MX23RW : Thursday, May 30 13:20:11| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Ipswich logo
Championship | Gameweek 43
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
Portman Road Stadium
Middlesbrough logo

Ipswich
1 - 1
Middlesbrough

Luongo (30')
Luongo (49'), Travis (90+5')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Latte Lath (20')
Howson (57'), Ayling (90+3')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Ipswich Town and Middlesbrough, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Ipswich 0-0 Watford
Wednesday, April 10 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: Hull City 2-2 Middlesbrough
Wednesday, April 10 at 8pm in Championship

We said: Ipswich Town 2-1 Middlesbrough

With Middlesbrough having put together a prolonged unbeaten run, they will fancy their chances of getting the better of a team under increasing pressure. However, we are backing the home side to get back on track in what could turn into a scrappy contest. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Ipswich Town win with a probability of 55.35%. A win for Middlesbrough had a probability of 24.06% and a draw had a probability of 20.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Ipswich Town win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.35%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (6.8%) and 3-1 (6.73%). The likeliest Middlesbrough win was 1-2 (5.96%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (8.67%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 8.7% likelihood.

Result
Ipswich TownDrawMiddlesbrough
55.35% (-0.292 -0.29) 20.59% (0.057000000000002 0.06) 24.06% (0.239 0.24)
Both teams to score 66.1% (0.090999999999994 0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
68.54% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)31.46% (0.010000000000002 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
47.07% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)52.93% (0.013999999999996 0.01)
Ipswich Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.45% (-0.079999999999998 -0.08)11.55% (0.084 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.51% (-0.179 -0.18)36.48% (0.182 0.18)
Middlesbrough Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.73% (0.17399999999999 0.17)25.26% (-0.171 -0.17)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.98% (0.238 0.24)60.02% (-0.23399999999999 -0.23)
Score Analysis
    Ipswich Town 55.35%
    Middlesbrough 24.06%
    Draw 20.59%
Ipswich TownDrawMiddlesbrough
2-1 @ 9.35% (-0.012 -0.01)
2-0 @ 6.8% (-0.043 -0.04)
3-1 @ 6.73% (-0.032 -0.03)
1-0 @ 6.3% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
3-0 @ 4.89% (-0.046 -0.05)
3-2 @ 4.63% (0.0019999999999998 0)
4-1 @ 3.63% (-0.029 -0.03)
4-0 @ 2.64% (-0.034 -0.03)
4-2 @ 2.5% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
5-1 @ 1.57% (-0.018 -0.02)
4-3 @ 1.15% (0.002 0)
5-0 @ 1.14% (-0.019 -0.02)
5-2 @ 1.08% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
Other @ 2.96%
Total : 55.35%
1-1 @ 8.67% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
2-2 @ 6.43% (0.023 0.02)
0-0 @ 2.92% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-3 @ 2.12% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 0.45%
Total : 20.59%
1-2 @ 5.96% (0.041 0.04)
0-1 @ 4.02% (0.022 0.02)
2-3 @ 2.95% (0.025 0.03)
0-2 @ 2.76% (0.029 0.03)
1-3 @ 2.73% (0.033 0.03)
0-3 @ 1.27% (0.02 0.02)
2-4 @ 1.02% (0.014 0.01)
1-4 @ 0.94% (0.015 0.01)
Other @ 2.42%
Total : 24.06%

How you voted: Ipswich vs Middlesbrough

Ipswich Town
80.8%
Draw
11.5%
Middlesbrough
7.7%
52
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 20
Middlesbrough
0-2
Ipswich

Crooks (51')
Chaplin (36'), Hutchinson (67')
Woolfenden (63'), Morsy (90+5'), Ball (90')
Dec 29, 2018 3pm
Gameweek 25
Middlesbrough
2-0
Ipswich
Hugill (37' pen.), Tavernier (72')
Tavernier (65')

Chalobah (19'), Downes (40')
Oct 2, 2018 7.45pm
Gameweek 11
Ipswich
0-2
Middlesbrough
Besic (12'), Downing (16')
May 6, 2018 12.30pm
Ipswich
2-2
Middlesbrough
Sears (8'), Waghorn (83' pen.)
Skuse (12'), Nydam (45'), Sears (45')
Downing (71'), Bamford (90')
Gibson (90')
Dec 9, 2017 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CLeicester CityLeicester463141189414897
3Leeds UnitedLeeds462791081433890
4Southampton462691187632487
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4621121370472375
6Norwich CityNorwich4621101579641573
7Hull City461913146860870
8Middlesbrough46209177162969
9Coventry CityCoventry4617131670591164
10Preston North EndPreston46189195667-1163
11Bristol City461711185351262
12Cardiff CityCardiff46195225370-1762
13Millwall461611194555-1059
14Swansea CitySwansea461512195965-657
15Watford461317166161056
16Sunderland46168225254-256
17Stoke CityStoke461511204960-1156
18Queens Park RangersQPR461511204758-1156
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn461411216074-1453
20Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds46158234468-2453
21Plymouth ArgylePlymouth461312215970-1151
RBirmingham CityBirmingham461311225065-1550
RHuddersfield TownHuddersfield46918194877-2945
RRotherham UnitedRotherham46512293789-5227


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!