MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 06:17:17| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Montpellier
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 8
Nov 29, 2023 at 6pm UK
Stade de la Mosson
Clermont Foot
Montpellier
1 - 1
Clermont
Savanier (87' pen.)
Der Zakarian (28'), Fayad (40'), Sainte-Luce (50'), Omeragic (90+4'), Esteve (90+8'), Leroy (90+7'), Leroy (90+8')
Der Zakarian (28'), Esteve (90+8')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Gonalons (7')
Oumar Konate (8'), Caufriez (38'), Pelmard (74'), Keita (76'), Gonalons (90+8'), Caufriez (90+8')
Borges (90+8')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Montpellier HSC and Clermont, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Lorient 0-3 Montpellier
Sunday, October 1 at 4.05pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Clermont 0-0 PSG
Saturday, September 30 at 4pm in Ligue 1

We said: Montpellier HSC 2-1 Clermont

Montpellier HSC have made a solid start to the Ligue 1 season, while Clermont have looked very poor barring their last match against Paris Saint-Germain. As such, we expect MHSC to get their first home win of the season on the board this Sunday, consolidating their place in the top half of the Ligue 1 table. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Montpellier HSC win with a probability of 42.08%. A win for Clermont had a probability of 31.81% and a draw had a probability of 26.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Montpellier HSC win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.35%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.81%) and 2-0 (7.35%). The likeliest Clermont win was 0-1 (8.75%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.41%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 12.4% likelihood.

Result
Montpellier HSCDrawClermont
42.08% (0.925 0.92) 26.1% (-0.318 -0.32) 31.81% (-0.608 -0.61)
Both teams to score 52.93% (0.80099999999999 0.8)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
48.58% (1.126 1.13)51.42% (-1.127 -1.13)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.76% (0.974 0.97)73.23% (-0.97500000000001 -0.98)
Montpellier HSC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.79% (0.979 0.98)24.2% (-0.979 -0.98)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.46% (1.369 1.37)58.54% (-1.369 -1.37)
Clermont Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.82% (0.15599999999999 0.16)30.17% (-0.156 -0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.67% (0.187 0.19)66.32% (-0.18600000000001 -0.19)
Score Analysis
    Montpellier HSC 42.08%
    Clermont 31.81%
    Draw 26.1%
Montpellier HSCDrawClermont
1-0 @ 10.35% (-0.18 -0.18)
2-1 @ 8.81% (0.141 0.14)
2-0 @ 7.35% (0.086 0.09)
3-1 @ 4.16% (0.181 0.18)
3-0 @ 3.48% (0.137 0.14)
3-2 @ 2.5% (0.119 0.12)
4-1 @ 1.48% (0.104 0.1)
4-0 @ 1.23% (0.081 0.08)
Other @ 2.73%
Total : 42.08%
1-1 @ 12.41% (-0.15 -0.15)
0-0 @ 7.3% (-0.335 -0.34)
2-2 @ 5.28% (0.107 0.11)
3-3 @ 1% (0.052 0.05)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 26.1%
0-1 @ 8.75% (-0.361 -0.36)
1-2 @ 7.44% (-0.058000000000001 -0.06)
0-2 @ 5.24% (-0.192 -0.19)
1-3 @ 2.97% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-3 @ 2.11% (0.052 0.05)
0-3 @ 2.09% (-0.068 -0.07)
Other @ 3.2%
Total : 31.81%

How you voted: Montpellier vs Clermont

Montpellier HSC
90.9%
Draw
0.0%
Clermont
9.1%
11
Head to Head
Mar 19, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 28
Montpellier
2-1
Clermont
Wahi (61', 72')
Khaoui (32')
Nov 6, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 14
Clermont
1-1
Montpellier
Andric (62')
Savanier (10' pen.)
May 8, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 36
Clermont
2-1
Montpellier
Rashani (4'), Bayo (69' pen.)
Abdul Samed (35'), Gastien (60')
Chotard (32')
Mollet (24'), Dall'Oglio (25'), Souquet (71'), Leroy (74'), Chotard (74')
Dec 5, 2021 2pm
Gameweek 17
Montpellier
1-0
Clermont
Wahi (28')
Mavididi (38'), Sambia (50'), Chotard (90')

Abdul Samed (51'), Abdul Samed (90+3'), Gastien (90+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG22165153183553
2Brest23127434181643
3Nice2211652215739
4Lille22108432171538
5MonacoMonaco2211564132938
6Lens2210662821736
7Rennes229763426834
8Reims229492830-231
9Marseille227962924530
10Lyon2384112535-1028
11NantesNantes2374122334-1125
12StrasbourgStrasbourg2367102335-1225
13Le HavreLe Havre225982328-524
14Toulouse225892230-823
15Montpellier HSCMontpellier225892427-322
16Lorient2357113144-1322
17Metz2345141937-1817
18Clermont2237121636-2016

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!