MX23RW : Monday, December 11 18:49:42| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Angers
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 12
Oct 23, 2022 at 12pm UK
Stade Jean Bouin
Rennes
Angers
1 - 2
Rennes
Salama (53')
Valery (55'), Amadou (90+1')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Gouiri (43'), Majer (90+2' pen.)
Tait (57'), Theate (75')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Angers and Rennes, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.
More game data and we say below the videos

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Toulouse 3-2 Angers
Sunday, October 16 at 12pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Rennes 3-2 Lyon
Sunday, October 16 at 2pm in Ligue 1

We said: Angers 1-3 Rennes

We expect Rennes' attacking quality to be too much for Angers to handle on Sunday. It is a meeting between Ligue 1's worst defence and second best attack, making by far the most likely outcome an away win in what should be an entertaining affair. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Rennes win with a probability of 57.94%. A draw had a probability of 22.3% and a win for Angers had a probability of 19.76%.

The most likely scoreline for a Rennes win was 0-1 with a probability of 10.53%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.92%) and 0-2 (9.91%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.55%), while for an Angers win it was 1-0 (5.61%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 9.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Rennes would win this match.

Result
AngersDrawRennes
19.76% (1.3 1.3) 22.29% (0.309 0.31) 57.94% (-1.611 -1.61)
Both teams to score 53.6% (1.265 1.27)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.97% (0.559 0.56)45.02% (-0.562 -0.56)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.62% (0.538 0.54)67.37% (-0.53700000000001 -0.54)
Angers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
63.25% (1.735 1.74)36.74% (-1.738 -1.74)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
26.46% (1.696 1.7)73.53% (-1.698 -1.7)
Rennes Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
84.74% (-0.336 -0.34)15.25% (0.335 0.34)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.06% (-0.634 -0.63)43.93% (0.631 0.63)
Score Analysis
    Angers 19.76%
    Rennes 57.93%
    Draw 22.29%
AngersDrawRennes
1-0 @ 5.61% (0.129 0.13)
2-1 @ 5.28% (0.301 0.3)
2-0 @ 2.81% (0.191 0.19)
3-1 @ 1.76% (0.178 0.18)
3-2 @ 1.66% (0.149 0.15)
3-0 @ 0.94% (0.104 0.1)
Other @ 1.7%
Total : 19.76%
1-1 @ 10.55% (0.12 0.12)
0-0 @ 5.6% (-0.136 -0.14)
2-2 @ 4.97% (0.228 0.23)
3-3 @ 1.04% (0.082 0.08)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 22.29%
0-1 @ 10.53% (-0.39 -0.39)
1-2 @ 9.92% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-2 @ 9.91% (-0.482 -0.48)
1-3 @ 6.22% (-0.075 -0.08)
0-3 @ 6.21% (-0.379 -0.38)
2-3 @ 3.11% (0.108 0.11)
1-4 @ 2.92% (-0.07 -0.07)
0-4 @ 2.92% (-0.214 -0.21)
2-4 @ 1.46% (0.034 0.03)
1-5 @ 1.1% (-0.04 -0.04)
0-5 @ 1.1% (-0.095 -0.1)
Other @ 2.53%
Total : 57.93%

How you voted: Angers vs Rennes

Angers
18.2%
Draw
9.1%
Rennes
72.7%
55
Head to Head
Mar 6, 2022 2pm
Aug 29, 2021 2pm
Angers
2-0
Rennes
Boufal (57'), Cho (88')
Fulgini (84')

Bade (31')
Bade (43')
Apr 17, 2021 11.45am
Angers
0-3
Rennes

Amadou (45+2'), Traore (65')
Doku (45+1'), Terrier (63'), Guirassy (90+1')
Oct 23, 2020 8pm
Rennes
1-2
Angers
Hunou (18')
N'Kemboanza Mike Christopher Nzonzi (12'), Da Silva (45')
Boufal (27'), Fulgini (57')
May 2, 2020 7pm
rhs 2.0
MLS Apple TV+ Messi promo
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG15113138122636
2Nice159511661032
3MonacoMonaco1593331201130
4Lille157621911827
5Brest157441915425
6Marseille156542216623
7Lens156541915423
8Reims157262121023
9NantesNantes155371925-618
10StrasbourgStrasbourg154561420-617
11Le HavreLe Havre153751317-416
12Metz154471523-816
13Rennes153662021-115
14Montpellier HSCMontpellier153661720-314
15Toulouse152761421-713
16Lorient152672029-912
17Clermont15258921-1211
18Lyon152491427-1310

MLS Apple TV+ Messi promo
New Apple Music general promo - 300x250

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!