MX23RW : Wednesday, April 24 08:26:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Coventry City
Championship | Gameweek 36
Mar 5, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The Coventry Building Society Arena
Rotherham logo

Coventry
5 - 0
Rotherham

Simms (5', 27', 37'), Latibeaudiere (23'), Tavares (90+1')
FT(HT: 4-0)

Hugill (54')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Coventry City and Rotherham United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Rotherham 0-1 Sheff Weds
Saturday, March 2 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Coventry City 3-1 Rotherham United

Rotherham may sense an opportunity to take advantage of a Coventry side that have lost their way in the second tier. However, we cannot back against the Sky Blues, who will deem this as the perfect fixture to get back on track. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Coventry City win with a probability of 79.71%. A draw had a probability of 13.4% and a win for Rotherham United had a probability of 6.89%.

The most likely scoreline for a Coventry City win was 2-0 with a probability of 12.8%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-0 (11.33%) and 1-0 (9.65%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (6.37%), while for a Rotherham United win it was 0-1 (2.4%). The actual scoreline of 5-0 was predicted with a 4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Coventry City would win this match.

Result
Coventry CityDrawRotherham United
79.71% (0.934 0.93) 13.4% (-0.522 -0.52) 6.89% (-0.414 -0.41)
Both teams to score 44.91% (-0.232 -0.23)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.35% (0.922 0.92)35.65% (-0.924 -0.92)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
42.29% (1.01 1.01)57.71% (-1.013 -1.01)
Coventry City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
92.96% (0.39400000000001 0.39)7.03% (-0.397 -0.4)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
74.3% (1.036 1.04)25.7% (-1.04 -1.04)
Rotherham United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
48.31% (-0.458 -0.46)51.69% (0.456 0.46)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
14.2% (-0.302 -0.3)85.8% (0.301 0.3)
Score Analysis
    Coventry City 79.7%
    Rotherham United 6.89%
    Draw 13.4%
Coventry CityDrawRotherham United
2-0 @ 12.8% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
3-0 @ 11.33% (0.19 0.19)
1-0 @ 9.65% (-0.244 -0.24)
2-1 @ 8.45% (-0.149 -0.15)
4-0 @ 7.52% (0.277 0.28)
3-1 @ 7.48% (0.024 0.02)
4-1 @ 4.96% (0.118 0.12)
5-0 @ 3.99% (0.226 0.23)
5-1 @ 2.64% (0.116 0.12)
3-2 @ 2.47% (-0.025 -0.02)
6-0 @ 1.77% (0.134 0.13)
4-2 @ 1.64% (0.017 0.02)
6-1 @ 1.17% (0.074 0.07)
Other @ 3.84%
Total : 79.7%
1-1 @ 6.37% (-0.249 -0.25)
0-0 @ 3.63% (-0.171 -0.17)
2-2 @ 2.79% (-0.088 -0.09)
Other @ 0.61%
Total : 13.4%
0-1 @ 2.4% (-0.147 -0.15)
1-2 @ 2.1% (-0.111 -0.11)
Other @ 2.39%
Total : 6.89%

How you voted: Coventry vs Rotherham

Coventry City
81.9%
Draw
12.0%
Rotherham United
6.0%
83
Head to Head
Oct 25, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Rotherham
2-0
Coventry
Peltier (51'), Rathbone (90+3')
Cafu (58'), Lembikisa (66')

Thomas (90+2')
Feb 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 33
Rotherham
0-2
Coventry
Allen (46'), Gyokeres (90+2')
Oct 25, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 2
Coventry
2-2
Rotherham
Hamer (76'), Gyokeres (90+1' pen.)
Bramall (43'), Washington (80')
Apr 15, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 36
Rotherham
0-1
Coventry

Wing (46'), Wiles (56'), Wood (90+2')
Skiri Oestigaard (70')
Biamou (86')
Dec 5, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 16
Coventry
3-1
Rotherham
Biamou (6'), Walker (12'), Skiri Oestigaard (72')
Barlaser (85' pen.)
Mattock (16'), Olosunde (52'), MacDonald (71')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester443041086394794
2Leeds UnitedLeeds44279880374390
3Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
4Southampton442591085612484
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4420121267442372
6Norwich CityNorwich442191477611672
7Hull City431812136254866
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough44189176460463
10Preston North EndPreston44189175661-563
11Cardiff CityCardiff44195205061-1162
12Bristol City441611175147459
13Sunderland44168205251156
14Swansea CitySwansea441511185762-556
15Watford441217155958153
16Millwall441411194355-1253
17Stoke CityStoke441311204460-1650
18Queens Park RangersQPR441311204157-1650
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn441310215874-1649
20Plymouth ArgylePlymouth441212205869-1148
21Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds44138233968-2947
22Birmingham CityBirmingham441210224864-1646
23Huddersfield TownHuddersfield44917184774-2744
RRotherham UnitedRotherham44412283285-5324


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!