MX23RW : Saturday, April 13 13:30:59| >> :600:237818:237818:
Coventry City
FA Cup | Fifth Round
Feb 26, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The Coventry Building Society Arena
Maidstone United

Coventry
5 - 0
Maidstone

Simms (9', 14', 35'), Tavares (88', 90+2')
FT(HT: 3-0)

The Match

Match Report

Ellis Simms nets a first-half hat-trick as Coventry City cruise to a 5-0 win over non-league Maidstone United in the FA Cup fifth round.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's FA Cup clash between Coventry City and Maidstone United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Coventry 0-3 Preston
Friday, February 23 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: Aveley 2-0 Maidstone
Monday, February 19 at 7.45pm in National League South

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Coventry City win with a probability of 73.33%. A draw had a probability of 16.1% and a win for Maidstone United had a probability of 10.56%.

The most likely scoreline for a Coventry City win was 2-0 with a probability of 11.22%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.33%) and 3-0 (9.26%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.55%), while for a Maidstone United win it was 1-2 (3.14%). The actual scoreline of 5-0 was predicted with a 2.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Coventry City would win this match.

Result
Coventry CityDrawMaidstone United
73.33% (0.143 0.14) 16.1% (-0.076000000000001 -0.08) 10.56% (-0.068999999999999 -0.07)
Both teams to score 51.69% (0.020000000000003 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.16% (0.155 0.16)35.84% (-0.159 -0.16)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
42.08% (0.173 0.17)57.92% (-0.174 -0.17)
Coventry City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
91.57% (0.069000000000003 0.07)8.42% (-0.071000000000002 -0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
70.73% (0.17 0.17)29.27% (-0.173 -0.17)
Maidstone United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
56.45% (-0.021999999999998 -0.02)43.55% (0.018999999999998 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
20.25% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)79.75% (0.013999999999996 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Coventry City 73.32%
    Maidstone United 10.56%
    Draw 16.1%
Coventry CityDrawMaidstone United
2-0 @ 11.22% (-0.02 -0.02)
2-1 @ 9.33% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
3-0 @ 9.26% (0.02 0.02)
1-0 @ 9.08% (-0.041 -0.04)
3-1 @ 7.7% (0.013 0.01)
4-0 @ 5.73% (0.032 0.03)
4-1 @ 4.76% (0.024 0.02)
3-2 @ 3.2% (0.004 0)
5-0 @ 2.83% (0.025 0.03)
5-1 @ 2.36% (0.019 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.98% (0.0090000000000001 0.01)
6-0 @ 1.17% (0.014 0.01)
5-2 @ 0.98% (0.008 0.01)
6-1 @ 0.97% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 2.76%
Total : 73.32%
1-1 @ 7.55% (-0.037999999999999 -0.04)
2-2 @ 3.88% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
0-0 @ 3.67% (-0.029 -0.03)
Other @ 1.01%
Total : 16.1%
1-2 @ 3.14% (-0.017 -0.02)
0-1 @ 3.05% (-0.026 -0.03)
0-2 @ 1.27% (-0.011 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.08% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.03%
Total : 10.56%

How you voted: Coventry vs Maidstone

Coventry City
69.0%
Draw
6.9%
Maidstone United
24.1%
87
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal31225475245171
2Liverpool31218272304271
3Manchester CityMan City31217371314070
4Tottenham HotspurSpurs31186765452060
5Aston Villa32186866491760
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd31154124546-149
7West Ham UnitedWest Ham32139105256-448
8Newcastle UnitedNewcastle311451265521347
9Chelsea30128105552344
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton311110105149243
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves31126134449-542
12Bournemouth31118124555-1041
13Fulham32116154751-439
14Crystal Palace3179153654-1830
15Brentford3278174558-1329
16Everton3198143242-1027
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3278174056-1625
18Luton TownLuton3267194565-2025
19Burnley3247213267-3519
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3137213082-5216


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!