MX23RW : Monday, May 20 16:07:56| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Clermont Foot
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 29
Apr 14, 2024 at 2pm UK
Stade Gabriel Montpied
Montpellier

Clermont
1 - 1
Montpellier

Cham (45+5' pen.)
Matsima (90+4')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Coulibaly (56')
Coulibaly (58')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Clermont and Montpellier HSC, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: PSG 1-1 Clermont
Saturday, April 6 at 8pm in Ligue 1

We said: Clermont 0-1 Montpellier HSC

Despite being undefeated in two home games against Montpellier in Ligue 1, the away side should take advantage of Clermont's dearth of goals and nick a marginal victory over the league's bottom club. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Montpellier HSC win with a probability of 47.65%. A win for Clermont had a probability of 28.14% and a draw had a probability of 24.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Montpellier HSC win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.43%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (9.31%) and 0-2 (7.73%). The likeliest Clermont win was 2-1 (6.94%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.36%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.4% likelihood.

Result
ClermontDrawMontpellier HSC
28.14% (0.579 0.58) 24.21% (0.136 0.14) 47.65% (-0.716 -0.72)
Both teams to score 57.11% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.97% (-0.213 -0.21)45.03% (0.213 0.21)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.62% (-0.203 -0.2)67.38% (0.203 0.2)
Clermont Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.51% (0.31399999999999 0.31)29.49% (-0.314 -0.31)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.5% (0.382 0.38)65.5% (-0.38200000000001 -0.38)
Montpellier HSC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.99% (-0.373 -0.37)19.01% (0.372 0.37)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.43% (-0.62 -0.62)50.57% (0.62 0.62)
Score Analysis
    Clermont 28.14%
    Montpellier HSC 47.65%
    Draw 24.2%
ClermontDrawMontpellier HSC
2-1 @ 6.94% (0.101 0.1)
1-0 @ 6.85% (0.121 0.12)
2-0 @ 4.18% (0.11 0.11)
3-1 @ 2.83% (0.065 0.07)
3-2 @ 2.35% (0.027 0.03)
3-0 @ 1.7% (0.058 0.06)
Other @ 3.31%
Total : 28.14%
1-1 @ 11.36% (0.07 0.07)
2-2 @ 5.76% (0.017 0.02)
0-0 @ 5.61% (0.051 0.05)
3-3 @ 1.3%
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 24.2%
1-2 @ 9.43% (-0.055000000000001 -0.06)
0-1 @ 9.31% (-0.025 -0.03)
0-2 @ 7.73% (-0.113 -0.11)
1-3 @ 5.22% (-0.093 -0.09)
0-3 @ 4.28% (-0.114 -0.11)
2-3 @ 3.19% (-0.028 -0.03)
1-4 @ 2.17% (-0.065 -0.07)
0-4 @ 1.78% (-0.068 -0.07)
2-4 @ 1.32% (-0.028 -0.03)
Other @ 3.24%
Total : 47.65%

How you voted: Clermont vs Montpellier

Clermont
32.3%
Draw
25.8%
Montpellier HSC
41.9%
31
Head to Head
Nov 29, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 8
Montpellier
1-1
Clermont
Savanier (87' pen.)
Der Zakarian (28'), Fayad (40'), Sainte-Luce (50'), Omeragic (90+4'), Esteve (90+8'), Leroy (90+7'), Leroy (90+8')
Der Zakarian (28'), Esteve (90+8')
Gonalons (7')
Oumar Konate (8'), Caufriez (38'), Pelmard (74'), Keita (76'), Gonalons (90+8'), Caufriez (90+8')
Borges (90+8')
Mar 19, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 28
Montpellier
2-1
Clermont
Wahi (61', 72')
Khaoui (32')
Nov 6, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 14
Clermont
1-1
Montpellier
Andric (62')
Savanier (10' pen.)
May 8, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 36
Clermont
2-1
Montpellier
Rashani (4'), Bayo (69' pen.)
Abdul Samed (35'), Gastien (60')
Chotard (32')
Mollet (24'), Dall'Oglio (25'), Souquet (71'), Leroy (74'), Chotard (74')
Dec 5, 2021 2pm
Gameweek 17
Montpellier
1-0
Clermont
Wahi (28')
Mavididi (38'), Sambia (50'), Chotard (90')

Abdul Samed (51'), Abdul Samed (90+3'), Gastien (90+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CParis Saint-GermainPSG342210281334876
2MonacoMonaco34207768422667
3Brest341710753341961
4Lille341611752341859
5Nice341510940291155
6Lyon34165134955-653
7Lens34149114537851
8Marseille3413111052411150
9Reims34138134247-547
10Rennes341210125346746
11Toulouse341110134246-443
12Montpellier HSCMontpellier341012124348-541
13StrasbourgStrasbourg34109153850-1239
14NantesNantes3496193055-2533
15Le HavreLe Havre34711163445-1132
16Lorient3478194366-2329
17Metz3485213558-2329
RClermont34510192660-3425


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!