MX23RW : Wednesday, May 22 04:24:25| >> :300:86500:86500:
Adelaide United
Brisbane Roar
Central Coast Mariners
Macarthur
Melbourne City
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
Perth Glory
Sydney FC
Wellington Phoenix
Western Sydney Wanderers
Western United
Newcastle Jets
Australian A-League | Gameweek 25
Apr 19, 2024 at 10.45am UK
McDonald Jones Stadium
Wellington Phoenix

Newcastle Jets
1 - 1
Wellington

Paulsen (15' og.)
Timmins (17'), Cancar (65'), Jenkinson (66'), Ingham (90+6')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Barbarouses (71')
Wootton (68')
Coverage of the Australian A-League clash between Newcastle Jets and Wellington Phoenix.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Brisbane Roar 0-2 Newcastle Jets
Saturday, April 13 at 8.30am in Australian A-League
Last Game: Wellington 1-0 Victory
Friday, April 12 at 8am in Australian A-League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Newcastle Jets win with a probability of 44.7%. A win for Wellington Phoenix had a probability of 32.7% and a draw had a probability of 22.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Newcastle Jets win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.89%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (6.39%) and 2-0 (5.81%). The likeliest Wellington Phoenix win was 1-2 (7.48%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.78%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 9.8% likelihood.

Result
Newcastle JetsDrawWellington Phoenix
44.7% (0.151 0.15) 22.6% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02) 32.7% (-0.13 -0.13)
Both teams to score 65.63% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
65.01% (0.036000000000001 0.04)34.98% (-0.031999999999996 -0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
43.03% (0.039000000000001 0.04)56.97% (-0.036000000000001 -0.04)
Newcastle Jets Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.76% (0.070999999999998 0.07)16.24% (-0.068999999999999 -0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
54.25% (0.129 0.13)45.75% (-0.126 -0.13)
Wellington Phoenix Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.35% (-0.054000000000002 -0.05)21.65% (0.058 0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
45.22% (-0.085000000000001 -0.09)54.77% (0.088000000000001 0.09)
Score Analysis
    Newcastle Jets 44.7%
    Wellington Phoenix 32.7%
    Draw 22.6%
Newcastle JetsDrawWellington Phoenix
2-1 @ 8.89% (0.012 0.01)
1-0 @ 6.39% (0.0040000000000004 0)
2-0 @ 5.81% (0.018 0.02)
3-1 @ 5.39% (0.02 0.02)
3-2 @ 4.12% (0.008 0.01)
3-0 @ 3.52% (0.02 0.02)
4-1 @ 2.45% (0.015 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.87% (0.008 0.01)
4-0 @ 1.6% (0.013 0.01)
4-3 @ 0.96% (0.002 0)
Other @ 3.71%
Total : 44.7%
1-1 @ 9.78% (-0.010000000000002 -0.01)
2-2 @ 6.8% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-0 @ 3.51% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-3 @ 2.1%
Other @ 0.41%
Total : 22.6%
1-2 @ 7.48% (-0.021 -0.02)
0-1 @ 5.38% (-0.018 -0.02)
0-2 @ 4.12% (-0.021 -0.02)
1-3 @ 3.82% (-0.017 -0.02)
2-3 @ 3.47% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
0-3 @ 2.1% (-0.015 -0.01)
1-4 @ 1.46% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
2-4 @ 1.33% (-0.0050000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 3.55%
Total : 32.7%

Head to Head
Jan 27, 2024 7am
Gameweek 14
Newcastle Jets
1-2
Wellington
Buhagiar (80')
Stamatelopoulos (23'), Natta (77')
Rufer (5' pen.), Zawada (87')
Al-Taay (43'), Pennington (45+3'), Rufer (85')
Dec 9, 2023 6.30am
Gameweek 7
Wellington
0-3
Newcastle Jets

Rufer (45+1'), Barbarouses (90+1')
Stamatelopoulos (4', 47'), Taylor (43')
Cancar (29')
Mar 4, 2023 2am
Gameweek 19
Wellington
2-1
Newcastle Jets
Elliot (40'), Zawada (45+6' pen.)
Saito (51')
Oct 22, 2022 7am
Mar 18, 2022 8.45am
Gameweek 19
Newcastle Jets
4-0
Wellington
Boumal (51', 63'), Mikeltadze (67'), Babalj (83')
Al-Taay (35'), Mikeltadze (77')

Laws (4'), Elliot (74')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Central Coast MarinersCentral Coast27174649272255
2Wellington PhoenixWellington27158442261653
3Melbourne VictoryVictory271012543331042
4Sydney FCSydney FC271251052411141
5Macarthur2711884548-341
6Melbourne CityMelbourne City271161050381239
7Western Sydney WanderersWestern Sydney27114124448-437
8Adelaide UnitedAdelaide United2795135253-132
9Brisbane RoarBrisbane Roar2786134255-1330
10Newcastle JetsNewcastle Jets27610113947-828
11Western UnitedWestern Utd2775153655-1926
12Perth GloryPerth Glory2757154669-2322


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!