MX23RW : Sunday, June 16 14:01:16| >> :600:519466:519466:
Cape Verde national football team
World Cup Qualifying - Africa | Group Stage
Jun 11, 2024 at 5pm UK
Estadio Nacional de Cabo Verde
Libya national football team

Cape Verde
1 - 0
Libya

Borges (10')
Rocha (78'), Varela (89')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Mukhtar Al Shremi (25'), Aliaddawi (88'), Al Badri (89')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's World Cup Qualifying - Africa clash between Cape Verde and Libya, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: Cameroon 4-1 Cape Verde
Saturday, June 8 at 2pm in World Cup Qualifying - Africa
All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: Libya 2-1 Mauritius
Thursday, June 6 at 5pm in World Cup Qualifying - Africa

We said: Cape Verde 1-1 Libya

While Cape Verde will be looking to bounce back from their loss to Cameroon, they are in for a tough 90 minutes against a spirited Libya side who are unbeaten in 13 consecutive matches. That said, we predict a cagey affair at the Estadio Nacional de Cabo Verde, with both sides cancelling out each other's efforts. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Cape Verde win with a probability of 39.05%. A win for Libya had a probability of 31.25% and a draw had a probability of 29.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Cape Verde win was 1-0 with a probability of 13.67%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (7.75%) and 2-1 (7.61%). The likeliest Libya win was 0-1 (11.83%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.42%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 13.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Cape Verde in this match.

Result
Cape VerdeDrawLibya
39.05% (0.053999999999995 0.05) 29.71% (0.038999999999998 0.04) 31.25% (-0.09 -0.09)
Both teams to score 42.41% (-0.125 -0.13)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
35.46% (-0.139 -0.14)64.54% (0.142 0.14)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
16.43% (-0.097000000000001 -0.1)83.57% (0.099999999999994 0.1)
Cape Verde Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.83% (-0.039000000000001 -0.04)32.17% (0.041999999999994 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.35% (-0.044999999999998 -0.04)68.66% (0.049000000000007 0.05)
Libya Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
62.53% (-0.144 -0.14)37.48% (0.148 0.15)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.74% (-0.143 -0.14)74.26% (0.146 0.15)
Score Analysis
    Cape Verde 39.05%
    Libya 31.24%
    Draw 29.7%
Cape VerdeDrawLibya
1-0 @ 13.67% (0.06 0.06)
2-0 @ 7.75% (0.023999999999999 0.02)
2-1 @ 7.61% (-0.008 -0.01)
3-0 @ 2.93% (0.0049999999999999 0)
3-1 @ 2.88% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-2 @ 1.41% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 2.79%
Total : 39.05%
1-1 @ 13.42% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 12.05% (0.06 0.06)
2-2 @ 3.74% (-0.019 -0.02)
Other @ 0.5%
Total : 29.7%
0-1 @ 11.83% (0.02 0.02)
1-2 @ 6.59% (-0.026 -0.03)
0-2 @ 5.81% (-0.016 -0.02)
1-3 @ 2.16% (-0.017 -0.02)
0-3 @ 1.9% (-0.013 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.22% (-0.011 -0.01)
Other @ 1.74%
Total : 31.24%

How you voted: Cape Verde vs Libya

Cape Verde
39.1%
Draw
13.0%
Libya
47.8%
23
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!