MX23RW : Sunday, March 3 19:22:03| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Middlesbrough logo
Championship | Gameweek 18
Nov 28, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Riverside Stadium
Preston North End logo
Middlesbrough
4 - 0
Preston
Jones (16', 37'), van den Berg (26'), Bangura (90+4')
FT(HT: 3-0)

Potts (65'), Hughes (82')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Middlesbrough and Preston North End, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Preston 1-2 Cardiff
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Middlesbrough 2-1 Preston North End

Both teams will be looking to produce a positive response following disappointing results at the weekend, but we think that it will be Middlesbrough who will come out on top after winning four of their last five home matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Middlesbrough win with a probability of 54.9%. A draw had a probability of 23.6% and a win for Preston North End had a probability of 21.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Middlesbrough win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.24%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.81%) and 2-1 (9.78%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.21%), while for a Preston North End win it was 0-1 (6.43%). The actual scoreline of 4-0 was predicted with a 2.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Middlesbrough would win this match.

Result
MiddlesbroughDrawPreston North End
54.9% (-0.634 -0.63) 23.6% (0.024999999999999 0.02) 21.5% (0.611 0.61)
Both teams to score 52.08% (0.795 0.8)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.64% (0.625 0.63)48.36% (-0.624 -0.62)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.5% (0.568 0.57)70.5% (-0.566 -0.57)
Middlesbrough Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.51% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)17.48% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.02% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)47.97% (0.0069999999999979 0.01)
Preston North End Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
63.11% (0.96599999999999 0.97)36.88% (-0.965 -0.97)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
26.33% (0.949 0.95)73.67% (-0.94799999999999 -0.95)
Score Analysis
    Middlesbrough 54.9%
    Preston North End 21.5%
    Draw 23.59%
MiddlesbroughDrawPreston North End
1-0 @ 11.24% (-0.29 -0.29)
2-0 @ 9.81% (-0.255 -0.26)
2-1 @ 9.78% (0.0039999999999996 0)
3-0 @ 5.7% (-0.15 -0.15)
3-1 @ 5.69% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-2 @ 2.84% (0.074 0.07)
4-0 @ 2.49% (-0.065 -0.07)
4-1 @ 2.48% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-2 @ 1.24% (0.032 0.03)
Other @ 3.65%
Total : 54.9%
1-1 @ 11.21%
0-0 @ 6.45% (-0.168 -0.17)
2-2 @ 4.88% (0.129 0.13)
3-3 @ 0.94% (0.049 0.05)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 23.59%
0-1 @ 6.43% (0.0040000000000004 0)
1-2 @ 5.59% (0.147 0.15)
0-2 @ 3.21% (0.085 0.09)
1-3 @ 1.86% (0.096 0.1)
2-3 @ 1.62% (0.084 0.08)
0-3 @ 1.07% (0.056 0.06)
Other @ 1.72%
Total : 21.5%

How you voted: Middlesbrough vs Preston

Middlesbrough
76.5%
Draw
14.7%
Preston North End
8.8%
34
Head to Head
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 38
Middlesbrough
4-0
Preston
Akpom (22'), Archer (52', 58'), Forss (90+5')
Oct 29, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 18
Preston
2-1
Middlesbrough
Riis Jakobsen (35'), Storey (90+1')
Akpom (8')
May 7, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 46
Preston
4-1
Middlesbrough
Browne (24'), Fry (35' og.), Riis Jakobsen (53', 74' pen.)
van den Berg (45'), Johnson (45'), McCann (56')
Tavernier (48')
Daniels (45'), McNair (45'), Dijksteel (58'), Fry (66'), Jones (72'), Crooks (84')
McNair (73')
Nov 23, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 19
Middlesbrough
1-2
Preston
McNair (33')
Evans (77'), Riis Jakobsen (81')
Browne (63'), Evans (75'), Earl (85'), Johnson (90+1')
Mar 16, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 37
Middlesbrough
2-0
Preston
Storey (22' og.), Tavernier (51')
Fisher (66')

Potts (62')
Browne (36')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester35253771314078
2Ipswich TownIpswich35229470452575
3Leeds UnitedLeeds35227665283773
4Southampton35217769452470
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom351781051331859
6Hull City35168115043756
7Norwich CityNorwich35167126051955
8Preston North EndPreston35158124752-553
9Coventry CityCoventry3513121052421051
10Sunderland35145164640647
11Cardiff CityCardiff35145164048-847
12Watford351111135048244
13Bristol City35128153940-144
14Middlesbrough34135164751-444
15Swansea CitySwansea35119154556-1142
16Plymouth ArgylePlymouth351010155359-640
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn35116184962-1339
18Millwall35109163447-1339
19Queens Park RangersQPR35108173446-1238
20Birmingham CityBirmingham34108164155-1438
21Huddersfield TownHuddersfield35814134156-1538
22Stoke CityStoke35108173348-1538
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds35105202953-2435
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham35310223067-3719

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!