MX23RW : Friday, March 1 17:38:49| >> :120:59418:59418:
Gillingham
FA Cup | Second Round
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
MEMS Priestfield Stadium
Charlton Athletic
Gillingham
2 - 0
Charlton
Bonne (26'), Dieng (30')
Malone (90+4')
FT(HT: 2-0)

May (44'), Ness (56'), Dobson (71')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's FA Cup clash between Gillingham and Charlton Athletic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Gillingham 1-0 AFC Wimbledon
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in League Two
Last Game: Charlton 2-1 Cheltenham
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Gillingham 1-2 Charlton Athletic

Charlton have found good rhythm over the last month and are carrying all the momentum coming into this match. They have been the superior side in this encounter in recent times as well, and we fancy they will be the ones to progress to round three in this competition. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Charlton Athletic win with a probability of 50.16%. A win for Gillingham had a probability of 26.83% and a draw had a probability of 23%.

The most likely scoreline for a Charlton Athletic win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.56%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.31%) and 0-2 (7.53%). The likeliest Gillingham win was 2-1 (6.7%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.55%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 3.7% likelihood.

Result
GillinghamDrawCharlton Athletic
26.83% (-0.0020000000000024 -0) 23.01%50.16% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Both teams to score 60.18%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
59.51%40.49% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.13% (0.0010000000000048 0)62.86% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)
Gillingham Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.91% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)28.08%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.25%63.75% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Charlton Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.68%16.32% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
54.1% (0.00099999999999767 0)45.9% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)
Score Analysis
    Gillingham 26.83%
    Charlton Athletic 50.16%
    Draw 23.01%
GillinghamDrawCharlton Athletic
2-1 @ 6.7% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-0 @ 5.82% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
2-0 @ 3.7%
3-1 @ 2.84%
3-2 @ 2.57%
3-0 @ 1.56%
Other @ 3.65%
Total : 26.83%
1-1 @ 10.55%
2-2 @ 6.07%
0-0 @ 4.58%
3-3 @ 1.55%
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 23.01%
1-2 @ 9.56%
0-1 @ 8.31%
0-2 @ 7.53%
1-3 @ 5.78%
0-3 @ 4.55%
2-3 @ 3.67%
1-4 @ 2.62%
0-4 @ 2.06%
2-4 @ 1.66% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-5 @ 0.95%
Other @ 3.46%
Total : 50.16%

How you voted: Gillingham vs Charlton

Gillingham
16.7%
Draw
33.3%
Charlton Athletic
50.0%
6
Head to Head
Aug 31, 2022 7pm
Group Stage
Charlton
3-0
Gillingham
Walker (15' og.), Henry (52'), Leaburn (59')
Henry (54'), Dench (75')
Mar 15, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 25
Charlton
1-0
Gillingham
Gilbey (40')
Gilbey (32'), Stockley (82')

O'Keefe (86')
Sep 21, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 6
Gillingham
1-1
Charlton
Purrington (56' og.)
Ehmer (48'), Lee (76')
Lee (18')
Feb 13, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 29
Charlton
2-3
Gillingham
Aneke (15'), Stockley (52')
Aneke (68'), Oshilaja (81'), Pearce (90+3')
Aneke (70')
Lee (1'), Ogilvie (37'), Dempsey (86')
Tucker (79'), McKenzie (80')
Nov 21, 2020 1pm
Gameweek 13
Gillingham
1-1
Charlton
Graham (73')
Oliver (66'), Dempsey (84'), Samuel (85'), McKenzie (90+4')
Aneke (82')
Maddison (30'), Gilbey (81'), Maatsen (90+1')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham2611694046-639
9Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
10Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Everton2687112834-625
16Brentford2674153748-1125
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!