MX23RW : Friday, April 19 04:43:16| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Championship | Gameweek 34
Feb 24, 2024 at 3pm UK
Hillsborough Stadium
Bristol City

Sheff Weds
2 - 1
Bristol City

Ugbo (16', 45')
Bernard (29'), Johnson (70')
Bernard (78')
FT(HT: 2-1)
Knight (25')
Dickie (34'), Gardner-Hickman (53'), Roberts (61')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Bristol City 0-1 QPR
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Bristol City

Sheffield Wednesday are certainly gaining confidence in their fight for survival, and returning to home turf against a Bristol City side on the back of a disappointing result, we fancy them to put three more points on the board on Saturday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Sheffield Wednesday win with a probability of 38.97%. A win for Bristol City has a probability of 34.02% and a draw has a probability of 27%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sheffield Wednesday win is 1-0 with a probability of 10.73%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (8.32%) and 2-0 (6.97%). The likeliest Bristol City win is 0-1 (9.88%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (12.82%).

Result
Sheffield WednesdayDrawBristol City
38.97% (0.175 0.18) 27.01% (0.058 0.06) 34.02% (-0.233 -0.23)
Both teams to score 50.67% (-0.212 -0.21)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.41% (-0.252 -0.25)54.58% (0.251 0.25)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.07% (-0.212 -0.21)75.93% (0.212 0.21)
Sheffield Wednesday Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.69% (-0.018999999999991 -0.02)27.31% (0.019000000000002 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.24% (-0.021999999999998 -0.02)62.76% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
Bristol City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.7% (-0.274 -0.27)30.29% (0.274 0.27)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.53% (-0.33 -0.33)66.47% (0.33 0.33)
Score Analysis
    Sheffield Wednesday 38.96%
    Bristol City 34.02%
    Draw 27.01%
Sheffield WednesdayDrawBristol City
1-0 @ 10.73% (0.1 0.1)
2-1 @ 8.32% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-0 @ 6.97% (0.06 0.06)
3-1 @ 3.6% (0.0020000000000002 0)
3-0 @ 3.02% (0.025 0.02)
3-2 @ 2.15% (-0.015 -0.02)
4-1 @ 1.17%
4-0 @ 0.98% (0.007 0.01)
Other @ 2.03%
Total : 38.96%
1-1 @ 12.82% (0.02 0.02)
0-0 @ 8.27% (0.081 0.08)
2-2 @ 4.97% (-0.032 -0.03)
Other @ 0.94%
Total : 27.01%
0-1 @ 9.88% (0.022 0.02)
1-2 @ 7.66% (-0.046 -0.05)
0-2 @ 5.9% (-0.032 -0.03)
1-3 @ 3.05% (-0.042 -0.04)
0-3 @ 2.35% (-0.03 -0.03)
2-3 @ 1.98% (-0.028 -0.03)
1-4 @ 0.91% (-0.019 -0.02)
Other @ 2.3%
Total : 34.02%

How you voted: Sheff Weds vs Bristol City

Sheffield Wednesday
56.3%
Draw
21.9%
Bristol City
21.9%
32
Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 15
Bristol City
1-0
Sheff Weds
Dickie (64')
Sykes (45+2'), Pring (67'), Gardner-Hickman (84')

Gassama (42')
Bannan (32')
Apr 17, 2021 12.30pm
Sep 27, 2020 1pm
Gameweek 3
Bristol City
2-0
Sheff Weds
Rowe (60'), Paterson (90+3')
Bakinson (34'), Paterson (44')

Harris (71')
Jun 28, 2020 12pm
Dec 22, 2019 12pm
Gameweek 23
Sheff Weds
1-0
Bristol City
Bannan (85' pen.)
Luongo (70')

Smith (11'), Palmer (81'), Bentley (84')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
2Leicester CityLeicester422841079384188
3Leeds UnitedLeeds43269876344287
4Southampton42259884543084
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4320121166422472
6Norwich CityNorwich432181476601671
7Hull City421811136254865
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough43189166156563
10Preston North EndPreston43189165660-463
11Cardiff CityCardiff43185204860-1259
12Bristol City431610175046458
13Sunderland43168195250256
14Swansea CitySwansea431411185362-953
15Watford431216155958152
16Millwall431311194255-1350
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn431310205771-1449
18Plymouth ArgylePlymouth431212195866-848
19Queens Park RangersQPR431211204057-1747
20Stoke CityStoke431211204160-1947
21Birmingham CityBirmingham43129224864-1645
22Huddersfield TownHuddersfield43917174770-2344
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds43128233667-3144
RRotherham UnitedRotherham43411283285-5323


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!