Given that only two sides have picked up fewer points than Clermont and Ajaccio across the past 10 games, Sunday's clash looks destined to be a cagey affair.
With that in mind, we expect Clermont and Ajaccio to play out a goalless draw at the Stade Gabriel-Montpied, with the visitors failing to score for an eighth time in 10 league outings.
Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Clermont win with a probability of 37.11%. A win for Ajaccio had a probability of 34.38% and a draw had a probability of 28.5%.
The most likely scoreline for a Clermont win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.95%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (7.75%) and 2-0 (6.97%). The likeliest Ajaccio win was 0-1 (11.38%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.28%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 7.8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Clermont would win this match.