MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:18:33| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
League One | Gameweek 21
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
Memorial Stadium
Cheltenham Town
Bristol Rovers
1 - 1
Cheltenham
Hunt (50')
Hunt (45+4')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Goodwin (28')
Lloyd (59'), Freestone (78'), Butler-Oyedeji (90+1')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Bristol Rovers 2-1 Cheltenham Town

Bristol Rovers have already fallen a spot in the league standings in recent weeks, but they will be confident here as they return to their home patch, where they are carrying a six-match unbeaten streak. While the visitors have shown signs of life in recent weeks, we feel that The Pirates will edge this one by the odd goal. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bristol Rovers win with a probability of 61.14%. A draw had a probability of 21.2% and a win for Cheltenham Town had a probability of 17.65%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bristol Rovers win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.41%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.33%) and 2-1 (9.95%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.02%), while for a Cheltenham Town win it was 0-1 (5.05%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 10% likelihood.

Result
Bristol RoversDrawCheltenham Town
61.14% (0.16 0.16) 21.21% (-0.062000000000001 -0.06) 17.65% (-0.099 -0.1)
Both teams to score 53.32% (0.0019999999999953 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.48% (0.101 0.1)43.51% (-0.103 -0.1)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.09% (0.099000000000004 0.1)65.91% (-0.10000000000001 -0.1)
Bristol Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.25% (0.081000000000003 0.08)13.75% (-0.082000000000001 -0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
58.97% (0.16 0.16)41.02% (-0.163 -0.16)
Cheltenham Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.81% (-0.055999999999997 -0.06)38.19% (0.054000000000002 0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.05% (-0.052 -0.05)74.95% (0.051999999999992 0.05)
Score Analysis
    Bristol Rovers 61.12%
    Cheltenham Town 17.65%
    Draw 21.2%
Bristol RoversDrawCheltenham Town
1-0 @ 10.41% (-0.02 -0.02)
2-0 @ 10.33% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 9.95%
3-0 @ 6.84% (0.031 0.03)
3-1 @ 6.58% (0.02 0.02)
4-0 @ 3.39% (0.025 0.02)
4-1 @ 3.27% (0.019 0.02)
3-2 @ 3.17% (0.0050000000000003 0.01)
4-2 @ 1.57% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
5-0 @ 1.35% (0.014 0.01)
5-1 @ 1.3% (0.012 0.01)
Other @ 2.98%
Total : 61.12%
1-1 @ 10.02% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
0-0 @ 5.25% (-0.024 -0.02)
2-2 @ 4.79% (-0.0070000000000006 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.02%
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 21.2%
0-1 @ 5.05% (-0.03 -0.03)
1-2 @ 4.83% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-2 @ 2.43% (-0.018 -0.02)
1-3 @ 1.55% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.54% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 2.25%
Total : 17.65%

How you voted: Bristol Rovers vs Cheltenham

Bristol Rovers
87.5%
Draw
0.0%
Cheltenham Town
12.5%
8
Head to Head
Sep 5, 2023 7.45pm
Group Stage
Bristol Rovers
4-1
Cheltenham
Gibbons (9'), Evans (27'), Collins (40'), Street (68' og.)
McCormick (48')
Gibbons (50' og.)
Adshead (63'), Willcox (72'), Chapman (84')
Jan 1, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 25
Bristol Rovers
2-1
Cheltenham
Collins (25'), Coburn (39')
May (48')
Oct 15, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 15
Cheltenham
1-4
Bristol Rovers
Sercombe (54' pen.)
Collins (15', 45+2'), Evans (23'), Thomas (42')
Aug 31, 2021 7pm
Aug 10, 2021 7.45pm
First Round
Bristol Rovers
0-2
Cheltenham

Baldwin (88')
May (58'), Vassell (71')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth352110458302873
2Derby CountyDerby34206859312866
3Bolton WanderersBolton33206760372366
4Barnsley33189660372363
5Peterborough UnitedPeterborough33178861412059
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd351691057441357
7Stevenage33168947341356
8Blackpool341581154401453
9Leyton Orient34149114242051
10Lincoln CityLincoln341212103732548
11Northampton TownNorthampton34146144750-348
12Bristol Rovers34137144749-246
13Wigan AthleticWigan34147134843541
14Exeter CityExeter35117172648-2240
15Wycombe WanderersWycombe33911134144-338
16Reading35119154652-638
17Cambridge UnitedCambridge33108153141-1038
18Burton Albion33108152943-1438
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury34115182646-2038
20Charlton AthleticCharlton34713144752-534
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham3296172843-1533
22Port Vale3287173252-2031
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood3469193456-2227
24Carlisle UnitedCarlisle3348212757-3020

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!