MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 13:28:30| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Sheffield United logo
Premier League | Gameweek 16
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
Bramall Lane
Brentford logo
Sheff Utd
1 - 0
Brentford
McAtee (45+1')
Trusty (17'), Osula (51'), Bogle (82'), Robinson (90+1'), Foderingham (90+2')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Onyeka (29')
The Match
Match Report
Sheffield United claim their first victory of the second Chris Wilder era with a merited 1-0 triumph over a lacklustre Brentford team at Bramall Lane.
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Sheffield United and Brentford, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sheff Utd 0-2 Liverpool
Wednesday, December 6 at 7.30pm in Premier League
Last Game: Brighton 2-1 Brentford
Wednesday, December 6 at 7.30pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Brentford win with a probability of 44.02%. A win for Sheffield United had a probability of 31.28% and a draw had a probability of 24.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Brentford win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.12%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (9.01%) and 0-2 (7.08%). The likeliest Sheffield United win was 2-1 (7.47%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.59%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 7.4% likelihood.

Result
Sheffield UnitedDrawBrentford
31.28% (0.010000000000002 0.01) 24.69% (0.004999999999999 0) 44.02% (-0.013999999999996 -0.01)
Both teams to score 57.37% (-0.009999999999998 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.46% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)45.53% (0.015999999999998 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.14% (-0.012999999999998 -0.01)67.86% (0.013999999999996 0.01)
Sheffield United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.41%27.59% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.88% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)63.12% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Brentford Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.24% (-0.012 -0.01)20.76% (0.010999999999999 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.6% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)53.4% (0.018999999999998 0.02)
Score Analysis
    Sheffield United 31.28%
    Brentford 44.03%
    Draw 24.69%
Sheffield UnitedDrawBrentford
2-1 @ 7.47% (0.00099999999999945 0)
1-0 @ 7.38% (0.0049999999999999 0)
2-0 @ 4.75% (0.0029999999999992 0)
3-1 @ 3.2%
3-2 @ 2.52%
3-0 @ 2.04% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 1.03%
Other @ 2.9%
Total : 31.28%
1-1 @ 11.59%
2-2 @ 5.87% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-0 @ 5.73% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-3 @ 1.32% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 24.69%
1-2 @ 9.12% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
0-1 @ 9.01% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-2 @ 7.08% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-3 @ 4.78% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-3 @ 3.71% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
2-3 @ 3.08% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-4 @ 1.88% (-0.002 -0)
0-4 @ 1.46% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
2-4 @ 1.21% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 2.72%
Total : 44.03%

How you voted: Sheff Utd vs Brentford

Sheffield United
27.4%
Draw
17.9%
Brentford
54.8%
84
Head to Head
Mar 12, 2019 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Sheff Utd
2-0
Brentford
Norwood (26' pen.), McGoldrick (84')
Basham (20')
Madine (35')
Nov 27, 2018 7.45pm
Gameweek 19
Brentford
2-3
Sheff Utd
Maupay (6'), Fleck (65' og.)
McEachran (69')
Konsa (10' og.), Norwood (15'), Clarke (72')
Basham (17')
Mar 30, 2018 3pm
Brentford
1-1
Sheff Utd
Mepham (68')
Woods (69')
Basham (55')
Basham (50'), Stevens (60')
Blackman (69')
Aug 5, 2017 3pm
Apr 1, 2014 7.45pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham2510693644-836
10Chelsea25105104241135
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves25105103940-135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Brentford2574143544-925
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
17Everton2687112834-621
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2534182265-4313

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!