MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 03:09:20| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Marseille
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 10
Dec 6, 2023 at 8pm UK
Stade Velodrome
Lyon
Marseille
3 - 0
Lyon
Oliveira (21'), Murillo (25'), Aubameyang (55')
Ounahi (49')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Lovren (21'), Diawara (87')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Marseille and Lyon, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Marseille 2-0 Rennes
Sunday, December 3 at 7.45pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Lens 3-2 Lyon
Saturday, December 2 at 4pm in Ligue 1

We said: Marseille 3-1 Lyon

Lyon's winless run in Ligue 1 could continue against a Marseille side currently playing at a higher level and with a strong record at the Velodrome. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Marseille win with a probability of 57.42%. A draw had a probability of 22% and a win for Lyon had a probability of 20.57%.

The most likely scoreline for a Marseille win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.92%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.71%) and 2-0 (9.34%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.31%), while for a Lyon win it was 1-2 (5.48%). The actual scoreline of 3-0 was predicted with a 6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Marseille would win this match.

Result
MarseilleDrawLyon
57.42% (0.022999999999996 0.02) 22% (-0.010999999999999 -0.01) 20.57% (-0.013999999999999 -0.01)
Both teams to score 55.89% (0.0079999999999956 0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.38% (0.021000000000001 0.02)42.62% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.98% (0.021000000000001 0.02)65.02% (-0.022999999999996 -0.02)
Marseille Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.39% (0.01400000000001 0.01)14.61% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.29% (0.027999999999999 0.03)42.7% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
Lyon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.46% (-0.00099999999999056 -0)34.54% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.74%71.26% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)
Score Analysis
    Marseille 57.42%
    Lyon 20.57%
    Draw 21.99%
MarseilleDrawLyon
2-1 @ 9.92% (0.00099999999999945 0)
1-0 @ 9.71% (-0.0050000000000008 -0.01)
2-0 @ 9.34%
3-1 @ 6.36% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-0 @ 5.99% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-2 @ 3.38% (0.0020000000000002 0)
4-1 @ 3.06% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-0 @ 2.88% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-2 @ 1.63% (0.002 0)
5-1 @ 1.18% (0.002 0)
5-0 @ 1.11% (0.002 0)
Other @ 2.88%
Total : 57.42%
1-1 @ 10.31% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-2 @ 5.27%
0-0 @ 5.05% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.2%
Other @ 0.17%
Total : 21.99%
1-2 @ 5.48% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-1 @ 5.36% (-0.0059999999999993 -0.01)
0-2 @ 2.85% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
1-3 @ 1.94% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
2-3 @ 1.87%
0-3 @ 1.01% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 2.05%
Total : 20.57%

How you voted: Marseille vs Lyon

Marseille
89.1%
Draw
7.8%
Lyon
3.1%
129
Head to Head
Apr 23, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 32
Lyon
1-2
Marseille
Lacazette (68')
Under (44'), Gusto (90+2' og.)
Nov 6, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 14
Marseille
1-0
Lyon
Gigot (43')
May 1, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 35
Marseille
0-3
Lyon

Sampaoli (28'), Lopez (57'), Gueye (71')
Lukeba (55'), Dembele (76'), Toko Ekambi (88')
Dembele (60')
Feb 1, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 14
Lyon
2-1
Marseille
Shaqiri (76'), Dembele (89')
Guendouzi (10')
Feb 28, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 27
Marseille
1-1
Lyon
Milik (44' pen.)
Kamara (64'), Payet (78'), Gonzalez (81'), Gueye (90+5')
Toko Ekambi (21')
Paqueta (42'), Mendes (78'), Depay (81')
Paqueta (71')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG22165153183553
2Brest22117431181340
3Nice2211652215739
4Lille22108432171538
5MonacoMonaco2211564132938
6Lens2210662821736
7Rennes229763426834
8Reims229492830-231
9Marseille227962924530
10Lyon2384112535-1028
11StrasbourgStrasbourg226792332-925
12Le HavreLe Havre225982328-524
13Toulouse225892230-823
14Montpellier HSCMontpellier225892427-322
15Lorient2257103143-1222
16NantesNantes2264122234-1222
17Metz2345141937-1817
18Clermont2237121636-2016

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!