MX23RW : Friday, March 1 17:59:50| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Championship | Gameweek 19
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Hillsborough Stadium
Blackburn logo
Sheff Weds
3 - 1
Blackburn
Cadamarteri (5'), Johnson (78'), Windass (90+1')
Bernard (24'), Vaulks (90+4')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Szmodics (65')
Dahl Tomasson (25'), Hill (82')
Dahl Tomasson (0')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn Rovers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sheff Weds 1-1 Leicester
Wednesday, November 29 at 7.45pm in Championship
Last Game: Blackburn 4-2 Birmingham
Wednesday, November 29 at 7.45pm in Championship

We said: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Blackburn Rovers

Sheffield Wednesday can certainly take some confidence from their midweek draw with the league leaders and will hope to turn that into a victory when they host Blackburn at Hillsborough at the weekend, but the visitors are in fine fettle, particularly going forward, and we can only envisage Tomasson's side making it three straight Championship wins. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Blackburn Rovers win with a probability of 41.77%. A win for Sheffield Wednesday had a probability of 33.13% and a draw had a probability of 25.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Blackburn Rovers win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.04%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.88%) and 0-2 (6.78%). The likeliest Sheffield Wednesday win was 1-0 (7.89%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.83%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 3.4% likelihood.

Result
Sheffield WednesdayDrawBlackburn Rovers
33.13% (0.272 0.27) 25.1% (-0.013999999999999 -0.01) 41.77% (-0.259 -0.26)
Both teams to score 56.7% (0.139 0.14)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.27% (0.138 0.14)46.73% (-0.14 -0.14)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31% (0.129 0.13)68.99% (-0.131 -0.13)
Sheffield Wednesday Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.99% (0.23699999999999 0.24)27.01% (-0.239 -0.24)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.64% (0.311 0.31)62.36% (-0.313 -0.31)
Blackburn Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.69% (-0.063000000000002 -0.06)22.31% (0.062000000000001 0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.22% (-0.097999999999999 -0.1)55.78% (0.094000000000001 0.09)
Score Analysis
    Sheffield Wednesday 33.13%
    Blackburn Rovers 41.77%
    Draw 25.1%
Sheffield WednesdayDrawBlackburn Rovers
1-0 @ 7.89% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
2-1 @ 7.75% (0.044 0.04)
2-0 @ 5.16% (0.039000000000001 0.04)
3-1 @ 3.38% (0.041 0.04)
3-2 @ 2.53% (0.026 0.03)
3-0 @ 2.25% (0.032 0.03)
4-1 @ 1.11% (0.021 0.02)
Other @ 3.06%
Total : 33.13%
1-1 @ 11.83% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 6.03% (-0.036 -0.04)
2-2 @ 5.81% (0.022 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.27% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 0.17%
Total : 25.1%
0-1 @ 9.04% (-0.07 -0.07)
1-2 @ 8.88% (-0.026999999999999 -0.03)
0-2 @ 6.78% (-0.066 -0.07)
1-3 @ 4.44% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-3 @ 3.39% (-0.04 -0.04)
2-3 @ 2.9% (0.0049999999999999 0)
1-4 @ 1.66% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-4 @ 1.27% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-4 @ 1.09%
Other @ 2.32%
Total : 41.77%

How you voted: Sheff Weds vs Blackburn

Sheffield Wednesday
22.9%
Draw
14.3%
Blackburn Rovers
62.9%
35
Head to Head
Apr 20, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 43
Sheff Weds
1-0
Blackburn
Windass (37')
Hutchinson (15'), Bannan (80')

Evans (40'), Rothwell (74')
Dec 26, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 21
Blackburn
1-1
Sheff Weds
Rothwell (76')
Lenihan (79')
Reach (41')
Jan 18, 2020 3pm
Nov 2, 2019 3pm
Mar 16, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 38
Sheff Weds
4-2
Blackburn
Fletcher (10'), Nuhiu (60'), Iorfa (79'), Mathias (86')
Fletcher (40'), Winnall (52'), Aarons (74'), Lees (81')
Conway (72'), Bennett (88')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!