MX23RW : Tuesday, June 28 13:58:38| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Liverpool logo
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Southampton logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
May 17, 2022 at 7.45pm UK at St Mary's Stadium
Southampton
1 - 2
Liverpool
Redmond (13')
Tella (69'), Stephens (74')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Minamino (27'), Matip (67')
The Match
Team News
Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Tuesday's Premier League clash between Southampton and Liverpool.
Preview
Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Premier League clash between Southampton and Liverpool, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.
Predicted Lineups
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Liverpool could line up for Tuesday's Premier League clash with Southampton.
Injuries & Suspensions
Sports Mole rounds up all of Liverpool's latest injury and suspension news ahead of Tuesday's Premier League clash with Southampton.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Leicester 4-1 Southampton
Sunday, May 22 at 4pm in Premier League
Last Game: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid
Saturday, May 28 at 8.36pm in Champions League
Next Game: Liverpool vs. Man City
Saturday, July 30 at 5pm in Community Shield

We said: Southampton 0-2 Liverpool

Southampton are certainly ending the season with a whimper but possess fond memories from their last South coast battle with Liverpool, who should be far from full strength for this one. However, Hasenhuttl's side are hardly full of confidence right now, and if Liverpool can actually hit the target this week, Klopp's rotated side will expect to cruise to victory and keep their title hopes alive regardless. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Liverpool win with a probability of 70.36%. A draw had a probability of 17.7% and a win for Southampton had a probability of 11.94%.

The most likely scoreline for a Liverpool win was 0-2 with a probability of 11.58%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (10.1%) and 1-2 (9.6%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.37%), while for a Southampton win it was 1-0 (3.65%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 9.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Liverpool would win this match.

Result
SouthamptonDrawLiverpool
11.94% (0.105 0.1) 17.7% (0.175 0.18) 70.36% (-0.277 -0.28)
Both teams to score 50.65% (-0.297 -0.3)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.38% (-0.556 -0.56)39.62% (0.557 0.56)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.03% (-0.58000000000001 -0.58)61.97% (0.581 0.58)
Southampton Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
56.33% (-0.19600000000001 -0.2)43.67% (0.196 0.2)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
20.15% (-0.161 -0.16)79.85% (0.16199999999999 0.16)
Liverpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
89.92% (-0.214 -0.21)10.08% (0.215 0.22)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
66.79% (-0.49499999999999 -0.49)33.21% (0.496 0.5)
Score Analysis
    Southampton 11.94%
    Liverpool 70.36%
    Draw 17.7%
SouthamptonDrawLiverpool
1-0 @ 3.65% (0.074 0.07)
2-1 @ 3.47% (0.02 0.02)
2-0 @ 1.51% (0.023 0.02)
3-2 @ 1.1% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
3-1 @ 0.96% (0.001 0)
Other @ 1.26%
Total : 11.94%
1-1 @ 8.37% (0.093999999999999 0.09)
0-0 @ 4.4% (0.114 0.11)
2-2 @ 3.98% (-0.014 -0.01)
Other @ 0.95%
Total : 17.7%
0-2 @ 11.58% (0.08 0.08)
0-1 @ 10.1% (0.167 0.17)
1-2 @ 9.6% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
0-3 @ 8.86% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
1-3 @ 7.34% (-0.055 -0.05)
0-4 @ 5.08% (-0.058000000000001 -0.06)
1-4 @ 4.21% (-0.071 -0.07)
2-3 @ 3.04% (-0.04 -0.04)
0-5 @ 2.33% (-0.049 -0.05)
1-5 @ 1.93% (-0.052 -0.05)
2-4 @ 1.75% (-0.039 -0.04)
Other @ 4.52%
Total : 70.36%

How you voted: Southampton vs Liverpool

Southampton
14.8%
Draw
9.2%
Liverpool
76.0%
379
Head to Head
Nov 27, 2021 3pm
May 8, 2021 8.15pm
Jan 4, 2021 8pm

Did you know...?
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Club Friendlies 1
Copa Libertadores
Copa Sudamericana
Argentine Primera Division
Chinese Super League
European Under-19s Championship
European Under-19s Championship
Tables

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!