MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 05:26:43| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Chaves
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Portimonense
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Vizela
Moreirense
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 12
Dec 3, 2023 at 6pm UK
Parque Desportivo Comendador Joaquim de Almeida Freitas
Benfica
Moreirense
0 - 0
Benfica

Ramos (23'), de Brito Gonzaga (45+4'), Franco (46'), Marcelo (50')
FT

Kokcu (79')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Primeira Liga clash between Moreirense and Benfica, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Estrela Amadora 0-1 Moreirense
Saturday, November 11 at 6pm in Primeira Liga
Last Game: Benfica 3-3 Inter Milan
Wednesday, November 29 at 8pm in Champions League

We said: Moreirense 1-2 Benfica

Three of the last four meetings between the sides have seen Moreirense hold Benfica to 1-1 draws, as the visitors have only won four of the last nine head-to-heads, despite the gulf in stature between the sides. Another close encounter is in the offing given Moreirense's ability at stifling the opposition, but Benfica should have just enough to claim three points and remain top of the pile. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Benfica win with a probability of 58.39%. A draw had a probability of 21.6% and a win for Moreirense had a probability of 20.02%.

The most likely scoreline for a Benfica win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.93%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (9.45%) and 0-2 (9.32%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.07%), while for a Moreirense win it was 2-1 (5.37%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 4.8% likelihood.

Result
MoreirenseDrawBenfica
20.02% (1.288 1.29) 21.58% (0.255 0.25) 58.39% (-1.547 -1.55)
Both teams to score 56.44% (1.412 1.41)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.53% (0.782 0.78)41.47% (-0.788 -0.79)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.13% (0.79 0.79)63.86% (-0.79499999999999 -0.79)
Moreirense Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.57% (1.799 1.8)34.42% (-1.804 -1.8)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.86% (1.873 1.87)71.13% (-1.878 -1.88)
Benfica Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.07% (-0.22000000000001 -0.22)13.92% (0.214 0.21)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
58.63% (-0.43 -0.43)41.36% (0.425 0.42)
Score Analysis
    Moreirense 20.02%
    Benfica 58.39%
    Draw 21.57%
MoreirenseDrawBenfica
2-1 @ 5.37% (0.286 0.29)
1-0 @ 5.11% (0.07 0.07)
2-0 @ 2.72% (0.165 0.17)
3-1 @ 1.91% (0.189 0.19)
3-2 @ 1.88% (0.172 0.17)
3-0 @ 0.97% (0.102 0.1)
Other @ 2.05%
Total : 20.02%
1-1 @ 10.07% (0.06 0.06)
2-2 @ 5.3% (0.243 0.24)
0-0 @ 4.79% (-0.173 -0.17)
3-3 @ 1.24% (0.105 0.11)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 21.57%
1-2 @ 9.93% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-1 @ 9.45% (-0.419 -0.42)
0-2 @ 9.32% (-0.489 -0.49)
1-3 @ 6.53% (-0.066 -0.07)
0-3 @ 6.12% (-0.373 -0.37)
2-3 @ 3.48% (0.133 0.13)
1-4 @ 3.22% (-0.059 -0.06)
0-4 @ 3.02% (-0.209 -0.21)
2-4 @ 1.72% (0.052 0.05)
1-5 @ 1.27% (-0.033 -0.03)
0-5 @ 1.19% (-0.092 -0.09)
Other @ 3.14%
Total : 58.39%

How you voted: Moreirense vs Benfica

Moreirense
0.0%
Draw
0.0%
Benfica
100%
14
Head to Head
Dec 17, 2022 7pm
Group Stage
Moreirense
1-1
Benfica
Luis (25' pen.)
Ramos (43')
Jan 15, 2022 6pm
Gameweek 18
Benfica
1-1
Moreirense
Nunez (65')
Silva (55'), Otamendi (86'), Grimaldo (90+6')
Gilberto (61' og.)
Pacheco (40'), Martins (45+1'), Paulinho (72'), Jorge (89'), Kewin (90+6')
Aug 7, 2021 6pm
Gameweek 1
Moreirense
1-2
Benfica
Martins (30')
Soares (36'), Pires (69'), Jorge (75'), Pacheco (90+3')
Verissimo (9'), Waldschmidt (19')
Taarabt (33'), Weigl (60'), Meite (81'), Silva (90+8')
Goncalves (56')
Feb 14, 2021 8.15pm
Gameweek 19
Moreirense
1-1
Benfica
Yan (40' pen.)
Ba (58'), Pacheco (70')
Seferovic (25')
Grimaldo (38'), Weigl (65'), Otamendi (73')
Sep 26, 2020 6.30pm
Gameweek 2
Benfica
2-0
Moreirense
Dias (20'), Seferovic (80')
Pizzi (30'), Almeida (60')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Benfica22174152153755
2Sporting Lisbon21181260194155
3Porto22153437162148
4Braga22134546331343
5Vitoria de GuimaraesGuimaraes23125635251041
6MoreirenseMoreirense2311572726138
7AroucaArouca2394103832631
8FamalicaoFamalicao226882328-526
9SC FarenseFarense2375113032-226
10Casa Pia2375112235-1326
11Gil Vicente2274113336-325
12BoavistaBoavista2266103040-1024
13Estrela Amadora2357112335-1222
14PortimonensePortimonense2264122445-2122
15Estoril PraiaEstoril2263133640-421
16Rio AveRio Ave224992231-921
17ChavesChaves2346132349-2618
18Vizela2237122044-2416

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!