MX23RW : Tuesday, June 28 14:23:01| >> :300:86500:86500:
Angers
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Troyes
May 21, 2022 at 8pm UK at Stade Velodrome
Marseille
4 - 0
Strasbourg
Gerson (32', 89'), Under (73'), Bakambu (90+2')
Caleta-Car (34'), Gueye (86')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Sissoko (75')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Ligue 1 clash between Marseille and Strasbourg, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Marseille 4-0 Strasbourg
Saturday, May 21 at 8pm in Ligue 1

We said: Marseille 1-1 Strasbourg

Marseille's levels of creative ingenuity and attacking incisiveness decrease dramatically when Payet is not on the pitch, and Strasbourg would do well to capitalise on this opportunity at a ground where the hosts have not enjoyed a strong period of success. That being said, Stephan's side have not dominated many games in recent memory and have developed an affinity for draws on the road, so we can envisage this battle ending all square as Marseille clinch a top-three spot, while Strasbourg will nervously learn of results elsewhere. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Marseille win with a probability of 49.05%. A win for Strasbourg had a probability of 25.75% and a draw had a probability of 25.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Marseille win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.24%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.42%) and 2-0 (8.83%). The likeliest Strasbourg win was 0-1 (7.63%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.98%). The actual scoreline of 4-0 was predicted with a 1.8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Marseille would win this match.

Result
MarseilleDrawStrasbourg
49.05% (1.552 1.55) 25.2% (-0.059000000000001 -0.06) 25.75% (-1.496 -1.5)
Both teams to score 51.94% (-1.074 -1.07)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
49.09% (-0.808 -0.81)50.9% (0.805 0.81)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
27.22% (-0.713 -0.71)72.78% (0.71000000000001 0.71)
Marseille Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.23% (0.336 0.34)20.77% (-0.339 -0.34)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.58% (0.529 0.53)53.41% (-0.532 -0.53)
Strasbourg Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.56% (-1.642 -1.64)34.44% (1.638 1.64)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.85% (-1.787 -1.79)71.15% (1.784 1.78)
Score Analysis
    Marseille 49.05%
    Strasbourg 25.75%
    Draw 25.19%
MarseilleDrawStrasbourg
1-0 @ 11.24% (0.47 0.47)
2-1 @ 9.42% (0.08 0.08)
2-0 @ 8.83% (0.458 0.46)
3-1 @ 4.93% (0.092 0.09)
3-0 @ 4.63% (0.285 0.29)
3-2 @ 2.63% (-0.068 -0.07)
4-1 @ 1.94% (0.056 0.06)
4-0 @ 1.82% (0.129 0.13)
4-2 @ 1.03% (-0.016 -0.02)
Other @ 2.57%
Total : 49.05%
1-1 @ 11.98% (-0.02 -0.02)
0-0 @ 7.15% (0.229 0.23)
2-2 @ 5.02% (-0.185 -0.19)
3-3 @ 0.93% (-0.069 -0.07)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 25.19%
0-1 @ 7.63% (-0.094 -0.09)
1-2 @ 6.39% (-0.305 -0.31)
0-2 @ 4.06% (-0.238 -0.24)
1-3 @ 2.27% (-0.216 -0.22)
2-3 @ 1.78% (-0.15 -0.15)
0-3 @ 1.44% (-0.155 -0.16)
Other @ 2.18%
Total : 25.75%

How you voted: Marseille vs Strasbourg

Marseille
62.5%
Draw
26.4%
Strasbourg
11.1%
72
Head to Head
Dec 12, 2021 4pm
Apr 30, 2021 8pm
Marseille
1-1
Strasbourg
Benedetto (86')
Rongier (55'), Lirola (81'), Milik (90+2'), Gueye (90+3')
Mitrovic (73')
Kone (53'), Diallo (85')
Nov 6, 2020 8pm
Strasbourg
0-1
Marseille
Sanson (72')
Amavi (52'), Kamara (58'), Khaoui (87'), Mandanda (89')
Jan 29, 2020 8.05pm
Marseille
3-1
Strasbourg
Sarr (32'), Payet (43' pen.), Kamara (95')
Lopez (57')
Corgnet (59')
Mitrovic (18'), Simakan (92')
N'Dour (86')

Did you know...?
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Club Friendlies 1
Copa Libertadores
Copa Sudamericana
Argentine Primera Division
Chinese Super League
European Under-19s Championship
European Under-19s Championship
Tables
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ajaccio00000000
2Angers00000000
3Auxerre00000000
4Brest00000000
5Clermont00000000
6Lens00000000
7Lille00000000
8Lorient00000000
9MonacoMonaco00000000
10Montpellier HSCMontpellier00000000
11NantesNantes00000000
12Nice00000000
13Lyon00000000
14Marseille00000000
15Paris Saint-GermainPSG00000000
16Reims00000000
17Rennes00000000
18StrasbourgStrasbourg00000000
19Toulouse00000000
20Troyes00000000

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!