MX23RW : Friday, March 1 01:42:07| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Burnley logo
Premier League | Gameweek 14
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Turf Moor
Sheffield United logo
Burnley
5 - 0
Sheff Utd
Rodriguez (1'), Bruun Larsen (29'), Amdouni (73'), Koleosho (75'), Brownhill (80')
Kompany (35'), O'Shea (38'), Beyer (67')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Fleck (34'), McBurnie (37'), Thomas (43'), Osula (64'), Ahmedhodzic (72'), Hamer (72')
McBurnie (45+1')
The Match
Match Report
Burnley move off the bottom of the Premier League table courtesy of a 5-0 victory over 10-man Sheffield United at Turf Moor on Saturday afternoon.
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Burnley and Sheffield United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Burnley 1-2 West Ham
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Premier League
Last Game: Sheff Utd 1-3 Bournemouth
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Burnley win with a probability of 52.68%. A win for Sheffield United had a probability of 24.31% and a draw had a probability of 23%.

The most likely scoreline for a Burnley win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.75%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.23%) and 2-0 (8.39%). The likeliest Sheffield United win was 1-2 (6.24%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.73%). The actual scoreline of 5-0 was predicted with a 0.8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Burnley would win this match.

Result
BurnleyDrawSheffield United
52.68% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01) 23.01% (-0.004999999999999 -0) 24.31% (0.013000000000002 0.01)
Both teams to score 57.57% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.23% (0.033999999999999 0.03)42.77% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.82% (0.033000000000001 0.03)65.17% (-0.030999999999992 -0.03)
Burnley Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.75% (0.010000000000005 0.01)16.25% (-0.0070000000000014 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
54.22% (0.017000000000003 0.02)45.78% (-0.013000000000005 -0.01)
Sheffield United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.74% (0.030000000000001 0.03)31.26% (-0.026999999999997 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.39% (0.035000000000004 0.04)67.61% (-0.031999999999996 -0.03)
Score Analysis
    Burnley 52.68%
    Sheffield United 24.31%
    Draw 23%
BurnleyDrawSheffield United
2-1 @ 9.75% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
1-0 @ 9.23% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-0 @ 8.39% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-1 @ 5.91% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-0 @ 5.08% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-2 @ 3.43% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-1 @ 2.68% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-0 @ 2.31%
4-2 @ 1.56% (0.002 0)
5-1 @ 0.98% (0.001 0)
Other @ 3.38%
Total : 52.68%
1-1 @ 10.73%
2-2 @ 5.67% (0.0039999999999996 0)
0-0 @ 5.08% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.33% (0.002 0)
Other @ 0.19%
Total : 23%
1-2 @ 6.24% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-1 @ 5.91% (-0.0029999999999992 -0)
0-2 @ 3.44%
1-3 @ 2.42% (0.0020000000000002 0)
2-3 @ 2.2% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-3 @ 1.33% (0.002 0)
Other @ 2.78%
Total : 24.31%

How you voted: Burnley vs Sheff Utd

Burnley
50.7%
Draw
28.2%
Sheffield United
21.1%
71
Head to Head
Apr 10, 2023 8pm
Nov 5, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 20
Sheff Utd
5-2
Burnley
Ndiaye (30'), McBurnie (48', 74'), Robinson (64'), Ahmedhodzic (69')
Benson (17', 45')
May 23, 2021 4pm
Gameweek 38
Sheff Utd
1-0
Burnley
McGoldrick (24')
Baldock (21'), Fleck (38'), Basham (65')

Dunne (88')
Dec 29, 2020 6pm
Gameweek 16
Burnley
1-0
Sheff Utd
Mee (32')
Lowton (45+2')

Stevens (72'), Burke (90+1')
Sep 17, 2020 5.30pm
Second Round
Burnley
1-1
Sheff Utd
Burnley win 5-4 on penalties
Vydra (67')
McGoldrick (4')
Jagielka (68'), Ampadu (81')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham2611694046-639
9Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
10Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Everton2687112834-625
16Brentford2674153748-1125
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!