MX23RW : Monday, February 26 14:23:21| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Plymouth Argyle
Championship | Gameweek 19
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Home Park
Stoke logo
Plymouth
2 - 1
Stoke
Bundu (43'), Randell (90+7')
Houghton (7'), Schumacher (8')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Campbell (23')
Vidigal (57'), Pearson (63')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Plymouth Argyle and Stoke City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Coventry 1-0 Plymouth
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: QPR 4-2 Stoke
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in Championship

We said: Plymouth Argyle 2-1 Stoke City

Plymouth are continuing to lean on their home form significantly to keep them out of trouble in the Championship, and we are expecting another strong performance from the Pilgrims at Home Park this weekend. Stoke were hit with questionable refereeing decisions and a load of suspensions to key players at QPR last time out, meaning we cannot envisage the Potters earning coming out on top in Devon. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Stoke City win with a probability of 42.22%. A win for Plymouth Argyle had a probability of 34.28% and a draw had a probability of 23.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Stoke City win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.83%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (7.11%) and 0-2 (5.94%). The likeliest Plymouth Argyle win was 2-1 (7.85%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.56%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 7.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Plymouth Argyle in this match.

Result
Plymouth ArgyleDrawStoke City
34.28% (-0.0030000000000001 -0) 23.5%42.22% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Both teams to score 62.82%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.11%38.89% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.79%61.21% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Plymouth Argyle Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.37% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)22.63% (0.0010000000000012 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.75% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)56.25%
Stoke City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.19%18.81% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.77% (0.0030000000000001 0)50.23% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Score Analysis
    Plymouth Argyle 34.28%
    Stoke City 42.22%
    Draw 23.5%
Plymouth ArgyleDrawStoke City
2-1 @ 7.85% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-0 @ 6.32% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
2-0 @ 4.7%
3-1 @ 3.89%
3-2 @ 3.25%
3-0 @ 2.33%
4-1 @ 1.45%
4-2 @ 1.21%
Other @ 3.29%
Total : 34.28%
1-1 @ 10.56%
2-2 @ 6.56%
0-0 @ 4.26%
3-3 @ 1.81%
Other @ 0.31%
Total : 23.5%
1-2 @ 8.83%
0-1 @ 7.11%
0-2 @ 5.94%
1-3 @ 4.92%
2-3 @ 3.65% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 3.31% (0.0010000000000003 0)
1-4 @ 2.05%
2-4 @ 1.53%
0-4 @ 1.38%
Other @ 3.5%
Total : 42.22%

How you voted: Plymouth vs Stoke

Plymouth Argyle
67.9%
Draw
10.7%
Stoke City
21.4%
28
Head to Head
Dec 29, 2007 3pm
Plymouth
2-2
Stoke
Timar (67'), Ebanks-Blake (44')
Norris (73')
Shawcross (57'), Cresswell (8')
Fuller (86')
Hoult (82')
Sep 22, 2007 3pm
Stoke
3-2
Plymouth
Lawrence (66'), Fuller (73'), Seip (10' og.)
Seip (52'), Fallon (59')
Timar (37'), Nalis (76'), Buzsaky (79')
Mar 3, 2007 3pm
Aug 26, 2006 3pm
Stoke
1-1
Plymouth
Sidibe (39')
Hayles (78')
Norris (45'), Doumbé (85')
Feb 14, 2006 3pm
Stoke
0-0
Plymouth
Chadwick (83')
Doumbé (15'), Barness (81')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!