MX23RW : Wednesday, August 10 05:09:42| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Jun 30, 2022 at 12.30am UK at Nippert Stadium
Cincinnati
4 - 4
NY City
Acosta (15'), Brenner (24', 30', 70')
Nwobodo (57'), Cruz (62'), Brenner (90')
FT(HT: 3-3)
Magno (45'), Heber (45+2', 45+7'), Pereira (52')
Haak (31'), Callens (31')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Major League Soccer clash between FC Cincinnati and New York City FC, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: FC Cincinnati 1-3 New York City FC

While Cincinnati head into Thursday's contest on a high, NYCFC will have been disappointed to lose in the dying embers of their last match against another side competing with them at the top of the table. Nevertheless, the visitors will be motivated by the prospect of returning to the summit with maximum points at the TQL Stadium, and considering their impressive record against Cincinnati, the Boys in Blue will be the strong favourites to come out on top. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a New York City FC win with a probability of 49.11%. A win for FC Cincinnati had a probability of 27.2% and a draw had a probability of 23.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a New York City FC win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.54%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (9%) and 0-2 (7.77%). The likeliest FC Cincinnati win was 2-1 (6.78%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.04%). The actual scoreline of 4-4 was predicted with a 0.2% likelihood.

Result
FC CincinnatiDrawNew York City FC
27.2% (1.657 1.66) 23.69% (0.249 0.25) 49.11% (-1.905 -1.91)
Both teams to score 58.11% (0.691 0.69)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.64% (0.215 0.21)43.36% (-0.21400000000001 -0.21)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.24% (0.212 0.21)65.76% (-0.21299999999999 -0.21)
FC Cincinnati Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.68% (1.378 1.38)29.31% (-1.376 -1.38)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.71% (1.658 1.66)65.28% (-1.657 -1.66)
New York City FC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.21% (-0.637 -0.64)17.79% (0.639 0.64)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
51.5% (-1.112 -1.11)48.5% (1.114 1.11)
Score Analysis
    FC Cincinnati 27.2%
    New York City FC 49.11%
    Draw 23.68%
FC CincinnatiDrawNew York City FC
2-1 @ 6.78% (0.304 0.3)
1-0 @ 6.4% (0.181 0.18)
2-0 @ 3.93% (0.253 0.25)
3-1 @ 2.77% (0.224 0.22)
3-2 @ 2.39% (0.147 0.15)
3-0 @ 1.61% (0.16 0.16)
Other @ 3.33%
Total : 27.2%
1-1 @ 11.04% (0.079999999999998 0.08)
2-2 @ 5.85% (0.144 0.14)
0-0 @ 5.21% (-0.048999999999999 -0.05)
3-3 @ 1.38% (0.057 0.06)
Other @ 0.2%
Total : 23.68%
1-2 @ 9.54% (-0.126 -0.13)
0-1 @ 9% (-0.277 -0.28)
0-2 @ 7.77% (-0.409 -0.41)
1-3 @ 5.49% (-0.19 -0.19)
0-3 @ 4.47% (-0.335 -0.34)
2-3 @ 3.37% (0.013 0.01)
1-4 @ 2.37% (-0.134 -0.13)
0-4 @ 1.93% (-0.189 -0.19)
2-4 @ 1.45% (-0.025 -0.03)
Other @ 3.71%
Total : 49.11%

How you voted: Cincinnati vs NY City

FC Cincinnati
36.4%
Draw
18.2%
New York City FC
45.5%
11
Head to Head
Sep 19, 2021 12.30am
Cincinnati
1-2
NY City
Brenner (4')
Cameron (48'), Barreal (74')
Barreal (85'), Atanga (90+5')
Parks (37'), Castellanos (60' pen.)
Tajouri (26'), Morales (69'), Jasson (77'), Johnson (83'), Callens (90+7'), Callens (90+7')
Apr 24, 2021 6pm
NY City
5-0
Cincinnati
Medina (7', 83'), Hagglund (53' og.), Thorarinsson (57'), Castellanos (67')
Thorarinsson (50'), Castellanos (60')

Harris (10'), Cruz (56')
Sep 27, 2020 12am
NY City
4-0
Cincinnati
Mitrita (1', 43'), Tinnerholm (25'), Medina (88')
Callens (34'), Matarrita (61'), Castellanos (78')

Waston (64'), Medunjanin (71')
Sep 13, 2020 12am
NY City
2-1
Cincinnati
Ring (39'), Tinnerholm (55')
Sands (78'), Chanot (84')
Vazquez (74')
Waston (52'), Deplagne (90+5')
Jul 16, 2020 12am
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia24129341182345
2New York City FCNY City23126543241942
3CF MontrealMontreal2412484039140
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2410773830837
5Columbus Crew238963126533
6FC CincinnatiCincinnati248884043-332
7New England RevolutionNew England237973534130
8Chicago Fire2486102730-330
9Orlando City2486102736-930
10Inter MiamiInter Miami2486102939-1030
11Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2492133034-429
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta237793134-328
13Toronto2475123442-826
14DC United2364132847-1922

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia24129341182345
2New York City FCNY City23126543241942
3CF MontrealMontreal2412484039140
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2410773830837
5Columbus Crew238963126533
6FC CincinnatiCincinnati248884043-332
7New England RevolutionNew England237973534130
8Chicago Fire2486102730-330
9Orlando City2486102736-930
10Inter MiamiInter Miami2486102939-1030
11Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2492133034-429
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta237793134-328
13Toronto2475123442-826
14DC United2364132847-1922

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!