MX23RW : Saturday, May 18 09:22:20| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
New York City
Major League Soccer
Apr 21, 2024 at 12.30am UK
Citi Field
DC United

NY City
2 - 0
DC United

Rodriguez (20'), Fernandez (90+1')
Bakrar (63')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Akinmboni (34'), Bartlett (50')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Major League Soccer clash between New York City FC and DC United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: NY City 2-0 New England
Sunday, April 14 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: DC United 2-3 Orlando City
Sunday, April 14 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: New York City FC 2-1 DC United

New York should have a lot more confidence following their performance last weekend, and we believe their overall individual quality will be able to outlast a DC side, who have looked better than their recent results suggest, but without Klich, may have difficulty unlocking the opposing backline. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a New York City FC win with a probability of 58.82%. A draw had a probability of 22.6% and a win for DC United had a probability of 18.58%.

The most likely scoreline for a New York City FC win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.65%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.68%) and 2-1 (9.85%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.74%), while for a DC United win it was 0-1 (5.86%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 10.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that New York City FC would win this match.

Result
New York City FCDrawDC United
58.82% (0.036000000000001 0.04) 22.59% (0.0020000000000024 0) 18.58% (-0.039000000000001 -0.04)
Both teams to score 50.61% (-0.072000000000003 -0.07)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52% (-0.061 -0.06)48% (0.061 0.06)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.83% (-0.055 -0.05)70.17% (0.055000000000007 0.06)
New York City FC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
84.02% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)15.98% (0.0080000000000009 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
54.72% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)45.28% (0.015999999999998 0.02)
DC United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
60.24% (-0.079999999999998 -0.08)39.76% (0.081000000000003 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
23.57% (-0.073 -0.07)76.43% (0.074000000000012 0.07)
Score Analysis
    New York City FC 58.82%
    DC United 18.58%
    Draw 22.59%
New York City FCDrawDC United
1-0 @ 11.65% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
2-0 @ 10.68% (0.02 0.02)
2-1 @ 9.85% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-0 @ 6.53% (0.011 0.01)
3-1 @ 6.02% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-0 @ 2.99% (0.004 0)
3-2 @ 2.78% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
4-1 @ 2.76% (-0.0029999999999997 -0)
4-2 @ 1.27% (-0.004 -0)
5-0 @ 1.1% (0.0010000000000001 0)
5-1 @ 1.01% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.17%
Total : 58.82%
1-1 @ 10.74%
0-0 @ 6.35% (0.016 0.02)
2-2 @ 4.54% (-0.010000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 0.95%
Total : 22.59%
0-1 @ 5.86% (0.0020000000000007 0)
1-2 @ 4.96% (-0.011 -0.01)
0-2 @ 2.7% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
1-3 @ 1.52% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.4% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 2.14%
Total : 18.58%

How you voted: NY City vs DC United

New York City FC
100%
Draw
0.0%
DC United
0.0%
6
Head to Head
Oct 8, 2023 12.30am
DC United
2-0
NY City
Klich (45'), Durkin (62')
Birnbaum (45+1'), Canouse (67'), Klich (90+2')

O'Toole (74'), Perea (90+6')
Mar 18, 2023 11.30pm
May 19, 2022 12.30am
Oct 24, 2021 12.30am
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter MiamiInter Miami1484235201528
2FC CincinnatiCincinnati138321610627
3New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls136522419523
4New York City FCNY City136251615120
5Charlotte FCCharlotte FC136251413120
6Toronto136161619-319
7Columbus Crew124621612418
8DC United134542023-317
9Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia123542221114
10Nashville SCNashville123541619-314
11Orlando City123451420-613
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta123361615112
13CF MontrealMontreal123361626-1012
14Chicago Fire132471223-1110
15New England RevolutionNew England11218922-137

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Real Salt LakeSalt Lake1374222111125
2Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd116321913621
3Los Angeles FCLos Angeles136342419521
4Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy135622521421
5Colorado RapidsColorado136342118321
6Austin FCAustin135441615119
7Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver125341814418
8Houston DynamoHouston125251112-117
9St Louis City123721817116
10Seattle SoundersSeattle133461516-113
11Portland TimbersPortland133462527-213
12Sporting Kansas CityKansas122551921-211
13Dallas113261216-411
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes133192232-1010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!