MX23RW : Monday, May 20 16:06:16| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Chaves
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Portimonense
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Vizela
Benfica
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 29
Apr 14, 2024 at 8.30pm UK
Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Moreirense

Benfica
3 - 0
Moreirense

Kokcu (18'), Araujo (45+1'), Rollheiser (78')
Fernandez (61'), Rollheiser (87')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Ramos (90+4')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Primeira Liga clash between Benfica and Moreirense, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Benfica 2-1 Marseille
Thursday, April 11 at 8pm in Europa League
Last Game: Moreirense 2-2 Estrela Amadora
Sunday, April 7 at 6pm in Primeira Liga

We said: Benfica 2-1 Moreirense

Benfica will be coming into this one looking to bounce back after a disappointing stoppage-time defeat to title rivals Sporting Lisbon, and they are yet to lose at home this season. Moreirense have performed well against Benfica in recent matchups, drawing all of the last three meetings, but they have failed to win this match since 2018. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Benfica win with a probability of 71.67%. A draw had a probability of 17.1% and a win for Moreirense had a probability of 11.23%.

The most likely scoreline for a Benfica win was 2-0 with a probability of 11.67%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.94%) and 2-1 (9.5%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.09%), while for a Moreirense win it was 0-1 (3.44%). The actual scoreline of 3-0 was predicted with a 9.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Benfica would win this match.

Result
BenficaDrawMoreirense
71.67% (-0.68899999999999 -0.69) 17.1% (0.27 0.27) 11.23% (0.42 0.42)
Both teams to score 50.36% (0.532 0.53)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.23% (-0.077999999999996 -0.08)38.77% (0.079000000000001 0.08)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.92% (-0.082999999999998 -0.08)61.08% (0.083999999999996 0.08)
Benfica Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
90.46% (-0.18300000000001 -0.18)9.54% (0.184 0.18)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
68.04% (-0.431 -0.43)31.96% (0.432 0.43)
Moreirense Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.67% (0.702 0.7)44.33% (-0.7 -0.7)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.61% (0.565 0.57)80.39% (-0.562 -0.56)
Score Analysis
    Benfica 71.66%
    Moreirense 11.23%
    Draw 17.1%
BenficaDrawMoreirense
2-0 @ 11.67% (-0.15 -0.15)
1-0 @ 9.94% (-0.045 -0.04)
2-1 @ 9.5% (0.064 0.06)
3-0 @ 9.14% (-0.193 -0.19)
3-1 @ 7.44% (-0.011 -0.01)
4-0 @ 5.37% (-0.159 -0.16)
4-1 @ 4.37% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
3-2 @ 3.03% (0.053 0.05)
5-0 @ 2.52% (-0.096 -0.1)
5-1 @ 2.05% (-0.037 -0.04)
4-2 @ 1.78% (0.017 0.02)
6-0 @ 0.99% (-0.046 -0.05)
Other @ 3.87%
Total : 71.66%
1-1 @ 8.09% (0.12 0.12)
0-0 @ 4.23% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
2-2 @ 3.86% (0.1 0.1)
Other @ 0.93%
Total : 17.1%
0-1 @ 3.44% (0.079 0.08)
1-2 @ 3.29% (0.111 0.11)
0-2 @ 1.4% (0.059 0.06)
2-3 @ 1.05% (0.047 0.05)
Other @ 2.05%
Total : 11.23%

How you voted: Benfica vs Moreirense

Benfica
75.0%
Draw
17.9%
Moreirense
7.1%
28
Head to Head
Dec 3, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 12
Moreirense
0-0
Benfica
Ramos (23'), de Brito Gonzaga (45+4'), Franco (46'), Marcelo (50')
Kokcu (79')
Dec 17, 2022 7pm
Group Stage
Moreirense
1-1
Benfica
Luis (25' pen.)
Ramos (43')
Jan 15, 2022 6pm
Gameweek 18
Benfica
1-1
Moreirense
Nunez (65')
Silva (55'), Otamendi (86'), Grimaldo (90+6')
Gilberto (61' og.)
Pacheco (40'), Martins (45+1'), Paulinho (72'), Jorge (89'), Kewin (90+6')
Aug 7, 2021 6pm
Gameweek 1
Moreirense
1-2
Benfica
Martins (30')
Soares (36'), Pires (69'), Jorge (75'), Pacheco (90+3')
Verissimo (9'), Waldschmidt (19')
Taarabt (33'), Weigl (60'), Meite (81'), Silva (90+8')
Goncalves (56')
Feb 14, 2021 8.15pm
Gameweek 19
Moreirense
1-1
Benfica
Yan (40' pen.)
Ba (58'), Pacheco (70')
Seferovic (25')
Grimaldo (38'), Weigl (65'), Otamendi (73')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CSporting Lisbon34293296296790
2Benfica34255477284980
3Porto34226663273672
4Braga34215871502168
5Vitoria de GuimaraesGuimaraes34196952381463
6MoreirenseMoreirense34167113635155
7AroucaArouca34137145450446
8FamalicaoFamalicao341012123741-442
9Casa Pia34108163850-1238
10SC FarenseFarense34107174651-537
11Rio AveRio Ave3461993843-537
12Gil Vicente3499164252-1036
13Estoril PraiaEstoril3496194958-933
14Estrela Amadora34712153353-2033
15BoavistaBoavista34711163962-2332
16PortimonensePortimonense3488183972-3332
RVizela34511183666-3026
RChavesChaves3458213172-4123


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!