MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 08:11:41| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
FC Utrecht
Eredivisie | Gameweek 23
Feb 23, 2024 at 7pm UK
Stadion Galgenwaard
Heracles Almelo

Utrecht
1 - 0
Heracles

Jensen (79')
Toornstra (41'), Elkarouani (74'), van der Hoorn (87')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Sonnenberg (89'), Vejinovic (90+1')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Eredivisie clash between FC Utrecht and Heracles, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: FC Twente 0-1 Utrecht
Sunday, February 18 at 11.15am in Eredivisie
Last Game: PSV 2-0 Heracles
Friday, February 16 at 7pm in Eredivisie

We said: FC Utrecht 2-1 Heracles

After firing in eight goals during their last two home matches, Utrecht should be confident of securing three points against a Heracles side who struggle on their travels. Friday's visitors have lost back-to-back away contests recently, and we can envisage that run stretching to three games for Heraclieden at Stadion Galgenwaard. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a FC Utrecht win with a probability of 68.09%. A draw had a probability of 17.5% and a win for Heracles had a probability of 14.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a FC Utrecht win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.53%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.13%) and 3-1 (7.76%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.8%), while for a Heracles win it was 1-2 (4.07%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 7.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that FC Utrecht would win this match.

Result
FC UtrechtDrawHeracles
68.09% (-0.016000000000005 -0.02) 17.5% (0.0030000000000001 0) 14.4% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
Both teams to score 59.17% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
67.68% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)32.31% (-0.010999999999996 -0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
46.06% (0.011000000000003 0.01)53.93% (-0.012999999999998 -0.01)
FC Utrecht Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
91.31% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)8.69% (0.0010000000000012 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
70.08% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)29.91% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Heracles Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.8% (0.022000000000006 0.02)35.19% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.05% (0.025000000000002 0.03)71.94% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)
Score Analysis
    FC Utrecht 68.09%
    Heracles 14.4%
    Draw 17.5%
FC UtrechtDrawHeracles
2-1 @ 9.53%
2-0 @ 9.13% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-1 @ 7.76%
1-0 @ 7.47% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
3-0 @ 7.43% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-1 @ 4.74% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
4-0 @ 4.54% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
3-2 @ 4.05% (0.0019999999999998 0)
4-2 @ 2.48% (0.0019999999999998 0)
5-1 @ 2.32%
5-0 @ 2.22% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
5-2 @ 1.21% (0.00099999999999989 0)
6-1 @ 0.94% (-0.001 -0)
6-0 @ 0.9% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 3.38%
Total : 68.09%
1-1 @ 7.8%
2-2 @ 4.98% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-0 @ 3.06% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
3-3 @ 1.41% (0.002 0)
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 17.5%
1-2 @ 4.07% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-1 @ 3.19%
2-3 @ 1.73% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-2 @ 1.67% (0.0010000000000001 0)
1-3 @ 1.42% (0.002 0)
Other @ 2.32%
Total : 14.4%

How you voted: Utrecht vs Heracles

FC Utrecht
80.0%
Draw
16.0%
Heracles
4.0%
50
Head to Head
Sep 16, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 5
Heracles
1-3
Utrecht
Nankishi (62')
Limbombe (25'), Willems (60'), Vejinovic (73')
Romeny (5'), Jensen (45+6'), Bakboord (90+4' og.)
Bozdogan (34'), Fraulo (58'), Barkas (89')
Feb 11, 2022 7pm
Nov 28, 2021 1.30pm
Gameweek 13
Utrecht
1-0
Heracles
Knoester (90+3' og.)
Paes (80')

Rente (83')
Jan 16, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 17
Utrecht
2-0
Heracles
Van de Streek (31'), Dalmau (72')
van Overeem (34'), St Jago (89')

Breukers (40')
Nov 1, 2020 11.15am
Gameweek 7
Heracles
4-1
Utrecht
Vloet (2', 63', 71'), Van der Water (45+1')
Szoke (26'), Rente (61')
Gustafson (62' pen.)
Ramselaar (65')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV30263195177881
2Feyenoord30226277235472
3FC Twente30186656302660
4AZ AlkmaarAZ30167759352455
5Ajax3013986356748
6NECNijmegen301211759441547
7FC UtrechtUtrecht3012994341245
8Go Ahead Eagles30119104439542
9Sparta RotterdamSparta30117124543240
10Heerenveen30106145056-636
11Fortuna SittardSittard3098133452-1835
12Almere CityAlmere City30712113048-1833
13PEC Zwolle3088144058-1832
14Heracles3095164062-2232
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior30510154464-2025
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk3066182950-2124
17FC VolendamVolendam3047193074-4419
18Vitesse3045212268-4617


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!