MX23RW : Friday, July 1 02:29:05| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Liverpool logo
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Southampton logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
May 22, 2022 at 4pm UK at Etihad Stadium
Man City
3 - 2
Aston Villa
Gundogan (76', 81'), Rodri (78')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Cash (37'), Coutinho (69')
Mings (49'), Nakamba (87')
The Match
Match Report
Manchester City are crowned Premier League champions after coming from two goals down to beat Aston Villa 3-2 at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.
Team News
Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Sunday's Premier League clash between Manchester City and Aston Villa.
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Premier League clash between Manchester City and Aston Villa, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.
Predicted Lineups
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Manchester City could line up for Sunday's Premier League clash with Aston Villa.
Injuries & Suspensions
Sports Mole rounds up all of Manchester City's latest injury and suspension news ahead of their Premier League clash with Aston Villa.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Man City 3-2 Aston Villa
Sunday, May 22 at 4pm in Premier League
Next Game: Liverpool vs. Man City
Saturday, July 30 at 5pm in Community Shield
Last Game: Man City 3-2 Aston Villa
Sunday, May 22 at 4pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Manchester City win with a probability of 67.25%. A draw had a probability of 18.1% and a win for Aston Villa had a probability of 14.64%.

The most likely scoreline for a Manchester City win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.69%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.63%) and 1-0 (8.2%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.25%), while for an Aston Villa win it was 1-2 (4.15%). The actual scoreline of 3-2 was predicted with a 3.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Manchester City would win this match.

Result
Manchester CityDrawAston Villa
67.25% (0.0040000000000049 0) 18.11% (-0.0030000000000001 -0) 14.64% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Both teams to score 57.39% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
65.14% (0.0030000000000001 0)34.86% (-0.0039999999999978 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
43.17% (0.0049999999999955 0)56.83% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Manchester City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
90.45% (0.0010000000000048 0)9.55% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
68.01% (0.0049999999999955 0)31.99% (-0.004999999999999 -0)
Aston Villa Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
63.45%36.55%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
26.66% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)73.34%
Score Analysis
    Manchester City 67.25%
    Aston Villa 14.64%
    Draw 18.11%
Manchester CityDrawAston Villa
2-1 @ 9.69% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
2-0 @ 9.63%
1-0 @ 8.2% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-1 @ 7.59% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-0 @ 7.54% (0.00099999999999945 0)
4-1 @ 4.45% (0.0010000000000003 0)
4-0 @ 4.42% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-2 @ 3.82%
4-2 @ 2.24% (0.00099999999999989 0)
5-1 @ 2.09% (0.0010000000000003 0)
5-0 @ 2.08%
5-2 @ 1.05%
Other @ 4.46%
Total : 67.25%
1-1 @ 8.25% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
2-2 @ 4.88% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-0 @ 3.49% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-3 @ 1.28% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 18.11%
1-2 @ 4.15%
0-1 @ 3.52% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-2 @ 1.77%
2-3 @ 1.64%
1-3 @ 1.39% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 2.17%
Total : 14.64%

How you voted: Man City vs Aston Villa

Manchester City
71.6%
Draw
16.2%
Aston Villa
12.2%
296
Head to Head
Dec 1, 2021 8.15pm
Apr 21, 2021 8.15pm
Aston Villa
1-2
Man City
McGinn (1')
Cash (54')
Cash (57')
Foden (22'), Rodri (40')
Gundogan (44')
Stones (44')
Jan 20, 2021 6pm
Man City
2-0
Aston Villa
Silva (79'), Gundogan (90' pen.)

McGinn (67'), Smith (81'), Taylor (86')
Smith (81')
Build-up
Manchester City's John Stones and Ruben Dias pictured on April 26, 2022
Manchester City team news: Injury, suspension list vs. Aston Villa
Sports Mole rounds up all of Manchester City's latest injury and suspension news ahead of their Premier League clash with Aston Villa.
May 19, 08:50
Manchester City's Kyle Walker pictured on April 13, 2022
Kyle Walker, John Stones return to Manchester City training
Manchester City defenders Kyle Walker and John Stones return to training ahead of the final game of the season against Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.
May 19, 17:52
Manchester City's John Stones and Ruben Dias pictured on April 26, 2022
How Manchester City could line up against Aston Villa
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Manchester City could line up for Sunday's Premier League clash with Aston Villa.
May 20, 12:44
Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard on March 19, 2022
Aston Villa looking to end 15-year streak against Manchester City
Aston Villa will be looking to end a 15-year streak when they face Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon.
May 20, 13:32
Manchester City's Kyle Walker pictured on April 13, 2022
Pep Guardiola: 'Kyle Walker, John Stones could feature against Aston Villa'
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reveals that defenders Kyle Walker and John Stones could be in contention to play against Aston Villa on Sunday.
May 20, 14:30
Manchester City's Fernandinho celebrates scoring their fourth goal on April 30, 2022
Pep Guardiola: 'We wish Fernandinho all the best for the future'
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola pays tribute to captain Fernandinho, who will be leaving the club this summer after nine years at the Etihad Stadium.
May 20, 15:03
Manchester City's Darius Vassell in action with Aston Villa's Gareth Barry and Martin Laursen on September 16, 2007
Manchester City's head-to-head record vs. Aston Villa
Sports Mole takes a closer look at Manchester City's head-to-head Premier League record against Aston Villa ahead of Sunday's showdown at the Etihad Stadium.
May 21, 16:23
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola applauds the fans after the match on May 15, 2022
Pep Guardiola looking to surpass Wenger, Mourinho tallies with Aston Villa win
Pep Guardiola aims to become the most successful non-British manager in Premier League history as Manchester City aim to win the title against Aston Villa.
May 21, 18:29
Manchester City's Sergio Aguero celebrates scoring the winning goal against Queens Park Rangers on May 13, 2012
A look at Manchester City's record on the final day
Sports Mole takes a look at Manchester City's record in the Premier League on the final day ahead of their encounter with Aston Villa on Sunday.
May 21, 19:12

Did you know...?
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!