MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:22:43| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Leicester logo
Championship | Gameweek 20
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
King Power Stadium
Plymouth Argyle
Leicester
4 - 0
Plymouth
Mavididi (14' pen., 52'), Daka (49'), Ndidi (55')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Gibson (42'), Miller (44'), Galloway (67')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Leicester City and Plymouth Argyle, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: West Brom 1-2 Leicester
Saturday, December 2 at 12.30pm in Championship
Last Game: Plymouth 2-1 Stoke
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Leicester City 2-0 Plymouth Argyle

Leicester will be delighted to be back at the King Power following two tricky Championship outings, where the home faithful will demand maximum points and a dominant display from the league leaders. Plymouth are one of three sides in the Championship who are yet to taste success on the road this season, so we are expecting the Pilgrims to struggle in the East Midlands on Saturday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Leicester City win with a probability of 65.28%. A draw had a probability of 19.3% and a win for Plymouth Argyle had a probability of 15.42%.

The most likely scoreline for a Leicester City win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.22%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.87%) and 1-0 (9.33%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9%), while for a Plymouth Argyle win it was 1-2 (4.34%). The actual scoreline of 4-0 was predicted with a 4.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Leicester City would win this match.

Result
Leicester CityDrawPlymouth Argyle
65.28% (-0.072000000000003 -0.07) 19.3% (0.047000000000001 0.05) 15.42% (0.023 0.02)
Both teams to score 54.97% (-0.115 -0.12)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.09% (-0.175 -0.18)38.91% (0.173 0.17)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.77% (-0.184 -0.18)61.22% (0.182 0.18)
Leicester City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.82% (-0.070999999999998 -0.07)11.17% (0.068 0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.34% (-0.15100000000001 -0.15)35.66% (0.149 0.15)
Plymouth Argyle Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.89% (-0.079999999999998 -0.08)38.11% (0.078000000000003 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.13% (-0.077999999999999 -0.08)74.87% (0.076999999999998 0.08)
Score Analysis
    Leicester City 65.27%
    Plymouth Argyle 15.42%
    Draw 19.3%
Leicester CityDrawPlymouth Argyle
2-0 @ 10.22% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
2-1 @ 9.87% (0.004999999999999 0)
1-0 @ 9.33% (0.048999999999999 0.05)
3-0 @ 7.47% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
3-1 @ 7.21% (-0.017 -0.02)
4-0 @ 4.09% (-0.012 -0.01)
4-1 @ 3.95% (-0.02 -0.02)
3-2 @ 3.48% (-0.015 -0.02)
4-2 @ 1.91% (-0.014 -0.01)
5-0 @ 1.79% (-0.01 -0.01)
5-1 @ 1.73% (-0.013 -0.01)
Other @ 4.23%
Total : 65.27%
1-1 @ 9% (0.029 0.03)
2-2 @ 4.76% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-0 @ 4.26% (0.035 0.04)
3-3 @ 1.12% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 19.3%
1-2 @ 4.34% (0.0049999999999999 0)
0-1 @ 4.11% (0.024999999999999 0.02)
0-2 @ 1.98% (0.008 0.01)
2-3 @ 1.53% (-0.006 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.4% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 2.06%
Total : 15.42%

How you voted: Leicester vs Plymouth

Leicester City
97.1%
Draw
2.9%
Plymouth Argyle
0.0%
35
Head to Head
Feb 20, 2010 3pm
Plymouth
1-1
Leicester
Noone (39')
Arnason (26')
Arnason (32' og.)
Brown (54'), Gallagher (78')
Nov 21, 2009 3pm
Feb 9, 2008 3pm
Leicester
0-1
Plymouth

Howard (30'), Hume (78'), Laczko (90')
Halmosi (34')
Connolly (45')
Sep 1, 2007 3pm
Apr 9, 2007 3pm
Plymouth
3-0
Leicester
Halmosi (15'), Ebanks-Blake (46'), Hayles (62')

Jarrett (62')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!