MX23RW : Saturday, August 13 15:24:54| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Jun 19, 2022 at 10pm UK at Yankee Stadium
NY City
1 - 1
Colorado
Magno (72')
Castellanos (68'), Morales (83')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Barrios (68')
Price (30'), Abubakar (56'), Acosta (73'), Wilson (76')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between New York City FC and Colorado Rapids, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: New York City FC 1-0 Colorado Rapids

When arguably the most prolific striker in the league (Valentin Castellanos) is without a goal in three matches in all competitions, and you can still win comfortably, you understand why NYCFC are solid favourites to retain their title. Colorado are a better team than their record currently indicates, but New York simply have too much quality for them to handle, and they can win by scoring their share of goals or playing a sound defensive game. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a New York City FC win with a probability of 66.79%. A draw had a probability of 19% and a win for Colorado Rapids had a probability of 14.21%.

The most likely scoreline for a New York City FC win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.86%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.9%) and 2-1 (9.82%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.94%), while for a Colorado Rapids win it was 0-1 (4.07%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 8.9% likelihood.

Result
New York City FCDrawColorado Rapids
66.79% (-0.043999999999997 -0.04) 19% (-0.004999999999999 -0) 14.21% (0.051 0.05)
Both teams to score 52.87% (0.167 0.17)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
59.88% (0.149 0.15)40.12% (-0.148 -0.15)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.51% (0.155 0.16)62.49% (-0.154 -0.15)
New York City FC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.87% (0.034000000000006 0.03)11.12% (-0.032 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.44% (0.069000000000003 0.07)35.55% (-0.067 -0.07)
Colorado Rapids Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
59.49% (0.16699999999999 0.17)40.5% (-0.165 -0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
22.89% (0.151 0.15)77.11% (-0.149 -0.15)
Score Analysis
    New York City FC 66.79%
    Colorado Rapids 14.21%
    Draw 19%
New York City FCDrawColorado Rapids
2-0 @ 10.86% (-0.050000000000001 -0.05)
1-0 @ 9.9% (-0.055 -0.05)
2-1 @ 9.82% (0.0020000000000007 0)
3-0 @ 7.95% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
3-1 @ 7.19% (0.011 0.01)
4-0 @ 4.37% (-0.008 -0.01)
4-1 @ 3.95% (0.01 0.01)
3-2 @ 3.25% (0.019 0.02)
5-0 @ 1.92% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
4-2 @ 1.78% (0.013 0.01)
5-1 @ 1.73% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 4.08%
Total : 66.79%
1-1 @ 8.94% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
0-0 @ 4.51% (-0.031 -0.03)
2-2 @ 4.44% (0.021 0.02)
3-3 @ 0.98% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 19%
0-1 @ 4.07% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
1-2 @ 4.04% (0.014 0.01)
0-2 @ 1.84% (0.004 0)
2-3 @ 1.34% (0.013 0.01)
1-3 @ 1.22% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 1.7%
Total : 14.21%

How you voted: NY City vs Colorado

New York City FC
95.2%
Draw
4.8%
Colorado Rapids
0.0%
21
Head to Head
May 17, 2020 12am
Jul 21, 2019 2am
Colorado
1-2
NY City
Anderson (6')
Howard (36')
Anderson (33')
Heber (40'), Mitrita (83')
Matarrita (91'), Johnson (93')
May 19, 2018 6pm
NY City
4-0
Colorado
Villa (22', 74'), Matarrita (49'), Moralez (56')
McNamara (83')

Nicholson (3'), Wilson (31'), Azira (46'), Smith (84')
Sep 17, 2017 2am
Colorado
1-1
NY City
Badji (88')
Gatt (58')
McNamara (19')
Johnson (63'), McNamara (90')
Jul 30, 2016 8pm
NY City
5-1
Colorado
Lampard (28', 81', 84' pen.), Taylor (42'), Mendoza (75')
Lampard (32'), Martinez (32')
Gashi (93')
Azira (21'), Watts (23')
Azira (37')
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Premier League
Championship
Scottish Premiership
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Eredivisie
Primeira Liga
KNVB Beker
League One
League Two
National League
National League North
National League South
Scottish Championship
Scottish League One
Scottish League Two
Turkish Super Lig
Belgian Pro League
Swiss Super League
Russian Premier League
Norwegian Eliteserien
Swedish Allsvenskan
Finnish Veikkausliiga
NIFL Premiership
Welsh Premier League
Belarusian Premier League
Segunda Division
Serie B
2.Bundesliga
Ligue 2
Major League Soccer
Brasileiro
Argentine Primera Division
Uruguayan Primera Division
Liga MX
Chinese Super League
J1 League
Super League
Canadian Open Semi-Finals
8pm
Hurkacz
Ruud
Canadian Open Quarter-Finals
Result
Carreno Busta
Draper
7  6
64 1
Tables

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia24129341182345
2New York City FCNY City23126543241942
3CF MontrealMontreal2412484039140
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2410773830837
5Columbus Crew238963126533
6FC CincinnatiCincinnati248884043-332
7New England RevolutionNew England237973534130
8Chicago Fire2486102730-330
9Orlando City2486102736-930
10Inter MiamiInter Miami2486102939-1030
11Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2492133034-429
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta237793134-328
13Toronto2475123442-826
14DC United2364132847-1922

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia24129341182345
2New York City FCNY City23126543241942
3CF MontrealMontreal2412484039140
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2410773830837
5Columbus Crew238963126533
6FC CincinnatiCincinnati248884043-332
7New England RevolutionNew England237973534130
8Chicago Fire2486102730-330
9Orlando City2486102736-930
10Inter MiamiInter Miami2486102939-1030
11Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2492133034-429
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta237793134-328
13Toronto2475123442-826
14DC United2364132847-1922

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!