpoort (59')
Zagre (24')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Friday's Eredivisie clash between FC Twente and SBV Excelsior, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Go Ahead Eagles 1-3 FC Twente
Sunday, December 3 at 1.30pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: RKC Waalwijk 2-2 Excelsior
Saturday, December 2 at 7pm in Eredivisie

We said: FC Twente 2-1 SBV Excelsior

Apart from when PSV came to town at the end of last month, Twente are unbeaten at De Grolsch Veste this season and will be confident of adding three points to their tally on Friday. Excelsior were unconvincing during their stalemate at Waalwijk on the weekend, and we feel that the Kralingers' winless run in the Eredivisie will continue in Enschede. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a FC Twente win with a probability of 68.73%. A draw had a probability of 17.3% and a win for SBV Excelsior had a probability of 13.96%.

The most likely scoreline for a FC Twente win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.52%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.28%) and 3-1 (7.79%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.75%), while for a SBV Excelsior win it was 1-2 (3.97%). The actual scoreline of 4-2 was predicted with a 2.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that FC Twente would win this match.

Result
FC TwenteDrawSBV Excelsior
68.73% (0.175 0.17) 17.31% (-0.058 -0.06) 13.96% (-0.115 -0.12)
Both teams to score 58.63% (-0.10599999999999 -0.11)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
67.56% (0.019999999999996 0.02)32.44% (-0.017000000000003 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
45.93% (0.021999999999998 0.02)54.07% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02)
FC Twente Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
91.42% (0.043999999999997 0.04)8.58% (-0.0419 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
70.35% (0.107 0.11)29.65% (-0.106 -0.11)
SBV Excelsior Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.14% (-0.146 -0.15)35.86% (0.147 0.15)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
27.36% (-0.148 -0.15)72.64% (0.14999999999999 0.15)
Score Analysis
    FC Twente 68.73%
    SBV Excelsior 13.96%
    Draw 17.31%
FC TwenteDrawSBV Excelsior
2-1 @ 9.52% (-0.0079999999999991 -0.01)
2-0 @ 9.28% (0.029 0.03)
3-1 @ 7.79% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
3-0 @ 7.59% (0.039000000000001 0.04)
1-0 @ 7.56% (0.008 0.01)
4-1 @ 4.78% (0.016 0.02)
4-0 @ 4.66% (0.033 0.03)
3-2 @ 3.99% (-0.011 -0.01)
4-2 @ 2.45% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
5-1 @ 2.35% (0.012 0.01)
5-0 @ 2.29% (0.021 0.02)
5-2 @ 1.2% (0.002 0)
6-1 @ 0.96% (0.007 0.01)
6-0 @ 0.94% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 3.37%
Total : 68.73%
1-1 @ 7.75% (-0.022 -0.02)
2-2 @ 4.88% (-0.023000000000001 -0.02)
0-0 @ 3.08% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
3-3 @ 1.37% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 0.24%
Total : 17.31%
1-2 @ 3.97% (-0.027 -0.03)
0-1 @ 3.16% (-0.015 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.67% (-0.014 -0.01)
0-2 @ 1.62% (-0.015 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.36% (-0.015 -0.01)
Other @ 2.19%
Total : 13.96%

How you voted: FC Twente vs Excelsior

FC Twente
92.6%
Draw
3.7%
SBV Excelsior
3.7%
27
Head to Head
Apr 1, 2023 5.45pm
Aug 31, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 3
FC Twente
4-0
Excelsior
Cleonise (1'), Tzolis (8'), Cerny (62', 90+2')
Dec 23, 2017 7.45pm
Oct 27, 2017 7pm
FC Twente
1-3
Excelsior
Boere (2')
Cuevas (38'), Lam (87')
Faik (41'), Massop (74'), Karami (80')
Caenepeel (84')
Feb 12, 2017 11.30am
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV22202070106062
2Feyenoord22164256173952
3FC Twente22135442222044
4AZ AlkmaarAZ22116542222039
5Ajax22106651411036
6Go Ahead Eagles229763729834
7NECNijmegen227964137430
8Sparta RotterdamSparta228592931-229
9FC UtrechtUtrecht227872830-229
10PEC Zwolle227693134-327
11Almere CityAlmere City227692237-1527
12Heerenveen2274113444-1025
13Fortuna SittardSittard2266102239-1724
14Heracles2264122952-2322
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior224993545-1021
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk2253142039-1918
17FC VolendamVolendam2234152353-3013
18Vitesse2234151646-3013

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!