MX23RW : Wednesday, May 29 15:13:23| >> :300:86500:86500:
Augsburg logo
Leverkusen logo
Bayern logo
Dortmund logo
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Eintracht Frankfurt logo
Koln logo
Freiburg logo
Heidenheim
Hoffenheim logo
Mainz logo
Leipzig logo
SV Darmstadt
Stuttgart
Union Berlin logo
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen logo
Wolfsburg
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Bundesliga | Gameweek 29
Apr 13, 2024 at 2.30pm UK
Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK
Dortmund logo

Borussia M'bach
1 - 2
Dortmund

Wober (36')
Itakura (84')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Sabitzer (22', 28' pen.)
Maatsen (14'), Adeyemi (45+4'), Nmecha (90+4')
Adeyemi (55')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Bundesliga clash between Borussia Monchengladbach and Borussia Dortmund, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Atletico 2-1 Dortmund
Wednesday, April 10 at 8pm in Champions League

We said: Borussia Monchengladbach 2-3 Borussia Dortmund

While Dortmund will have one eye on their midweek fixture against Atletico Madrid, they cannot afford to give up any more points in the league, with a spot in next season's Champions League still hanging in the balance. Each of the last four matches between these sides have ended with six goals scored, and we are expecting another high-scoring affair here, though we feel that the visitors will be the ones to come out on top. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Borussia Monchengladbach win with a probability of 41.8%. A win for Borussia Dortmund had a probability of 35.79% and a draw had a probability of 22.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Borussia Monchengladbach win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.48%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (5.72%) and 2-0 (5.14%). The likeliest Borussia Dortmund win was 1-2 (7.79%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.44%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 7.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Borussia Dortmund would win this match.

Result
Borussia MonchengladbachDrawBorussia Dortmund
41.8% (0.13500000000001 0.14) 22.41% (-0.029999999999998 -0.03) 35.79% (-0.106 -0.11)
Both teams to score 67.41% (0.099999999999994 0.1)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
66.93% (0.137 0.14)33.06% (-0.137 -0.14)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
45.2% (0.157 0.16)54.8% (-0.158 -0.16)
Borussia Monchengladbach Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.41% (0.10899999999999 0.11)16.59% (-0.11 -0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
53.61% (0.195 0.2)46.39% (-0.197 -0.2)
Borussia Dortmund Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.81% (0.010999999999996 0.01)19.18% (-0.010999999999999 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.14% (0.020000000000003 0.02)50.86% (-0.021999999999998 -0.02)
Score Analysis
    Borussia Monchengladbach 41.8%
    Borussia Dortmund 35.79%
    Draw 22.41%
Borussia MonchengladbachDrawBorussia Dortmund
2-1 @ 8.48% (0.004999999999999 0)
1-0 @ 5.72% (-0.02 -0.02)
2-0 @ 5.14%
3-1 @ 5.08% (0.021 0.02)
3-2 @ 4.19% (0.019 0.02)
3-0 @ 3.08% (0.011 0.01)
4-1 @ 2.28% (0.017 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.88% (0.016 0.02)
4-0 @ 1.38% (0.01 0.01)
4-3 @ 1.04% (0.0090000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 3.54%
Total : 41.8%
1-1 @ 9.44% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
2-2 @ 7% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
0-0 @ 3.18% (-0.023 -0.02)
3-3 @ 2.31% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 0.48%
Total : 22.41%
1-2 @ 7.79% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-1 @ 5.25% (-0.036 -0.04)
0-2 @ 4.34% (-0.028 -0.03)
1-3 @ 4.29% (-0.010000000000001 -0.01)
2-3 @ 3.85% (0.0049999999999999 0)
0-3 @ 2.39% (-0.015 -0.02)
1-4 @ 1.77% (-0.004 -0)
2-4 @ 1.59% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-4 @ 0.99% (-0.006 -0.01)
3-4 @ 0.95% (0.005 0.01)
Other @ 2.58%
Total : 35.79%

How you voted: Borussia M'bach vs Dortmund

Borussia Monchengladbach
19.4%
Draw
13.9%
Borussia Dortmund
66.7%
36
Head to Head
Nov 25, 2023 2.30pm
Gameweek 12
Dortmund
4-2
Borussia M'bach
Sabitzer (30'), Fullkrug (32'), Bynoe-Gittens (45'), Malen (90+7')
Brandt (80')
Reitz (13'), Kone (28')
Weigl (54'), Kone (87')
May 13, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 32
Dortmund
5-2
Borussia M'bach
Malen (5'), Bellingham (18' pen.), Haller (20', 32'), Reyna (90+4')
Bensebaini (75' pen.), Stindl (85')
Bensebaini (77'), Kramer (90+4')
Nov 11, 2022 7.30pm
Gameweek 15
Borussia M'bach
4-2
Dortmund
Hofmann (4'), Bensebaini (26'), Thuram (30'), Kone (46')
Brandt (19'), Schlotterbeck (40')
Feb 20, 2022 4.30pm
Gameweek 23
Dortmund
6-0
Borussia M'bach
Reus (26', 82'), Malen (32'), Wolf (70'), Moukoko (74'), Can (90+1' pen.)
Zagadou (12'), Dahoud (35')

Bensebaini (14')
Sep 25, 2021 5.30pm
Gameweek 6
Borussia M'bach
1-0
Dortmund
Zakaria (37')
Zakaria (13'), Stindl (33'), Netz (45+2'), Kone (59')

Dahoud (10'), Pongracic (35'), Bellingham (85')
Dahoud (40')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CBayer LeverkusenB. Leverkusen34286089246590
2Stuttgart34234778393973
3Bayern MunichBayern34233894454972
4RB Leipzig34198777393865
5Borussia DortmundDortmund34189768432563
6Eintracht FrankfurtFrankfurt34111495150147
7Hoffenheim34137146666046
8Heidenheim341012125055-542
9Werder Bremen34119144854-642
10Freiburg34119144558-1342
11Augsburg34109155060-1039
12Wolfsburg34107174156-1537
13Mainz 05Mainz34714133951-1235
14Borussia MonchengladbachBorussia M'bach34713145667-1134
15Union BerlinUnion Berlin3496193358-2533
16VfL BochumVfL Bochum34712154274-3233
RFC Koln34512172860-3227
RSV Darmstadt 98Darmstadt3438233086-5617


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!