MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 03:43:06| >> :300:86500:86500:
Augsburg logo
Leverkusen logo
Bayern logo
Dortmund logo
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Eintracht Frankfurt logo
Koln logo
Freiburg logo
Heidenheim
Hoffenheim logo
Mainz logo
Leipzig logo
SV Darmstadt
Stuttgart
Union Berlin logo
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen logo
Wolfsburg
Koln logo
Bundesliga | Gameweek 14
Dec 10, 2023 at 4.30pm UK
RheinEnergieStadion
Mainz logo
FC Koln
0 - 0
Mainz

Martel (50'), Uth (85')
FT

Krauss (58'), Kohr (83'), Papela (84'), Widmer (87')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Bundesliga clash between FC Koln and Mainz 05, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Mainz 0-1 Freiburg
Sunday, December 3 at 2.30pm in Bundesliga

We said: FC Koln 1-1 Mainz 05

No team has scored fewer goals than these two sides in the Bundesliga so far this season, meaning we are unlikely to see either goalkeeper troubled on too many occasions at RheinEnergieStadion on Sunday. With both sides appearing set for relegation battles despite previously enjoying a rise up the table in the last couple of years, we can envisage them sharing the spoils with little to split them in terms of quality. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a FC Koln win with a probability of 41.52%. A win for Mainz 05 had a probability of 34.27% and a draw had a probability of 24.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a FC Koln win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.84%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.88%) and 2-0 (6.24%). The likeliest Mainz 05 win was 1-2 (7.92%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.17%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a draw in this match.

Result
FC KolnDrawMainz 05
41.52% (-0.097999999999999 -0.1) 24.21% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02) 34.27% (0.122 0.12)
Both teams to score 60.19% (0.099000000000004 0.1)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.67% (0.11499999999999 0.11)42.33% (-0.108 -0.11)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.27% (0.114 0.11)64.73% (-0.108 -0.11)
FC Koln Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.45% (0.007000000000005 0.01)20.55% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.94% (0.0040000000000049 0)53.06% (0.0020000000000024 0)
Mainz 05 Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.76% (0.12299999999999 0.12)24.24% (-0.117 -0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.41% (0.17 0.17)58.59% (-0.16399999999999 -0.16)
Score Analysis
    FC Koln 41.52%
    Mainz 05 34.27%
    Draw 24.21%
FC KolnDrawMainz 05
2-1 @ 8.84% (-0.013 -0.01)
1-0 @ 7.88% (-0.037999999999999 -0.04)
2-0 @ 6.24% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
3-1 @ 4.66% (-0.0070000000000006 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.3% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
3-0 @ 3.29% (-0.016 -0.02)
4-1 @ 1.84% (-0.002 -0)
4-2 @ 1.31% (0.0029999999999999 0)
4-0 @ 1.3% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 2.86%
Total : 41.52%
1-1 @ 11.17% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-2 @ 6.26% (0.012 0.01)
0-0 @ 4.98% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
3-3 @ 1.56% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 0.24%
Total : 24.21%
1-2 @ 7.92% (0.016 0.02)
0-1 @ 7.06% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-2 @ 5% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.74% (0.02 0.02)
2-3 @ 2.96% (0.017 0.02)
0-3 @ 2.36% (0.013 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.33% (0.012 0.01)
2-4 @ 1.05% (0.0090000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 2.86%
Total : 34.27%

How you voted: FC Koln vs Mainz

FC Koln
37.5%
Draw
40.6%
Mainz 05
21.9%
32
Head to Head
Apr 15, 2023 2.30pm
Gameweek 28
FC Koln
1-1
Mainz
Ljubicic (51')
Ajorque (17')
Oct 21, 2022 7.30pm
Gameweek 11
Mainz
5-0
FC Koln
Ingvartsen (11' pen.), Kohr (35'), Stach (40'), Caricol (73'), Onisiwo (84')
Apr 9, 2022 2.30pm
Gameweek 29
FC Koln
3-2
Mainz
Skhiri (60'), Ljubicic (78'), Kilian (82')
Chabot (34'), Modeste (79')
Burkardt (14'), Onisiwo (55')
Caricol (36'), Stach (65')
Nov 21, 2021 4.30pm
Gameweek 12
Mainz
1-1
FC Koln
Burkardt (41')
Bell (42'), Szalai (90+1')
Ozcan (47')
Duda (54')
Apr 11, 2021 5pm
Gameweek 28
FC Koln
2-3
Mainz
Duda (43' pen.), Skhiri (61')
Duda (22'), Katterbach (34')
Boetius (11'), Onisiwo (65'), Barreiro (90+1')
Mwene (42')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bayer LeverkusenB. Leverkusen23194059164361
2Bayern MunichBayern22162461253650
3Stuttgart22151651282346
4Borussia DortmundDortmund22118344271741
5RB Leipzig22124648282040
6Eintracht FrankfurtFrankfurt228953428633
7Werder Bremen228593134-329
8Freiburg228592940-1129
9Hoffenheim227693841-327
10Heidenheim227693138-727
11VfL BochumVfL Bochum2251072641-1525
12Wolfsburg2266102634-824
13Union BerlinUnion Berlin2273122135-1424
14Augsburg225893140-923
15Borussia MonchengladbachBorussia M'bach2257103643-722
16FC Koln2237121536-2116
17Mainz 05Mainz2329121837-1915
18SV Darmstadt 98Darmstadt2226142351-2812

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!