MX23RW : Monday, May 27 03:49:11| >> :600:2039456:2039456:

The Match

Match Report

Ecuador earn a deserved 1-1 draw with Netherlands in their Group A fixture at the World Cup in Al Rayyan.

Team News

Louis van Gaal makes three changes to his Netherlands XI for Friday's game with Ecuador.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's World Cup clash between Netherlands and Ecuador, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole looks at how Ecuador could line up in their World Cup contest with the Netherlands on Friday.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
World Cup
Last Game: Senegal 0-2 Netherlands
Monday, November 21 at 4pm in World Cup
All competitions
World Cup
Last Game: Qatar 0-2 Ecuador
Sunday, November 20 at 4pm in World Cup

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Netherlands win with a probability of 51.85%. A draw had a probability of 25.5% and a win for Ecuador had a probability of 22.65%.

The most likely scoreline for a Netherlands win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.9%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.03%) and 2-1 (9.37%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.05%), while for a Ecuador win it was 0-1 (7.75%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 12.1% likelihood.

Result
NetherlandsDrawEcuador
51.85% (-0.46 -0.46) 25.5% (-0.346 -0.35) 22.65% (0.81 0.81)
Both teams to score 47.89% (1.901 1.9)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.35% (2.006 2.01)54.65% (-2.002 -2)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.02% (1.638 1.64)75.98% (-1.634 -1.63)
Netherlands Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.9% (0.62599999999999 0.63)21.1% (-0.623 -0.62)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.07% (0.963 0.96)53.93% (-0.96 -0.96)
Ecuador Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
60.7% (1.945 1.95)39.3% (-1.941 -1.94)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
23.99% (1.77 1.77)76.01% (-1.767 -1.77)
Score Analysis
    Netherlands 51.84%
    Ecuador 22.65%
    Draw 25.5%
NetherlandsDrawEcuador
1-0 @ 12.9% (-0.78 -0.78)
2-0 @ 10.03% (-0.41 -0.41)
2-1 @ 9.37% (0.126 0.13)
3-0 @ 5.21% (-0.109 -0.11)
3-1 @ 4.86% (0.154 0.15)
3-2 @ 2.27% (0.186 0.19)
4-0 @ 2.03% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-1 @ 1.89% (0.095 0.1)
Other @ 3.29%
Total : 51.84%
1-1 @ 12.05% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
0-0 @ 8.29% (-0.667 -0.67)
2-2 @ 4.38% (0.282 0.28)
Other @ 0.78%
Total : 25.5%
0-1 @ 7.75% (-0.191 -0.19)
1-2 @ 5.63% (0.262 0.26)
0-2 @ 3.62% (0.103 0.1)
1-3 @ 1.75% (0.167 0.17)
2-3 @ 1.36% (0.153 0.15)
0-3 @ 1.13% (0.089 0.09)
Other @ 1.42%
Total : 22.65%

How you voted: Netherlands vs Ecuador

Netherlands
73.9%
Draw
16.8%
Ecuador
9.2%
748
Head to Head
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!