MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 01:45:49| >> :120:14875:14875:
Marseille
Europa League | Group Stage
Nov 30, 2023 at 8pm UK
Stade Velodrome
Ajax
Marseille
4 - 3
Ajax
Aubameyang (9' pen., 47', 90+3' pen.), Mbemba (26')
Lodi (69'), Sarr (90')
FT(HT: 2-2)
Brobbey (10', 30'), Akpom (79')
Taylor (71'), Hlynsson (76'), Rensch (90+3'), Hato (90+8')
Berghuis (63')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Thursday's Europa League clash between Marseille and Ajax, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Ajax 5-0 Vitesse
Saturday, November 25 at 8pm in Eredivisie

We said: Marseille 2-1 Ajax

Considering a total of 21 goals have been scored in the last six meetings between these two teams, including three apiece in their most recent clash two months ago, another enthralling encounter with plenty of goalmouth action could on the cards on Thursday. Both sides have experienced inconsistent spells of form in recent weeks, but when taking into account Marseille's solid home form and Ajax's poor away record, we believe that the hosts will come out on top to secure their place in the Europa League knockout rounds, eliminating their Dutch counterparts in the process. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Marseille win with a probability of 40.74%. A win for Ajax had a probability of 36.57% and a draw had a probability of 22.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Marseille win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.45%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (5.92%) and 2-0 (5.15%). The likeliest Ajax win was 1-2 (7.97%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.71%). The actual scoreline of 4-3 was predicted with a 1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Marseille would win this match.

Result
MarseilleDrawAjax
40.74%22.69%36.57% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Both teams to score 66.47% (-0.0049999999999955 -0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
65.66% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)34.34% (0.0020000000000024 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
43.76% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)56.24%
Marseille Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.46% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)17.54% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
51.93% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)48.07% (-0.0039999999999978 -0)
Ajax Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.61% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)19.39% (0.0019999999999989 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.81% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)51.19% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Score Analysis
    Marseille 40.74%
    Ajax 36.57%
    Draw 22.69%
MarseilleDrawAjax
2-1 @ 8.45% (0.00099999999999945 0)
1-0 @ 5.92% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-0 @ 5.15% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-1 @ 4.9%
3-2 @ 4.02%
3-0 @ 2.99%
4-1 @ 2.13%
4-2 @ 1.75%
4-0 @ 1.3%
4-3 @ 0.96% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 3.16%
Total : 40.74%
1-1 @ 9.71%
2-2 @ 6.93%
0-0 @ 3.4%
3-3 @ 2.2%
Other @ 0.44%
Total : 22.69%
1-2 @ 7.97% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-1 @ 5.58%
0-2 @ 4.58%
1-3 @ 4.36% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
2-3 @ 3.79% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 2.5% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-4 @ 1.79%
2-4 @ 1.56%
0-4 @ 1.03% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-4 @ 0.9% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 2.53%
Total : 36.57%

How you voted: Marseille vs Ajax

Marseille
60.7%
Draw
21.3%
Ajax
18.0%
89
Head to Head
Sep 21, 2023 8pm
Group Stage
Ajax
3-3
Marseille
Borges (9'), Berghuis (20'), Taylor (52')
Berghuis (22'), Vos (55')
Vos (90+1')
Clauss (23'), Aubameyang (38', 78')
Gigot (90+7')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City25175358263256
3Arsenal25174458223655
4Aston Villa25154652331949
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd2514293534144
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2510874840838
8Newcastle UnitedNewcastle251141053411237
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham2510693644-836
10Chelsea25105104241135
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves25105103940-135
12Fulham2585123441-729
13Bournemouth2477103346-1328
14Brentford2574143544-925
15Crystal Palace2567122844-1625
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2566133244-1224
17Everton2586112733-620
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2534182555-3013
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2534182265-4313

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!