MX23RW : Monday, August 15 10:17:07| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Jun 26, 2022 at 1am UK at Robertson Stadium
Houston
2 - 0
Chicago Fire
Ulfarsson (23'), Quintero (45+2')
Rodriguez (41'), Steres (64'), Ceren (79'), Parker (90+2')
FT(HT: 2-0)

Navarro (38'), Espinoza (81')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between Houston Dynamo and Chicago Fire, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Chicago Fire 1-0 DC United
Sunday, June 19 at 1am in Major League Soccer

We said: Houston Dynamo 0-1 Chicago Fire

The Fire are a long way off the playoff picture right now, but they are showing some fight while working collectively hard to improve, and the same cannot always be said about the Dynamo of late. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Houston Dynamo win with a probability of 42.94%. A win for Chicago Fire had a probability of 31.26% and a draw had a probability of 25.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Houston Dynamo win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.18%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.93%) and 2-0 (7.42%). The likeliest Chicago Fire win was 0-1 (8.42%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.26%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 7.4% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Houston Dynamo would win this match.

Result
Houston DynamoDrawChicago Fire
42.94% (0.28 0.28) 25.8% (-0.125 -0.13) 31.26% (-0.156 -0.16)
Both teams to score 53.68% (0.334 0.33)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
49.65% (0.466 0.47)50.35% (-0.466 -0.47)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
27.71% (0.412 0.41)72.29% (-0.41199999999999 -0.41)
Houston Dynamo Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.69% (0.33800000000001 0.34)23.31% (-0.338 -0.34)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.74% (0.492 0.49)57.26% (-0.492 -0.49)
Chicago Fire Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.99% (0.129 0.13)30.01% (-0.129 -0.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.87% (0.15499999999999 0.15)66.13% (-0.155 -0.16)
Score Analysis
    Houston Dynamo 42.93%
    Chicago Fire 31.26%
    Draw 25.8%
Houston DynamoDrawChicago Fire
1-0 @ 10.18% (-0.09 -0.09)
2-1 @ 8.93% (0.043000000000001 0.04)
2-0 @ 7.42% (0.008 0.01)
3-1 @ 4.33% (0.063000000000001 0.06)
3-0 @ 3.6% (0.04 0.04)
3-2 @ 2.61% (0.047 0.05)
4-1 @ 1.58% (0.039 0.04)
4-0 @ 1.31% (0.028 0.03)
4-2 @ 0.95% (0.027 0.03)
Other @ 2.03%
Total : 42.93%
1-1 @ 12.26% (-0.06 -0.06)
0-0 @ 7% (-0.133 -0.13)
2-2 @ 5.37% (0.045 0.04)
3-3 @ 1.05% (0.023 0.02)
Other @ 0.12%
Total : 25.8%
0-1 @ 8.42% (-0.128 -0.13)
1-2 @ 7.38% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-2 @ 5.07% (-0.059 -0.06)
1-3 @ 2.96% (0.0049999999999999 0)
2-3 @ 2.16% (0.025 0.03)
0-3 @ 2.03% (-0.016 -0.02)
Other @ 3.24%
Total : 31.26%

How you voted: Houston vs Chicago Fire

Houston Dynamo
31.6%
Draw
26.3%
Chicago Fire
42.1%
19
Head to Head
Sep 24, 2020 12.30am
Chicago Fire
4-0
Houston
Beric (15'), Herbers (23'), Medran (40'), Sapong (87' pen.)
Pineda (63'), Shuttleworth (70')

Lassiter (83'), Struna (87'), Maric (89')
Aug 4, 2019 2am
Houston
0-1
Chicago Fire

Elis (44'), Vera (46')
Nikolic (45')
Bronico (53'), McCarty (67')
May 20, 2018 9pm
Chicago Fire
2-3
Houston
Nikolics (14'), Campos (16')
Adams (38'), Sanchez (83'), Ramos (91')
Quioto (4'), Elis (56' pen., 74')
Garcia (67'), Quioto (79'), Elis (80'), Willis (96')
Oct 22, 2017 9pm
Houston
3-0
Chicago Fire
Leonardo (2'), Quioto (68'), Manotas (75')
May 21, 2016 10pm
rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right
Tables

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia25139345192648
2CF MontrealMontreal2513484341243
3New York City FCNY City24126645271842
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2510783831737
5Columbus Crew2481063227534
6New England RevolutionNew England248973634233
7FC CincinnatiCincinnati258984245-333
8Orlando City2596102836-833
9Inter MiamiInter Miami2596103241-933
10Chicago Fire2586112834-630
11Atlanta UnitedAtlanta247893336-329
12Toronto2585123743-629
13Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2592143039-929
14DC United2464142848-2022

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia25139345192648
2CF MontrealMontreal2513484341243
3New York City FCNY City24126645271842
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2510783831737
5Columbus Crew2481063227534
6New England RevolutionNew England248973634233
7FC CincinnatiCincinnati258984245-333
8Orlando City2596102836-833
9Inter MiamiInter Miami2596103241-933
10Chicago Fire2586112834-630
11Atlanta UnitedAtlanta247893336-329
12Toronto2585123743-629
13Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2592143039-929
14DC United2464142848-2022

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Match previews - Daily
Transfer Talk Daily
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!