MX23RW : Sunday, July 3 14:01:05| >> :300:86500:86500:
May 23, 2022 at 7.45pm UK at Showgrounds
Sligo
2 - 1
Derry
Buckley (20'), Keogh (90+4')
(79'), (87')
FT(HT: 1-1)
McGonigle (44')
(74')
Coverage of the League of Ireland Premier clash between Sligo Rovers and Derry City.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: UCD 1-1 Sligo
Friday, May 27 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Next Game: Sligo vs. Finn Harps
Saturday, June 18 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Last Game: Derry 2-2 Finn Harps
Friday, May 27 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Next Game: Derry vs. Drogheda
Friday, June 17 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sligo Rovers win with a probability of 37.04%. A win for Derry City had a probability of 34.67% and a draw had a probability of 28.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sligo Rovers win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.7%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (7.8%) and 2-0 (6.9%). The likeliest Derry City win was 0-1 (11.22%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.23%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 7.8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Sligo Rovers would win this match.

Result
Sligo RoversDrawDerry City
37.04% (1.035 1.04) 28.29% (-0.14 -0.14) 34.67% (-0.895 -0.89)
Both teams to score 46.89% (0.365 0.37)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
40.65% (0.469 0.47)59.34% (-0.47 -0.47)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
20.26% (0.36 0.36)79.73% (-0.361 -0.36)
Sligo Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.24% (0.88500000000001 0.89)30.76% (-0.885 -0.88)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.97% (1.032 1.03)67.03% (-1.033 -1.03)
Derry City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.72% (-0.34399999999999 -0.34)32.27% (0.343 0.34)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.22% (-0.391 -0.39)68.77% (0.39 0.39)
Score Analysis
    Sligo Rovers 37.04%
    Derry City 34.66%
    Draw 28.28%
Sligo RoversDrawDerry City
1-0 @ 11.7% (0.08 0.08)
2-1 @ 7.8% (0.167 0.17)
2-0 @ 6.9% (0.211 0.21)
3-1 @ 3.07% (0.138 0.14)
3-0 @ 2.71% (0.146 0.15)
3-2 @ 1.73% (0.063 0.06)
4-1 @ 0.9% (0.062 0.06)
Other @ 2.22%
Total : 37.04%
1-1 @ 13.23% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)
0-0 @ 9.93% (-0.172 -0.17)
2-2 @ 4.41% (0.054 0.05)
Other @ 0.71%
Total : 28.28%
0-1 @ 11.22% (-0.31 -0.31)
1-2 @ 7.48% (-0.092 -0.09)
0-2 @ 6.35% (-0.237 -0.24)
1-3 @ 2.82% (-0.062 -0.06)
0-3 @ 2.39% (-0.113 -0.11)
2-3 @ 1.66% (0.0050000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 2.73%
Total : 34.66%

How you voted: Sligo vs Derry

Sligo Rovers
60.0%
Draw
20.0%
Derry City
20.0%
10
Head to Head
Feb 28, 2022 7.45pm
Derry
0-0
Sligo

Akintunde (82')

Bolger (67'), McDonnell (84'), Fitzgerald (89')
Nov 12, 2021 7.45pm
Derry
2-0
Sligo
McGonigle (18', 75')
Akintunde (45+2'), (80')

(71')
Aug 21, 2021 7.45pm
Sligo
1-2
Derry
Kenny (42')
Byrne (40'), (44'), Mahon (64'), (76')
Thomson (11'), Boyce (88')
Jun 21, 2021 7.45pm
Derry
1-1
Sligo
Boyce (85')
McJannett (89')
Gibson (55')
Bolger (60'), Mahon (78')
Apr 24, 2021 6pm
Sligo
0-1
Derry

Cawley (61'), Buckley (71')
Patching (50' pen.)
(61')

Did you know...?
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Shamrock RoversShamrock23163437142351
2DundalkDundalk21118231141741
3Derry CityDerry22117438211740
4St Patrick's AthleticSt Patrick's23105832211135
5Sligo RoversSligo228863124732
6Bohemians216872728-126
7Shelbourne2174101827-925
8Drogheda UnitedDrogheda215792235-1322
9Finn HarpsFinn Harps2126131737-2012
10University College DublinUCD2116141244-329

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!