MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 04:49:22| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Charlotte FC
Major League Soccer
Feb 25, 2024 at 12.30am UK
Bank of America Stadium
New York City

Charlotte FC
1 - 0
NY City

Malanda (8')
Westwood (34'), Vargas (73'), Urso (79')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Ilencic (9'), Martins (65')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between Charlotte FC and New York City FC, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: NY Red Bulls 5-2 Charlotte FC
Thursday, October 26 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: NY City 1-0 Chicago Fire
Saturday, October 21 at 11pm in Major League Soccer

We said: Charlotte FC 1-2 New York City FC

There are a lot of new faces in Charlotte, and it might take them a while to gel as a unit, while we are unconvinced they have sorted out their goalkeeping issues. After a difficult 2023 campaign, having a long off-season to familiarize themselves with their new surroundings should be helpful to the Pigeons, who have plenty of attacking depth which should serve them well in this match. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Charlotte FC win with a probability of 40.65%. A win for New York City FC had a probability of 32.06% and a draw had a probability of 27.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Charlotte FC win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.44%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.44%) and 2-0 (7.48%). The likeliest New York City FC win was 0-1 (9.88%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.91%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with an 11.4% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Charlotte FC in this match.

Result
Charlotte FCDrawNew York City FC
40.65% (0.091000000000001 0.09) 27.29% (0.064999999999998 0.06) 32.06% (-0.16099999999999 -0.16)
Both teams to score 49.34% (-0.248 -0.25)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.95% (-0.291 -0.29)56.05% (0.287 0.29)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.87% (-0.237 -0.24)77.13% (0.23399999999999 0.23)
Charlotte FC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.93% (-0.090000000000003 -0.09)27.07% (0.085999999999999 0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.56% (-0.11499999999999 -0.11)62.44% (0.113 0.11)
New York City FC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.65% (-0.258 -0.26)32.35% (0.254 0.25)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.14% (-0.292 -0.29)68.86% (0.288 0.29)
Score Analysis
    Charlotte FC 40.64%
    New York City FC 32.06%
    Draw 27.28%
Charlotte FCDrawNew York City FC
1-0 @ 11.44% (0.1 0.1)
2-1 @ 8.44% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
2-0 @ 7.48% (0.046 0.05)
3-1 @ 3.68% (-0.012 -0.01)
3-0 @ 3.26% (0.012 0.01)
3-2 @ 2.07% (-0.022 -0.02)
4-1 @ 1.2% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
4-0 @ 1.06% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.02%
Total : 40.64%
1-1 @ 12.91% (0.02 0.02)
0-0 @ 8.76% (0.096 0.1)
2-2 @ 4.76% (-0.037000000000001 -0.04)
Other @ 0.86%
Total : 27.28%
0-1 @ 9.88% (0.040000000000001 0.04)
1-2 @ 7.29% (-0.039 -0.04)
0-2 @ 5.58% (-0.016 -0.02)
1-3 @ 2.74% (-0.034 -0.03)
0-3 @ 2.1% (-0.02 -0.02)
2-3 @ 1.79% (-0.027 -0.03)
Other @ 2.69%
Total : 32.06%

How you voted: Charlotte FC vs NY City

Charlotte FC
42.9%
Draw
14.3%
New York City FC
42.9%
7
Head to Head
Jul 6, 2023 12.30am
NY City
1-1
Charlotte FC
Cufre (81')
Haak (58'), Parks (88')
Gaines (17')
Tuiloma (90+2')
Aug 18, 2022 1am
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter MiamiInter Miami105322215718
2New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls9441139416
3FC CincinnatiCincinnati9432108215
4Columbus Crew9351129314
5Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia7340149513
6Toronto9414912-313
7Atlanta UnitedAtlanta8323139411
8Charlotte FCCharlotte FC832398111
9New York City FCNY City932499011
10CF MontrealMontreal83231216-411
11DC United92431214-210
12Orlando City82331015-59
13Chicago Fire92341118-79
14Nashville SCNashville8143916-77
15New England RevolutionNew England8116514-94

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver8512179816
2Real Salt LakeSalt Lake9432158715
3Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy84311712515
4Colorado RapidsColorado94321513215
5Houston DynamoHouston841398113
6Los Angeles FCLos Angeles93331514112
7St Louis City92611514112
8Austin FCAustin93331213-112
9Sporting Kansas CityKansas92521716111
10Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd7322109111
11Portland TimbersPortland92431818010
12Seattle SoundersSeattle81349906
13Dallas8125712-55
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes81071020-103


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!