MX23RW : Friday, March 1 17:09:46| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Brentford logo
Premier League | Gameweek 14
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Brentford Community Stadium
Luton Town
Brentford
3 - 1
Luton
Maupay (49'), Mee (56'), Baptiste (81')
Norgaard (81')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Brown (76')
Kaminski (38'), Chong (50')
The Match
Match Report
Brentford snap a two-game losing run in the Premier League with a 3-1 victory over Luton Town at the Gtech Community Stadium.
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Brentford and Luton Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Brentford 0-1 Arsenal
Saturday, November 25 at 5.30pm in Premier League
Last Game: Luton 2-1 Crystal Palace
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Brentford win with a probability of 45.27%. A win for Luton Town had a probability of 29.14% and a draw had a probability of 25.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Brentford win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.54%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.15%) and 2-0 (7.93%). The likeliest Luton Town win was 0-1 (8.09%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.16%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 4.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Brentford would win this match.

Result
BrentfordDrawLuton Town
45.27% (0.098999999999997 0.1) 25.59% (0.0040000000000013 0) 29.14% (-0.102 -0.1)
Both teams to score 53.24% (-0.079000000000001 -0.08)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
49.59% (-0.073999999999998 -0.07)50.41% (0.076000000000001 0.08)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
27.65% (-0.065000000000001 -0.07)72.34% (0.066000000000003 0.07)
Brentford Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.76% (0.015000000000001 0.02)22.24% (-0.013000000000002 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.33% (0.021000000000001 0.02)55.67% (-0.019000000000005 -0.02)
Luton Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.46% (-0.113 -0.11)31.54% (0.115 0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.07% (-0.13200000000001 -0.13)67.93% (0.133 0.13)
Score Analysis
    Brentford 45.27%
    Luton Town 29.14%
    Draw 25.58%
BrentfordDrawLuton Town
1-0 @ 10.54% (0.039999999999999 0.04)
2-1 @ 9.15% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
2-0 @ 7.93% (0.031000000000001 0.03)
3-1 @ 4.58% (0.0049999999999999 0)
3-0 @ 3.97% (0.017 0.02)
3-2 @ 2.65% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-1 @ 1.72% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-0 @ 1.49% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
4-2 @ 0.99% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.25%
Total : 45.27%
1-1 @ 12.16%
0-0 @ 7.01% (0.021 0.02)
2-2 @ 5.28% (-0.013 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.02% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 0.12%
Total : 25.58%
0-1 @ 8.09% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-2 @ 7.02% (-0.02 -0.02)
0-2 @ 4.67% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
1-3 @ 2.7% (-0.017 -0.02)
2-3 @ 2.03% (-0.011 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.8% (-0.012 -0.01)
Other @ 2.83%
Total : 29.14%

How you voted: Brentford vs Luton

Brentford
80.8%
Draw
14.1%
Luton Town
5.1%
99
Head to Head
Jan 20, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 25
Brentford
1-0
Luton
Ghoddos (14')
Mbeumo (32'), Toney (81'), Toney (90+5')
Toney (90+5')

Bradley (39')
Lockyer (90+5')
Oct 31, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 9
Luton
0-3
Brentford

Hylton (54')
Henry (20'), Toney (29'), Forss (76')
Janelt (90')
Feb 25, 2020 7.45pm
Nov 30, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 19
Brentford
7-0
Luton
Mbeumo (6'), Watkins (29'), Jensen (33'), Dasilva (40', 45', 87' pen.), Benrahma (71' pen.)
Jul 28, 2015 7.45pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Luton
2-1
Brentford
Wilkinson (40'), Zola (78')
Hofmann (44')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham2611694046-639
9Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
10Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Everton2687112834-625
16Brentford2674153748-1125
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!