MX23RW : Friday, March 1 18:41:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Ipswich logo
Championship | Gameweek 19
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Portman Road Stadium
Coventry City
Ipswich
2 - 1
Coventry
Hirst (6'), Burns (41')
Luongo (39'), Williams (89')
FT(HT: 2-0)
Williams (90+6' og.)
Sakamoto (79')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Ipswich Town and Coventry City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Ipswich 3-1 Millwall
Wednesday, November 29 at 8pm in Championship
Last Game: Coventry 1-0 Plymouth
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in Championship

We said: Ipswich Town 2-0 Coventry City

Ipswich could have scored four or five in the clash with Millwall last time out, showing that the Tractor Boys are back on track after their setback at The Hawthorns. Coventry were unconvincing in the home victory against a Plymouth side who struggle massively on their travels, meaning we are expecting the Sky Blues to find it very difficult at Portman Road this weekend. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Ipswich Town win with a probability of 44.03%. A win for Coventry City had a probability of 32.57% and a draw had a probability of 23.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Ipswich Town win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.01%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.3%) and 2-0 (6.24%). The likeliest Coventry City win was 1-2 (7.61%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.53%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Ipswich Town in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Ipswich Town.

Result
Ipswich TownDrawCoventry City
44.03% (0.261 0.26) 23.4% (-0.174 -0.17) 32.57% (-0.086999999999996 -0.09)
Both teams to score 62.6% (0.603 0.6)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.06% (0.805 0.81)38.93% (-0.805 -0.81)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.75% (0.84099999999999 0.84)61.25% (-0.841 -0.84)
Ipswich Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.93% (0.432 0.43)18.06% (-0.432 -0.43)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
51.02% (0.732 0.73)48.98% (-0.733 -0.73)
Coventry City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.4% (0.336 0.34)23.6% (-0.335 -0.34)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.32% (0.48 0.48)57.67% (-0.481 -0.48)
Score Analysis
    Ipswich Town 44.03%
    Coventry City 32.57%
    Draw 23.39%
Ipswich TownDrawCoventry City
2-1 @ 9.01% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-0 @ 7.3% (-0.176 -0.18)
2-0 @ 6.24% (-0.062 -0.06)
3-1 @ 5.14% (0.07 0.07)
3-2 @ 3.71% (0.087 0.09)
3-0 @ 3.56% (0.014 0.01)
4-1 @ 2.2% (0.06 0.06)
4-2 @ 1.59% (0.059 0.06)
4-0 @ 1.52% (0.027 0.03)
Other @ 3.76%
Total : 44.03%
1-1 @ 10.53% (-0.15 -0.15)
2-2 @ 6.51% (0.063 0.06)
0-0 @ 4.26% (-0.164 -0.16)
3-3 @ 1.79% (0.058 0.06)
Other @ 0.31%
Total : 23.39%
1-2 @ 7.61% (-0.031999999999999 -0.03)
0-1 @ 6.16% (-0.174 -0.17)
0-2 @ 4.44% (-0.081 -0.08)
1-3 @ 3.66% (0.021 0.02)
2-3 @ 3.13% (0.061 0.06)
0-3 @ 2.14% (-0.018 -0.02)
1-4 @ 1.32% (0.02 0.02)
2-4 @ 1.13% (0.033 0.03)
Other @ 2.98%
Total : 32.57%

How you voted: Ipswich vs Coventry

Ipswich Town
83.3%
Draw
7.1%
Coventry City
9.5%
42
Head to Head
Mar 7, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 37
Ipswich
0-1
Coventry

Norris (45+3'), Sears (62'), Dozzell (76')
Godden (16')
Walsh (30'), McFadzean (59'), McCallum (90+1')
Dec 10, 2019 7.45pm
Second Round
Ipswich
1-2
Coventry
Garbutt (84')
Shipley (18'), Biamou (33')
Dec 7, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 20
Coventry
1-1
Ipswich
Biamou (56')
Kastaneer (59')
Keane (31')
Edwards (59'), Woolfenden (76'), Jackson (92')
Dec 1, 2019 2pm
Second Round
Coventry
1-1
Ipswich
O'Hare (94')
Walsh (79')
Keane (51')
Dozzell (67'), Downes (81')
Feb 4, 2012 3pm
Coventry
2-3
Ipswich
Deegan (45'), Clingan (29' pen.)
Wood (66')
Emmanuel-Thomas (22'), Chopra (64', 90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!