MX23RW : Wednesday, May 29 14:02:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Barnsley
League One | Gameweek 44
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
Oakwell Stadium
Reading logo

Barnsley
2 - 2
Reading

Phillips (29'), Jalo (83')
Phillips (64')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Smith (21'), Wing (81')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Barnsley and Reading, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Stevenage 2-1 Barnsley
Tuesday, April 9 at 7.45pm in League One
Last Game: Bristol Rovers 0-2 Reading
Tuesday, April 9 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Barnsley 1-1 Reading

Barnsley will be keen to return to winning ways following back-to-back defeats, but we think that they will be held to a draw by a Reading side that has lost just one of their last five matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Barnsley win with a probability of 56.1%. A win for Reading had a probability of 22.31% and a draw had a probability of 21.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Barnsley win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.81%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.3%) and 2-0 (8.27%). The likeliest Reading win was 1-2 (5.83%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.84%). The actual scoreline of 2-2 was predicted with a 5.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a draw in this match.

Result
BarnsleyDrawReading
56.1% (-0.014000000000003 -0.01) 21.59% (0.0039999999999978 0) 22.31% (0.010999999999999 0.01)
Both teams to score 59.99% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.58%38.42% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
39.29% (0.0010000000000048 0)60.71% (0.0019999999999953 0)
Barnsley Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.38% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)13.62% (0.0050000000000008 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
59.23% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)40.77% (0.010000000000005 0.01)
Reading Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.45% (0.010000000000005 0.01)30.55% (-0.0079999999999991 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.22% (0.012999999999998 0.01)66.78% (-0.01100000000001 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Barnsley 56.1%
    Reading 22.32%
    Draw 21.59%
BarnsleyDrawReading
2-1 @ 9.81% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-0 @ 8.3% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
2-0 @ 8.27% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
3-1 @ 6.52% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
3-0 @ 5.5% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-2 @ 3.86% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 3.25% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-0 @ 2.74% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
4-2 @ 1.93%
5-1 @ 1.3% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
5-0 @ 1.09% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 3.56%
Total : 56.1%
1-1 @ 9.84% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-2 @ 5.81% (0.0019999999999998 0)
0-0 @ 4.16% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-3 @ 1.53%
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 21.59%
1-2 @ 5.83% (0.0019999999999998 0)
0-1 @ 4.93% (0.0019999999999998 0)
0-2 @ 2.93% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-3 @ 2.31% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-3 @ 2.3% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 1.16% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.87%
Total : 22.32%

How you voted: Barnsley vs Reading

Barnsley
40.0%
Draw
30.0%
Reading
30.0%
10
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 21
Reading
1-3
Barnsley
Knibbs (4')
Craig (11'), Selles (12'), Smith (39')
Kane (39' pen.), Cole (80'), Watters (87')
Cadden (14'), Cole (61'), Styles (63'), Phillips (67'), Kane (90+4')
Apr 2, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 40
Barnsley
1-1
Reading
Morris (5')
Andersen (11'), Brittain (66')
Laurent (82')
Swift (34'), Ince (56')
Oct 16, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 12
Reading
1-0
Barnsley
Swift (77')

Brittain (29'), Gomes (56')
Apr 2, 2021 5.30pm
Gameweek 39
Barnsley
1-1
Reading
Mowatt (61' pen.)
Woodrow (18'), Palmer (25'), Halme (68')
Ejaria (34')
Sep 19, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 2
Reading
2-0
Barnsley
Meite (67'), Olise (76')
Laurent (49')

Andersen (23'), Ritzmaier (45'), Mowatt (74')
Helik (42'), Andersen (68')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!