MX23RW : Sunday, April 14 21:25:59| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
NEC
Eredivisie | Gameweek 23
Feb 24, 2024 at 8pm UK
Sportpark De Weeren
Sparta Rotterdam logo

Nijmegen
2 - 0
Sparta

Proper (32'), Verdonk (36')
Hansen (82')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Vriends (44'), Kitolano (45'), van der Kust (77'), el Dahri (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Eredivisie clash between NEC and Sparta Rotterdam, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Ajax 2-2 Nijmegen
Sunday, February 18 at 1.30pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: Sparta 4-2 Excelsior
Saturday, February 17 at 5.45pm in Eredivisie

We said: NEC 1-0 Sparta Rotterdam

NEC's impeccable home record of late makes them huge favourites to come out on top here. We are backing the hosts to secure all three points, albeit by only a narrow margin. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a NEC win with a probability of 50.73%. A win for Sparta Rotterdam has a probability of 27.16% and a draw has a probability of 22.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a NEC win is 2-1 with a probability of 9.42%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 1-0 (7.13%) and 2-0 (6.89%). The likeliest Sparta Rotterdam win is 1-2 (6.66%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (9.75%).

Result
NECDrawSparta Rotterdam
50.73% (-0.052 -0.05) 22.11% (0.0030000000000001 0) 27.16% (0.047000000000001 0.05)
Both teams to score 63.73% (0.023000000000003 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.06% (0.015000000000001 0.02)35.94% (-0.015999999999998 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
41.97% (0.017000000000003 0.02)58.03% (-0.019999999999996 -0.02)
NEC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.53% (-0.013000000000005 -0.01)14.47% (0.011000000000001 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.56% (-0.022000000000006 -0.02)42.44% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Sparta Rotterdam Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.52% (0.036999999999992 0.04)25.48% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.68% (0.053999999999995 0.05)60.32% (-0.056000000000004 -0.06)
Score Analysis
    NEC 50.73%
    Sparta Rotterdam 27.16%
    Draw 22.11%
NECDrawSparta Rotterdam
2-1 @ 9.42% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
1-0 @ 7.13% (-0.008 -0.01)
2-0 @ 6.89% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-1 @ 6.07% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-0 @ 4.44% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
3-2 @ 4.15% (0.0010000000000003 0)
4-1 @ 2.93% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 2.15% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-2 @ 2.01%
5-1 @ 1.13% (-0.002 -0)
4-3 @ 0.91% (0.001 0)
Other @ 3.5%
Total : 50.73%
1-1 @ 9.75% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
2-2 @ 6.44% (0.0040000000000004 0)
0-0 @ 3.69% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-3 @ 1.89% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.35%
Total : 22.11%
1-2 @ 6.66% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
0-1 @ 5.04% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-2 @ 3.45% (0.0050000000000003 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.04% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.94% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
0-3 @ 1.57% (0.004 0)
1-4 @ 1.04% (0.004 0)
2-4 @ 1% (0.0029999999999999 0)
Other @ 2.43%
Total : 27.16%

How you voted: Nijmegen vs Sparta

NEC
69.2%
Draw
23.1%
Sparta Rotterdam
7.7%
13
Head to Head
Sep 1, 2023 7pm
Gameweek 4
Sparta
1-1
Nijmegen
Kitolano (81' pen.)
Verschueren (16')
Proper (56')
Nuytinck (8'), Meijer (9'), Hansen (57'), Baas (65'), Rober (67'), Rober (70')
Jan 28, 2023 7pm
Oct 16, 2022 11.15am
Gameweek 10
Sparta
2-0
Nijmegen
Abels (7'), De Guzman (29')
Mar 19, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 24
Nijmegen
0-0
Sparta
Guth (51')
de Kamps (19')
Sep 17, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 4
Sparta
1-1
Nijmegen
Mijnans (44')
Auassar (62'), Abels (73')
Okita (28')
Akman (36'), Barreto (79'), Schone (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Result
Ruud
Tsitsipas
1 4
6 6
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV30263195177881
2Feyenoord30226277235472
3FC Twente30186656302660
4AZ AlkmaarAZ30167759352455
5Ajax3013986356748
6NECNijmegen301211759441547
7FC UtrechtUtrecht3012994341245
8Go Ahead Eagles30119104439542
9Sparta RotterdamSparta30117124543240
10Heerenveen30106145056-636
11Fortuna SittardSittard3098133452-1835
12Almere CityAlmere City30712113048-1833
13PEC Zwolle3088144058-1832
14Heracles3095164062-2232
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior30510154464-2025
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk3066182950-2124
17FC VolendamVolendam3047193074-4419
18Vitesse3045212268-4617


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!