MX23RW : Friday, April 19 06:08:20| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
League One | Gameweek 35
Feb 24, 2024 at 3pm UK
Memorial Stadium
Carlisle United

Bristol Rovers
2 - 1
Carlisle

Martin (34'), Sinclair (51')
Hunt (22'), Thomas (50'), Marquis (90+4')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Vela (16')
Neal (56'), Armstrong (90+3')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Bristol Rovers and Carlisle United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Northampton 3-1 Bristol Rovers
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Carlisle 0-4 Cambridge
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in League One

We said: Bristol Rovers 3-1 Carlisle United

Having lost seven of their last 10 matches, Bristol Rovers will be relishing facing the worst team in the division on recent form. We can envisage them cutting loose with a few goals and a comfortable victory. Carlisle have lost seven successive games and appear doomed for an instant return to League Two, but they are likely to stick with club legend Simpson after defying the odds to reach this level of the footballing pyramid in the first place. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Bristol Rovers win with a probability of 55.75%. A draw has a probability of 23% and a win for Carlisle United has a probability of 21.25%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bristol Rovers win is 1-0 with a probability of 10.63%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (9.86%) and 2-0 (9.62%). The likeliest drawn scoreline is 1-1 (10.89%), while for a Carlisle United win it is 0-1 (6.03%).

Result
Bristol RoversDrawCarlisle United
55.75% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03) 23% (0.0070000000000014 0.01) 21.25% (0.023 0.02)
Both teams to score 53.62% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.86% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)46.14% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.56% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)68.44% (-0.0069999999999908 -0.01)
Bristol Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.62% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)16.38% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
53.98% (-0.012 -0.01)46.02% (0.012999999999998 0.01)
Carlisle United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.12% (0.029000000000011 0.03)35.88% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
27.34% (0.030000000000001 0.03)72.65% (-0.028999999999996 -0.03)
Score Analysis
    Bristol Rovers 55.75%
    Carlisle United 21.25%
    Draw 22.99%
Bristol RoversDrawCarlisle United
1-0 @ 10.63%
2-1 @ 9.86%
2-0 @ 9.62% (-0.0080000000000009 -0.01)
3-1 @ 5.94% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
3-0 @ 5.8% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.05% (0.0020000000000002 0)
4-1 @ 2.69% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
4-0 @ 2.62% (-0.004 -0)
4-2 @ 1.38%
5-1 @ 0.97% (-0.001 -0)
5-0 @ 0.95% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 2.24%
Total : 55.75%
1-1 @ 10.89%
0-0 @ 5.88% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
2-2 @ 5.05% (0.0039999999999996 0)
3-3 @ 1.04% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 22.99%
0-1 @ 6.03% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-2 @ 5.59% (0.0049999999999999 0)
0-2 @ 3.09% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-3 @ 1.91% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-3 @ 1.73% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-3 @ 1.06% (0.002 0)
Other @ 1.86%
Total : 21.25%

How you voted: Bristol Rovers vs Carlisle

Bristol Rovers
80.0%
Draw
13.3%
Carlisle United
6.7%
15
Head to Head
Nov 11, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 17
Carlisle
0-1
Bristol Rovers

Barclay (5'), Garner (14'), Moxon (90+5'), Gibson (90+1')
Lavelle (38' og.)
Woods (14'), Friend (45+2'), Collins (51')
Crama (73')
Mar 26, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 39
Carlisle
1-0
Bristol Rovers
Dennis (72')
Armer (65'), Dickenson (90+6'), Dennis (90+6'), Patrick (90+7')

Taylor (90+6'), Saunders (90+8')
Oct 9, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 11
Bristol Rovers
3-0
Carlisle
Evans (35'), Nicholson (86'), Saunders (90+4')
Harries (23'), Saunders (76'), Thomas (88'), Whelan (90')

Feeney (16'), Devine (26'), Alessandra (38'), Armer (60'), Guy (61'), Mellish (74')
Mar 28, 2016 3pm
Carlisle
3-2
Bristol Rovers
Stacey (11'), Wyke (49'), Kennedy (85')
Miller (74'), Ibehre (90'), Ellis (90')
Bodin (27'), Taylor (57')
Parkes (51'), Lines (72')
Nov 14, 2015 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4421101376542273
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!