MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 11:26:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Middlesbrough logo
Championship | Gameweek 20
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
Riverside Stadium
Ipswich logo
Middlesbrough
0 - 2
Ipswich

Crooks (51')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Chaplin (36'), Hutchinson (67')
Woolfenden (63'), Morsy (90+5'), Ball (90')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Middlesbrough and Ipswich Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Ipswich 2-1 Coventry
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Middlesbrough 2-2 Ipswich Town

With both sides possessing plenty of attacking quality, we are expecting an entertaining and high-scoring encounter between Boro and Ipswich on Saturday. The Tractor Boys have conceded two goals in each of their last three away outings, but we believe that their offensive prowess will be enough to earn them a point on Teesside. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Middlesbrough win with a probability of 42.14%. A win for Ipswich Town had a probability of 32.96% and a draw had a probability of 24.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Middlesbrough win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.92%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.85%) and 2-0 (6.75%). The likeliest Ipswich Town win was 1-2 (7.73%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.69%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with a 5.1% likelihood.

Result
MiddlesbroughDrawIpswich Town
42.14% (-0.032000000000004 -0.03) 24.9% (-0.02 -0.02) 32.96% (0.056999999999995 0.06)
Both teams to score 57.37% (0.096000000000004 0.1)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.16% (0.116 0.12)45.84% (-0.11199999999999 -0.11)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.85% (0.112 0.11)68.16% (-0.107 -0.11)
Middlesbrough Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.25% (0.034000000000006 0.03)21.75% (-0.029999999999998 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
45.07% (0.053000000000004 0.05)54.94% (-0.046999999999997 -0.05)
Ipswich Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.32% (0.093999999999994 0.09)26.68% (-0.088999999999999 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.07% (0.122 0.12)61.93% (-0.116 -0.12)
Score Analysis
    Middlesbrough 42.14%
    Ipswich Town 32.96%
    Draw 24.89%
MiddlesbroughDrawIpswich Town
2-1 @ 8.92% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
1-0 @ 8.85% (-0.034000000000001 -0.03)
2-0 @ 6.75% (-0.019 -0.02)
3-1 @ 4.54% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-0 @ 3.43% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
4-1 @ 1.73% (0.0029999999999999 0)
4-0 @ 1.31% (-0.002 -0)
4-2 @ 1.14% (0.0050000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 2.47%
Total : 42.14%
1-1 @ 11.69% (-0.020000000000001 -0.02)
2-2 @ 5.89% (0.013 0.01)
0-0 @ 5.8% (-0.028 -0.03)
3-3 @ 1.32% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 24.89%
1-2 @ 7.73% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
0-1 @ 7.67% (-0.017 -0.02)
0-2 @ 5.07% (0.0019999999999998 0)
1-3 @ 3.4% (0.013 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.6% (0.012 0.01)
0-3 @ 2.23% (0.0059999999999998 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.12% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 3.15%
Total : 32.96%

How you voted: Middlesbrough vs Ipswich

Middlesbrough
40.0%
Draw
16.0%
Ipswich Town
44.0%
25
Head to Head
Dec 29, 2018 3pm
Gameweek 25
Middlesbrough
2-0
Ipswich
Hugill (37' pen.), Tavernier (72')
Tavernier (65')

Chalobah (19'), Downes (40')
Oct 2, 2018 7.45pm
Gameweek 11
Ipswich
0-2
Middlesbrough
Besic (12'), Downing (16')
May 6, 2018 12.30pm
Ipswich
2-2
Middlesbrough
Sears (8'), Waghorn (83' pen.)
Skuse (12'), Nydam (45'), Sears (45')
Downing (71'), Bamford (90')
Gibson (90')
Dec 9, 2017 3pm
Apr 23, 2016 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!