MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 04:37:25| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Blackburn logo
Championship | Gameweek 18
Nov 29, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Ewood Park
Birmingham logo
Blackburn
4 - 2
Birmingham
Szmodics (47', 52'), Hill (59'), Leonard (90+2')
Tronstad (31'), Travis (33'), Wharton (80'), Leonard (87')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Dembele (63', 78')
Aiwu (28'), Bielik (35')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Championship clash between Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Birmingham 2-1 Sheff Weds
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Blackburn Rovers 2-1 Birmingham City

Blackburn had to dig deep at points to hold onto their lead against Stoke, and their counter-attacking abilities could pay dividends once again against a Birmingham side who have been more expansive since the arrival of Rooney. Blues will have one eye on the home clash with relegation-threatened Rotherham United on Saturday as another must-win, and in the meantime we expect the visitors to show their defensive frailties on the road at Ewood Park. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Blackburn Rovers win with a probability of 52.82%. A win for Birmingham City had a probability of 23.67% and a draw had a probability of 23.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Blackburn Rovers win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.12%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.76%) and 2-0 (8.89%). The likeliest Birmingham City win was 0-1 (6.32%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.1%). The actual scoreline of 4-2 was predicted with a 1.4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Blackburn Rovers would win this match.

Result
Blackburn RoversDrawBirmingham City
52.82% (0.997 1) 23.52% (0.085999999999999 0.09) 23.67% (-1.078 -1.08)
Both teams to score 55.12% (-1.504 -1.5)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.33% (-1.421 -1.42)45.68% (1.429 1.43)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.01% (-1.367 -1.37)68% (1.373 1.37)
Blackburn Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.74% (-0.157 -0.16)17.26% (0.162 0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.42% (-0.279 -0.28)47.59% (0.286 0.29)
Birmingham City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.62% (-1.686 -1.69)33.39% (1.691 1.69)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
29.99% (-1.895 -1.9)70.01% (1.901 1.9)
Score Analysis
    Blackburn Rovers 52.82%
    Birmingham City 23.67%
    Draw 23.51%
Blackburn RoversDrawBirmingham City
1-0 @ 10.12% (0.548 0.55)
2-1 @ 9.76% (0.043000000000001 0.04)
2-0 @ 8.89% (0.44 0.44)
3-1 @ 5.71% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-0 @ 5.21% (0.231 0.23)
3-2 @ 3.13% (-0.152 -0.15)
4-1 @ 2.51% (-0.015 -0.02)
4-0 @ 2.29% (0.09 0.09)
4-2 @ 1.38% (-0.074 -0.07)
Other @ 3.83%
Total : 52.82%
1-1 @ 11.1% (0.11 0.11)
0-0 @ 5.76% (0.343 0.34)
2-2 @ 5.35% (-0.229 -0.23)
3-3 @ 1.15% (-0.112 -0.11)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 23.51%
0-1 @ 6.32% (0.095 0.09)
1-2 @ 6.09% (-0.227 -0.23)
0-2 @ 3.47% (-0.11 -0.11)
1-3 @ 2.23% (-0.192 -0.19)
2-3 @ 1.96% (-0.18 -0.18)
0-3 @ 1.27% (-0.102 -0.1)
Other @ 2.33%
Total : 23.67%

How you voted: Blackburn vs Birmingham

Blackburn Rovers
75.0%
Draw
22.2%
Birmingham City
2.8%
36
Head to Head
Apr 1, 2023 3pm
Jan 31, 2023 7.45pm
Fourth Round Replays
Birmingham
0-1
Blackburn
Trusty (100' og.)
Jan 28, 2023 3pm
Oct 22, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 17
Blackburn
2-1
Birmingham
Gallagher (17'), Wharton (42')
Hogan (81')
May 7, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 46
Birmingham
1-2
Blackburn
Pedersen (78')
Buckley (29'), Brereton Diaz (45')
Edun (43')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!