MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 00:34:03| >> :600:989433:989433:
Cape Verde national football team
World Cup Qualifying - Africa | Group Stage
Nov 16, 2023 at 7pm UK
Estadio Nacional de Cabo Verde
Angola national football team

Cape Verde
0 - 0
Angola

FT

Fortuna (14'), Buatu Mananga (83')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Thursday's World Cup Qualifying - Africa clash between Cape Verde and Angola, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
Last Game: Cape Verde 1-2 Comoros
Tuesday, October 17 at 2pm in International Friendlies
All competitions
Last Game: Angola 0-0 Congo DR
Tuesday, October 17 at 3.30pm in International Friendlies

We said: Cape Verde 1-0 Angola

After a difficult three months, Cape Verde and Angola will head into Thursday looking to pick up a morale-boosting result and kick off their qualifying campaign on the right note. Bubista's men have home advantage in their favour, and given that they are unbeaten in four straight competitive home games since January 2022, we fancy them coming out on top in this one. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Angola win with a probability of 39.62%. A win for Cape Verde had a probability of 32.08% and a draw had a probability of 28.3%.

The most likely scoreline for an Angola win was 0-1 with a probability of 12.32%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.09%) and 0-2 (7.55%). The likeliest Cape Verde win was 1-0 (10.78%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.2%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 10.1% likelihood.

Result
Cape VerdeDrawAngola
32.08% (-0.050999999999995 -0.05) 28.29% (0.027000000000001 0.03) 39.62% (0.021999999999998 0.02)
Both teams to score 46.43% (-0.088000000000001 -0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
40.29% (-0.103 -0.1)59.71% (0.102 0.1)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
19.98% (-0.079999999999998 -0.08)80.02% (0.080000000000013 0.08)
Cape Verde Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.75% (-0.089999999999989 -0.09)34.25% (0.090999999999994 0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
29.06% (-0.096 -0.1)70.94% (0.096000000000004 0.1)
Angola Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.6% (-0.037000000000006 -0.04)29.4% (0.036999999999999 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.61% (-0.047000000000004 -0.05)65.39% (0.046000000000006 0.05)
Score Analysis
    Cape Verde 32.07%
    Angola 39.62%
    Draw 28.28%
Cape VerdeDrawAngola
1-0 @ 10.78% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 7.08% (-0.014 -0.01)
2-0 @ 5.78% (-0.0059999999999993 -0.01)
3-1 @ 2.53% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-0 @ 2.07% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
3-2 @ 1.55% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 2.3%
Total : 32.07%
1-1 @ 13.2%
0-0 @ 10.06% (0.040000000000001 0.04)
2-2 @ 4.33% (-0.013 -0.01)
Other @ 0.69%
Total : 28.28%
0-1 @ 12.32% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
1-2 @ 8.09% (-0.004999999999999 -0)
0-2 @ 7.55% (0.014 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.3% (-0.0050000000000003 -0.01)
0-3 @ 3.08% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-3 @ 1.77% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
1-4 @ 1.01% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
0-4 @ 0.94% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 1.57%
Total : 39.62%

How you voted: Cape Verde vs Angola

Cape Verde
60.7%
Draw
25.0%
Angola
14.3%
28
Head to Head
Jan 27, 2013 5pm
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!