MX23RW : Thursday, June 13 14:32:27| >> :600:12010835:12010835:
Benfica
Taca da Liga | Semi-Finals
Jan 24, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Estadio Dr. Magalhaes Pessoa
Estoril

Benfica
1 - 1
Estoril

Otamendi (58')
Schmidt (45'), Mario (62'), Morato (77'), Gouveia (89'), Fernandes (90+1')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Guitane (16')
Kokcu (45+2'), Pina (45+2'), Mangala (67')
Estoril win 5-4 on penalties

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Taca da Liga clash between Benfica and Estoril Praia, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Benfica 2-0 Boavista
Friday, January 19 at 8.15pm in Primeira Liga
Last Game: Estoril 1-2 Arouca
Saturday, January 20 at 3.30pm in Primeira Liga

We said: Benfica 2-0 Estoril Praia

Estoril Praia are in for a tough 90 minutes against a high-flying Benfica side who have been near-perfect in recent weeks. Schmidt's men have been imperious in the history of this fixture and we fancy them to claim a comfortable victory once again. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Benfica win with a probability of 80.55%. A draw had a probability of 12.2% and a win for Estoril Praia had a probability of 7.24%.

The most likely scoreline for a Benfica win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.12%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-0 (9.97%) and 2-1 (8.2%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (5.55%), while for a Estoril Praia win it was 1-2 (2.25%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 5.5% likelihood.

Result
BenficaDrawEstoril Praia
80.55% (-0.090000000000003 -0.09) 12.21% (0.093 0.09) 7.24% (0.0010000000000003 0)
Both teams to score 52.6% (-0.466 -0.47)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
72.52% (-0.526 -0.53)27.48% (0.527 0.53)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
51.9% (-0.663 -0.66)48.1% (0.666 0.67)
Benfica Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
94.79% (-0.114 -0.11)5.21% (0.1169 0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
79.39% (-0.346 -0.35)20.61% (0.349 0.35)
Estoril Praia Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.49% (-0.423 -0.42)44.51% (0.427 0.43)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.46% (-0.344 -0.34)80.54% (0.348 0.35)
Score Analysis
    Benfica 80.55%
    Estoril Praia 7.24%
    Draw 12.21%
BenficaDrawEstoril Praia
2-0 @ 10.12% (0.168 0.17)
3-0 @ 9.97% (0.093 0.09)
2-1 @ 8.2% (0.043000000000001 0.04)
3-1 @ 8.07% (-0.02 -0.02)
4-0 @ 7.36% (0.012 0.01)
1-0 @ 6.85% (0.168 0.17)
4-1 @ 5.96% (-0.061 -0.06)
5-0 @ 4.35% (-0.026 -0.03)
5-1 @ 3.52% (-0.063 -0.06)
3-2 @ 3.27% (-0.047 -0.05)
4-2 @ 2.41% (-0.054 -0.05)
6-0 @ 2.14% (-0.03 -0.03)
6-1 @ 1.73% (-0.045 -0.04)
5-2 @ 1.43% (-0.043 -0.04)
7-0 @ 0.9% (-0.019 -0.02)
Other @ 4.27%
Total : 80.55%
1-1 @ 5.55% (0.071 0.07)
2-2 @ 3.32% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-0 @ 2.32% (0.074 0.07)
Other @ 1.03%
Total : 12.21%
1-2 @ 2.25% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-1 @ 1.88% (0.038 0.04)
Other @ 3.11%
Total : 7.24%

How you voted: Benfica vs Estoril

Benfica
90.9%
Draw
3.0%
Estoril Praia
6.1%
33
Head to Head
Oct 7, 2023 8.30pm
Gameweek 8
Estoril
0-1
Benfica

Cassiano (41'), Tavares (62'), Fernandes (71')
Silva (90+3')
Chiquinho (49'), Silva (61')
Apr 23, 2023 6pm
Nov 9, 2022 8.45pm
Fourth Round
Estoril
0-1
Benfica
Neres (66')
Nov 6, 2022 8.30pm
Gameweek 12
Estoril
1-5
Benfica
Serginho (90+1')
Musa (25'), Silva (30', 40'), Mario (67'), Ristic (89')
Mar 20, 2022 6pm
Gameweek 27
Benfica
2-1
Estoril
Silva (34'), Ramos (53')
Weigl (29')
Franco (90+3')
Acevedo (10'), Joaozinho (81')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Friday, June 14
 
8pm
Saturday, June 15
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany00000
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Scotland flag Scotland00000
4 Switzerland Switzerland00000

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!