MX23RW : Sunday, July 3 14:21:14| >> :300:86500:86500:
May 27, 2022 at 7.45pm UK at Oriel Park
Dundalk
1 - 0
St Patrick's
Kelly (24')
FT(HT: 1-0)

(86')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Friday's League of Ireland Premier clash between Dundalk and St Patrick's Athletic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Dundalk 1-0 St Patrick's
Friday, May 27 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Next Game: Dundalk vs. Shamrock
Friday, June 17 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Last Game: Dundalk 1-0 St Patrick's
Friday, May 27 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Next Game: St Patrick's vs. UCD
Friday, June 17 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier

We said: Dundalk 2-1 St Patrick's Athletic

Given their competitive records this season, this has the potential to be a hard-fought contest, one which could prove pivotal in the race for European qualification. However, we have to back the home side to come through this contest with three points, extending their winning run to four games. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Dundalk win with a probability of 51.75%. A draw had a probability of 25.4% and a win for St Patrick's Athletic had a probability of 22.85%.

The most likely scoreline for a Dundalk win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.7%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.94%) and 2-1 (9.4%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.02%), while for a St Patrick's Athletic win it was 0-1 (7.69%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 12.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Dundalk in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Dundalk.

Result
DundalkDrawSt Patrick's Athletic
51.75% (0.0030000000000001 0) 25.4%22.85% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Both teams to score 48.39% (0.0019999999999953 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.89% (0.00099999999999767 0)54.1% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.47% (0.0019999999999989 0)75.53% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)
Dundalk Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.07% (0.0020000000000095 0)20.92% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.34% (0.0030000000000001 0)53.65% (-0.002999999999993 -0)
St Patrick's Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.19% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)38.81%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.46% (0.0010000000000012 0)75.54% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Score Analysis
    Dundalk 51.75%
    St Patrick's Athletic 22.85%
    Draw 25.4%
DundalkDrawSt Patrick's Athletic
1-0 @ 12.7%
2-0 @ 9.94% (0.0010000000000012 0)
2-1 @ 9.4%
3-0 @ 5.18%
3-1 @ 4.9%
3-2 @ 2.32% (0.0010000000000003 0)
4-0 @ 2.03%
4-1 @ 1.92%
4-2 @ 0.91%
Other @ 2.46%
Total : 51.75%
1-1 @ 12.02%
0-0 @ 8.12% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
2-2 @ 4.45% (0.00099999999999945 0)
Other @ 0.8%
Total : 25.4%
0-1 @ 7.69% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-2 @ 5.69%
0-2 @ 3.64%
1-3 @ 1.8%
2-3 @ 1.4%
0-3 @ 1.15%
Other @ 1.49%
Total : 22.85%

How you voted: Dundalk vs St Patrick's

Dundalk
68.6%
Draw
17.1%
St Patrick's Athletic
14.3%
35
Head to Head
Apr 8, 2022 7.45pm
St Patrick's
0-0
Dundalk

Grivosti (75'), (83'), (90+4')

Sloggett (28'), Kelly (60'), Benson (82'), (90+3'), (90+4')
Oct 25, 2021 7.45pm
St Patrick's
1-0
Dundalk
King (26')
Lewis (54'), Jaros (74')

Patching (62'), Dummigan (89')
Aug 8, 2021 3pm
Dundalk
1-4
St Patrick's
Hoban (25')
Perth (28'), McMillan (73')
Melvin-Lambert (11'), Smith (41', 79'), Forrester (71' pen.)
Desmond (29'), Smith (57'), Bermingham (66'), McCormack (70')
May 28, 2021 7.45pm
St Patrick's
0-2
Dundalk

Bone (14')
Bone (32' og.), McMillan (51')
Sloggett (62'), (77')
Apr 17, 2021 6pm
Dundalk
1-1
St Patrick's
Bone (56')
Bone (40'), Lennon (77'), Forrester (84')

Did you know...?
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Shamrock RoversShamrock23163437142351
2DundalkDundalk21118231141741
3Derry CityDerry22117438211740
4St Patrick's AthleticSt Patrick's23105832211135
5Sligo RoversSligo228863124732
6Bohemians216872728-126
7Shelbourne2174101827-925
8Drogheda UnitedDrogheda215792235-1322
9Finn HarpsFinn Harps2126131737-2012
10University College DublinUCD2116141244-329

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!