MX23RW : Sunday, June 16 13:16:24| >> :600:516774:516774:
South Korea national football team
World Cup Qualifying - Asia | Second Round
Jun 11, 2024 at 12pm UK
Seoul World Cup Stadium
China national football team

South Korea
1 - 0
China

Kang-in (61')
Woo-young (31')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Wenneng (45+2'), Xu (54'), Hao (80'), Yang (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's World Cup Qualifying - Asia clash between South Korea and China, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: Singapore 0-7 South Korea
Thursday, June 6 at 1pm in World Cup Qualifying - Asia
All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: China 1-1 Thailand
Thursday, June 6 at 1pm in World Cup Qualifying - Asia

We said: South Korea 2-1 China

China have been competitive in the AFC World Cup qualifiers but they have a poor record against South Korea. However, the visitors could prove difficult opponents if they play defensively in order to preserve their three-goal advantage over group rivals Thailand. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a South Korea win with a probability of 66.96%. A draw had a probability of 19.6% and a win for China had a probability of 13.44%.

The most likely scoreline for a South Korea win was 2-0 with a probability of 12%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (11.49%) and 2-1 (9.74%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.32%), while for a China win it was 0-1 (4.46%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with an 11.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that South Korea would win this match.

Result
South KoreaDrawChina
66.96% (-0.169 -0.17) 19.6% (-0.0030000000000001 -0) 13.44% (0.173 0.17)
Both teams to score 48.67% (0.49299999999999 0.49)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.4% (0.407 0.41)44.6% (-0.40600000000001 -0.41)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.03% (0.392 0.39)66.97% (-0.39099999999999 -0.39)
South Korea Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.62% (0.072999999999993 0.07)12.38% (-0.071999999999999 -0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.75% (0.152 0.15)38.25% (-0.151 -0.15)
China Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.55% (0.518 0.52)44.45% (-0.517 -0.52)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.51% (0.417 0.42)80.49% (-0.417 -0.42)
Score Analysis
    South Korea 66.94%
    China 13.44%
    Draw 19.6%
South KoreaDrawChina
2-0 @ 12% (-0.15 -0.15)
1-0 @ 11.49% (-0.17 -0.17)
2-1 @ 9.74% (0.025 0.03)
3-0 @ 8.36% (-0.075000000000001 -0.08)
3-1 @ 6.78% (0.037 0.04)
4-0 @ 4.37% (-0.027 -0.03)
4-1 @ 3.54% (0.029 0.03)
3-2 @ 2.75% (0.053 0.05)
5-0 @ 1.83% (-0.006 -0.01)
5-1 @ 1.48% (0.016 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.44% (0.032 0.03)
Other @ 3.18%
Total : 66.94%
1-1 @ 9.32% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-0 @ 5.5% (-0.097 -0.1)
2-2 @ 3.95% (0.067 0.07)
Other @ 0.83%
Total : 19.6%
0-1 @ 4.46% (-0.014 -0.01)
1-2 @ 3.78% (0.052 0.05)
0-2 @ 1.81% (0.021 0.02)
2-3 @ 1.07% (0.033 0.03)
1-3 @ 1.02% (0.029 0.03)
Other @ 1.3%
Total : 13.44%

How you voted: South Korea vs China

South Korea
82.1%
Draw
3.6%
China
14.3%
56
Head to Head
Nov 21, 2023 12pm
Second Round
China
0-3
South Korea

Jiang (45+2'), Lei (67'), Yennaris (85'), Zhu (86')
Heung-min (11' pen., 45'), Jung (87')
Yong-woo (74')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!