MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 18:51:35| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Burnley logo
Premier League | Gameweek 38
May 19, 2024 at 4pm UK
Turf Moor
Nottingham Forest logo

Burnley
1 - 2
Nott'm Forest

Cullen (72')
Esteve (65')
FT(HT: 0-2)
Wood (2', 14')

The Match

Match Report

Nottingham Forest confirm their spot as a Premier League club for next season courtesy of a 2-1 victory over Burnley in Sunday afternoon's clash at Turf Moor.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Premier League clash between Burnley and Nottingham Forest, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Spurs 2-1 Burnley
Saturday, May 11 at 3pm in Premier League
Last Game: Nott'm Forest 2-3 Chelsea
Saturday, May 11 at 5.30pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Nottingham Forest win with a probability of 38.74%. A win for Burnley had a probability of 37.37% and a draw had a probability of 23.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Nottingham Forest win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.48%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (7.1%) and 0-2 (5.54%). The likeliest Burnley win was 2-1 (8.3%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.85%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted a 1-2 win for Nottingham Forest in this match.

Result
BurnleyDrawNottingham Forest
37.37% (-1.188 -1.19) 23.89% (0.466 0.47) 38.74% (0.723 0.72)
Both teams to score 61.89% (-1.805 -1.81)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
59.68% (-2.33 -2.33)40.32% (2.333 2.33)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.31% (-2.445 -2.45)62.69% (2.447 2.45)
Burnley Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.34% (-1.603 -1.6)21.66% (1.605 1.61)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
45.2% (-2.512 -2.51)54.8% (2.515 2.52)
Nottingham Forest Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.01% (-0.672 -0.67)20.99% (0.675 0.67)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.24% (-1.062 -1.06)53.76% (1.065 1.07)
Score Analysis
    Burnley 37.37%
    Nottingham Forest 38.74%
    Draw 23.88%
BurnleyDrawNottingham Forest
2-1 @ 8.3% (-0.077 -0.08)
1-0 @ 6.96% (0.408 0.41)
2-0 @ 5.32% (0.06 0.06)
3-1 @ 4.23% (-0.254 -0.25)
3-2 @ 3.31% (-0.271 -0.27)
3-0 @ 2.71% (-0.104 -0.1)
4-1 @ 1.62% (-0.184 -0.18)
4-2 @ 1.26% (-0.172 -0.17)
4-0 @ 1.04% (-0.094 -0.09)
Other @ 2.62%
Total : 37.37%
1-1 @ 10.85% (0.42 0.42)
2-2 @ 6.48% (-0.197 -0.2)
0-0 @ 4.55% (0.472 0.47)
3-3 @ 1.72% (-0.18 -0.18)
Other @ 0.28%
Total : 23.88%
1-2 @ 8.48% (0.16 0.16)
0-1 @ 7.1% (0.604 0.6)
0-2 @ 5.54% (0.365 0.37)
1-3 @ 4.41% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
2-3 @ 3.37% (-0.175 -0.18)
0-3 @ 2.88% (0.135 0.14)
1-4 @ 1.72% (-0.039 -0.04)
2-4 @ 1.32% (-0.098 -0.1)
0-4 @ 1.13% (0.03 0.03)
Other @ 2.79%
Total : 38.74%

How you voted: Burnley vs Nott'm Forest

Burnley
22.8%
Draw
27.5%
Nottingham Forest
49.7%
149
Head to Head
Sep 18, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 5
Nott'm Forest
1-1
Burnley
Hudson-Odoi (61')
Mangala (32'), Montiel (34')
Amdouni (41')
Trafford (11'), Roberts (90+5'), Cullen (90+9')
Foster (90+4')
Aug 30, 2023 7.45pm
Second Round
Nott'm Forest
0-1
Burnley

Kouyate (45+3'), Johnson (85'), Aurier (86')
Amdouni (90')
Ekdal (52'), Brownhill (66'), Muric (90+6'), Berge (90+7')
Jul 29, 2017 3pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Nott'm Forest
1-1
Burnley
Murphy (33')
Gray (57')
Feb 23, 2016 7.45pm
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 22
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!